MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge Empty
PostSubject: Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge   Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Cartridge: Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4A1 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge

ManufacturerTanio Koba
Designation5.56mm .223" M4A1
TypeC.P-HW Hexagon Cut Piston
Carts per box15/30
Length44.85 mm
Diameter9.43mm Tapers to 9.02mm Neck Dia. 6.65mm
Weight6g
Parts5 (shell, primer, piston, 0-Ring,top )
Caps7mm
------
Used in:Tanio Koba M4A1, Marushin M16/XM177, MGC XM177 (abs)

Note: Made of light Aluminium Alloy, Gold Anodised finish
Note
: Hexagon Cut Piston designed to allow more smoke to vent from cartridge
Note: May be used in Marushin M6A1/XM177E2 with slight mods' to Det.Pin. May also be used in MGC XM177E2 (ABS version) with modification to Det.Chamber Mouth

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.

Last edited by Cerwyn on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:36 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Nominal Dims Added Note re Modifying MGC ABS XM177 Chamber Mouth added)
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge   Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge TK223Cart

Marushin cartridge Left, Tanio Koba on Right side.

Note Difference in case length before taper to neck of cartridge between the 2.
TK: Length of Case from base of Rim to 9.02mm dimension = 37mm Line Drg to follow

Last edited by Cerwyn on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Nominal Dimensions added)
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Number of posts : 275
Location / Country : Leeds
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge   Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 12:50 pm

Hi Guys

Could someone please put up a picture of the cartridge as set up for firing : ie position and correct way around for the cap etc I am unable to find such a picture elsewhere on the forum and I recently purchased an M16 which is set up for these rounds ( thanks Chris )

Rifle came with a bag full of new rounds so I am quite keen on having a play if anyone can help ?

Also I am looking for a new magazine for the Marushin if anyone has a spare laying around ? The mag I have is configured for the TK cartridge hence virtually zero spring resistance and I would like another for my Marushin rounds if pss

Thanks guys

Carl. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge   Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 1:28 pm

Hi Carl,

All you need to do is load the TK .223 in the same way as MGC .223 carts. 

The cap, 7mm MG (Yellow Box) are the recommended cap rather than Marushin or "Real Flame". The Red charge should face UP towards the top of the case when loading, push it all the way down till it sits firmly on the "primer".
Lube the 0-Ring with silicone oil, push the piston & ring into the case using the wide end of a loading stick. That seats the piston 5 or 6mm deep into the case.

Screw on the top and there you go.

Keep a careful eye on the 0-rings as they tend to split and tear rather easily. The Hexagon pistons don't give as much support to the rings as normal MGC style pistons. Not enough silicone oil lube can peel the rings away from their grooves fairly easily as the piston slides inside the case.
Dirt gets under these 0-rings easily too so take them off regularly to clean both ring and groove.

On the subject of cleaning, the light alloy cartridges are coated / plated with a shiny brass finish. Ultrasonic cleaning with James Sea Clean will strip off the coating in no time. Washing up liquid or something gentle like that will be fine.

Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Number of posts : 275
Location / Country : Leeds
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge   Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 3:14 pm

Appreciated Cerwyn !

I should be able to manage them - there is also a pic of the rounds in the instruction pages of the TK M4 review but a photo would have been nice !

The TK carts are so light they feel like they could float in the air compared to the Marushin brass !

I have couple days off work so would have liked to have a little blast and Chris says the 16 is shooting really well so we will see !

Carl.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge   Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 4:09 pm

phobus wrote:
Appreciated Cerwyn !

I should be able to manage them - there is also a pic of the rounds in the instruction pages of the TK M4 review but a photo would have been nice !

The TK carts are so light they feel like they could float in the air compared to the Marushin brass !

I have couple days off work so would have liked to have a little blast and Chris says the 16 is shooting really well so we will see !

Carl.

No problem Carl, your post has given me a timely reminder to update several areas on the Forum, including Cartridge Loading.
1st chance I have I'll get a photo guide done for these TK .223s

Being such a lightweight cartridge, these do fly far and fast. Last time I fired one of my Marushin XM177 models, heavily converted including a Centre Fire bolt mod' they flew straight across the room nearly taking out some glass ornaments.

Enjoy yourself with your new 16 mate Very Happy  

Back to top Go down
Brough2
Brough2

Number of posts : 89
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2017-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge   Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 6:59 pm

Cerwyn wrote:
phobus wrote:
Appreciated Cerwyn !

Carl.

No problem Carl, your post has given me a timely reminder to update several areas on the Forum, including Cartridge Loading.
1st chance I have I'll get a photo guide done for these TK .223s

Being such a lightweight cartridge, these do fly far and fast. Last time I fired one of my Marushin XM177 models, heavily converted including a Centre Fire bolt mod' they flew straight across the room nearly taking out some glass ornaments.

Enjoy yourself with your new 16 mate Very Happy  

Please excuse my ignorance Embarassed but could someone explain the "centre fire bolt mod"
I'm intrigued as to how it works and what modifications need to be done Question
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge   Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 10:22 am

Hello Brough

A Centre Fire system uses a Firing Pin running through the centre of the bolt. The hammer strikes one end of the pin which then strikes the "Primer" in the cartridge base.
Both Tanio Koba and late MGC M16 and M4 models use this system. Marushin adopted a bolt that when struck by the hammer all moves forwards to push the cartridge against the Det.Pin

The conversion of Marushin's M16/XM177 mentioned earlier required replacing the original zinc bolt with a steel version. When fitted in the bolt carrier the bolt does not move back and forth. A steel firing pin is fitted through the centre of the bolt as shown in these photos

Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge MarushinM16XM177CentreFireConversionBolt1

Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge MarushinM16XM177CentreFireConversionBolt2

Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge MarushinM16XM177CentreFireConversionBolt3
I hope this helps  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
mystikchepas
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 139
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge   Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 11:47 am

Stupid question but it is not compatible with MGC M4A1 ?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge   Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 12:39 pm

The Tanio Koba cartridge is compatable with MGC's M4A1. I've used them in a ABS MGC XM177 too.
To be honest, I don't remember if the Det Pin length needs adjusting due to TKoba's slightly shorter and Hexagon cut piston.

Back to top Go down
mystikchepas
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 139
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge   Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 12:50 pm

ok Smile
Back to top Go down
Brough2
Brough2

Number of posts : 89
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2017-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge   Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 4:29 pm

Cheers Cerwyn,

All makes sence, similar to a RS set up.
Thanks for that.

Brough
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge   Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 4:48 pm

Brough2 wrote:
Cheers Cerwyn,

All makes sence, similar to a RS set up.
Thanks for that.

Brough

No problem Brough. Yes, it's very much more like RS setups. We modified Marushin's bolt as part of a major rework to improve performance. Being all metal the Marushin should prove less prone to breakages than MGC's HWABS M4s etc.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge   Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tanio Koba .223" (5.56mm) M4 Aluminium Alloy Cartridge
Page 1 of 1