MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

5.56 empty shells

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joachim

Number of posts : 7
Location / Country : belgium
Registration date : 2011-11-22

5.56 empty shells Empty
PostSubject: 5.56 empty shells   5.56 empty shells Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 10:55 am

hello,

would it be possible to use empty real shells to put caps in to fire at reenactment shows i our m16a1's??? we dont have the possibility to have blank firing full auto weapons in belgium so we are using modeguns but at the cost of reusable shells in europe it would be better if we could convert real shell to shoot. Or dous there exist disposable 5.56 .223 shells?

thx,

joachim
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

5.56 empty shells Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5.56 empty shells   5.56 empty shells Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 3:08 pm

Welcome to the forum :-)

As far as I know there is no such disposable shells. The only disposable ones were made by WaShan in 9mm caliber for their Glock and Beretta modelguns. They are not quite available outside of Taiwan though, as the only European importer disappeared two years ago.

Take a look at link below how cartridges are designed to better understand how much work would need to be done to convert modelgun and empty shells to work with caps. Except for old BLK and open cartridges all others have intricate internals and special shapes to provide enough blowback. I suspect most of modelgun design is related to that part.
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2280-guide-to-cartridge-types
Back to top Go down
joachim

5.56 empty shells Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5.56 empty shells   5.56 empty shells Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 3:55 pm

hi,

thx for the info to bad nobody makes them thet would sell very easy in europe (maybe I'll make them myself) I already owned a MGC thompson but sold him when I bought a deact.

Joachim

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

5.56 empty shells Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5.56 empty shells   5.56 empty shells Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 4:40 pm

It is a long standing dream of modelgun funs to have cheap disposable cartridges. Sadly, it is still a dream.

As for serious production, there are three problems that would need to be solved. The first is that price depends on scale, and unless you can make (and sell) such cartridges in large quantities, they will remain expensive. The second problem is cap supply - as cap is embedded in a cartridge, you would need to obtain permits for cap import into your country. The third question is that you would need to obtain another permit to manufacture and sell dangerous goods, as you now sell your own part containing a cap.
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

Number of posts : 208
Location / Country : Belgium
Registration date : 2009-07-02

5.56 empty shells Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5.56 empty shells   5.56 empty shells Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:42 pm

Hallo Joachim

Nog een Belg hier Very Happy
Ik wou je gewoon even meegeven dat je hier wel mee moet oppassen.
Echte lege hulzen mag je niet in je bezit hebben zonder vergunning model 4 voor dat kaliber.

Groetjes
Back to top Go down
joachim

5.56 empty shells Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5.56 empty shells   5.56 empty shells Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 7:01 am

hallo yellow,

ook geen reeds gebruikte? we hebben met onze ww2 reenactmentclub zeer veel hulzen zelf met kop erop enkel een gaatje in de zijkant boren om aan te tonen dat ze inert zijn.

joachim
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

5.56 empty shells Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5.56 empty shells   5.56 empty shells Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:28 am

Hello joachim, welcome to our forum Very Happy

Which model of the M16A1 do you have please Question Is it the early all metal MGC, later ABS and HWABS model or Marushin's version:?:

Disposable cartridges for PFC type cap-firing 5.56mm modelguns aren't available unfortunately and the thought of losing expensive re-useable MGC / Marushin cartridges on re-enactment battlefields is not a pleasant one. To avoid having to search the field for spent cartridges you could try using a shell-catcher pouch that straps over the gun's ejection port. You would keep all your re-useable cartridges safely like that

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
joachim

5.56 empty shells Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5.56 empty shells   5.56 empty shells Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:56 pm

hello,

Ido not yet have one but the rest of my group have the new marushin m16a1 from modelguns uk, and I think i'll go also with one of them. I don't realy like the ABS version to use in thr field

Joachim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

5.56 empty shells Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5.56 empty shells   5.56 empty shells Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5.56 empty shells
Page 1 of 1