MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots)

Go down 
+3
smootik
pitfighter
mrclark
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mrclark

Number of posts : 19
Location / Country : Canada
Registration date : 2011-01-29

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) Empty
PostSubject: Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots)   Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi thought I'd post some of my collection, enjoy.

I'll start with the model guns and deacts, with a dash of live guns as well. If I get time I'll post the rest.

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 28651001

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 19544764

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 33824497

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 37692712

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 37692714

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 56119621

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 56121043

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 124112172

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 131549147

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 131549133

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 131549136

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 131549139

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 138714803

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 138714805

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 138714811

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 138714814

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 138714815

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 138714817

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 138714810

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 138714802

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 131549142

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 131549144

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 64746010

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 64752323

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 74882353

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 71424607

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 111695269

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 111695256

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 111681607

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 111681613

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 20264644

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 53398886

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 33824496

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 35358610

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 29017943

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 29017934

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 111695259

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 94943237

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 94943233

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 133476650

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 133476699

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 124111275

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 124111260

Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 618
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots)   Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:47 pm

Terrific Collection!

Well done, the BAR is particularly nice.

I spent a few months on a job in BC, and couldn't find any guns for sale at all, not even militaria, I was quite disappointed.
There was a very well stocked movie rental house, and a few internet stores but certainly no stores like the US - that I found - I am sure there are some, I did talk to people who had collections.
You have done very well, to assemble such a great collection, well done!

Jesse.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots)   Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 5:28 pm

Wow, you have some biguns in there, too :-D

Nice collection, good photos! Enjoyed your sharing!
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots)   Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 5:37 pm

With such handsome collection...if you haven't reveal where you're from then I'll never believe you're from Canada affraid
Back to top Go down
mrclark

PostSubject: Re: Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots)   Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 6:17 pm

pitfighter wrote:
Terrific Collection!

Well done, the BAR is particularly nice.

I spent a few months on a job in BC, and couldn't find any guns for sale at all, not even militaria, I was quite disappointed.
There was a very well stocked movie rental house, and a few internet stores but certainly no stores like the US - that I found - I am sure there are some, I did talk to people who had collections.
You have done very well, to assemble such a great collection, well done!

Jesse.

Thanks, yes these types of guns are near impossible to find these days in Canada. The brens and stens pop up quite often but are usually in pretty bad shape. Everyone has the good ones and are keeping them. No ones wants the old torch cut ones so they float around a bit.

In fact the BAR was torch cut when I got it and it took forever to weld it back properly so as to get it looking good again. Thats because the metal used in the reciever was just so weak and thin. They sure could have used a lesson from the folks at Inglis or Enfield on how to forge a receiver thats for sure. Then to find a finish that could merge the welds and receiver together without looking like crap took a while as well. I used oxpho blue.

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 31699405

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 33138842
Back to top Go down
mrclark

PostSubject: Re: Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots)   Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 6:37 pm

jim wrote:
With such handsome collection...if you haven't reveal where you're from then I'll never believe you're from Canada affraid

Yup from canada, these things are legal with the right paper work or in deactivated form. we have quite a large firearms community here.

As I said above these are getting very hard to find and I try to hold on to as much as I can for as long as I can. but to find more stuff like this these days you have to really know alot about the guns and how to restore them.

I restore and work on firearms for a side job and am an Investigator for the courier/transportation industry for my full time job. I need as much stress relief as I can get. Restoring these old beasts sure does help.

Heres what the M2HB looked like when I got it. It was found by a scuba team in a crashed WW2 bomber.
I'll never really get rid of the pitting but I got rid of a lot of it. Its a Harrington and Richardson M2HB so it was mostlikely British or Canadian lend lease. An early model of the gun.

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 133476644

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 133476647

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 120741451

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 133476659

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 120741454

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 133476668

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 133476674
Back to top Go down
mrclark

PostSubject: Re: Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots)   Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 6:58 pm

some others most recently a very rough Bren MKIm that was cut and welded back together then spray painted black before it was even cleaned. who ever welded it must have been drunk, it was the worse one I have ever worked on.

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 130782691

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 130784345

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 130782694

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 130782696

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 130782690

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 130782993

heres the process and finished product, I reshaped the welds, and refinshed the metal and by hand as well as the wood.
all where done with hand files and a dremel as I could not take the gun down due to it being a legal deact. It took me about 4 months. I basically resculped it.

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 130806691

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 130811231

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 130822162

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 131539365

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 131539374

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 131761445

finished product

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 132505429

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 132665037

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 132665032

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 132665042

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 132505435

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 130782715

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 133277558
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots)   Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 7:54 pm

Great results! You must get a heck of fun from people who don't believe this is the same thing after your restoration :-)
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots)   Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:58 pm

Nice work! - lot of blood sweat and tears in that there firearm, I suspect!

JJ
Back to top Go down
mrclark

PostSubject: Re: Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots)   Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:03 pm

smootik wrote:
Great results! You must get a heck of fun from people who don't believe this is the same thing after your restoration :-)

actually the bren in these photos, was completed for customer around march, he was very happy. I took me months and months but when he got it he looked like a kid on xmas day. He actually paid me more than what I asked for in services he was so happy.

I,m glad the gun went to a good home.
Back to top Go down
mrclark

PostSubject: Re: Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots)   Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:13 pm

last one, this gun turned out very nice its an Inglis HP with the tangent rear site and notch for the stock. I wanted to make it still look used and not completely refinished.

if you look at it in person you cant tell its been restored, I even cleaned out the serial numbers to make it look like the original finish.

all HP's were stamped after the parkerising process.

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 56901208

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 56899997

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 56899997

and after

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 68521620

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 68521373

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 68530723

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 68525672

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) 68582599
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots)   Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:33 pm

Awesome! Great stuff!
Glad to know there are guys like you still around in Canada! sunny

Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots)   Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:08 pm

mate,

Great stuff!!
Really like your High Power....and those Sten collection.
S
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots)   Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:37 pm

I've been away for a couple of weeks so catching up on posts has taken some time. This is a terrific collection mrclark, very, very impressive.

I particularly like the way you've displayed the Browning M1919 casually sitting on a shelf, what a talking point that is Very Happy

As a matter of interest, which are the Modelguns Question The Thompsons are for sure, PPSh41 also Question Are all the MkII and MKIII STENS models or de-acs:?:

A fantastic collection, thank you for sharing and for showing your restoration skills

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
mrclark

PostSubject: Re: Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots)   Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:47 pm

hi, yes the stens are all deacts. The MKIIs is british, the MKIII british as well but Finn refurb, I also have a MKV I'll post later. The MKII stens are both canadian made here actually http://www.pbase.com/mrclark/long_branch_factory

some neat photos there from our federal archives if your interested.

heres some from the inglis factory as well

http://www.pbase.com/mrclark/inglis_factory_
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots)   Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:54 pm

Those are great pics, thank you for posting the link, I knew I liked Rosie the riveter for some reason, lol.

I wish we could buy from you guys, but, your deacs are not deacs here in the US, the receiver is still problematic.

I am looking for an Inglis Bren now, before they disappear forever, I am going to do the unthinkable though and have it assembled in semi.

Nice collection once again.

JJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots)   Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some of my collection of deacts, model guns and live firearms (hope you have time theres lots)
Page 1 of 1