MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MP5 with a Difference...

Go down 
+7
josh676
modelgunfan
Momocampo
JohnnyV
smootik
claymore
jim
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 389
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-01-31

MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:57 am

Ok thanks a lot Jim!!
Well, maybe a day the mp5 model gun version...Keep dreaming.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11083
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:11 am

Hi Jim,

Is this going to be available for general release or is it a "one-off" custom special Question If it'll cycle and eject dummy rounds could it be converted into a cap-firer do you think Question

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:17 am

Cerwyn & Momo,

This MP5's from the same source of my previous Hong Kong made full-steel dummy guns (i.e. from a skillful theatrical armourer) and this time he made 30 pcs MP5 variants altogether...

Since cap firing is illegal here in HK so he won't consider making the cap firing version (and cap firing mechanism is more complicated beyond his ability)...

The price of this...? 2,500 Euro Shocked !!! (maybe a bargain for Shazhib & other Japanese guys here who can only buy weld-solid deacts with this amount)

Note: I've never disclose any of these dummy guns anywhere - only here in MP40 Very Happy (don't wanna get in trouble on local forums)!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi Jim,

It is a real privelage for us all here @ MP40 to see your custom made specials Very Happy Thank you for sharing them with us Wink You're lucky to have such a unique collection

Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 2:59 pm

2500 euros!!!! arrrggggg....
Ok I think it's really a good thing that it's not a model gun, like that I don't have to buy it ..... Wink
Well more I know you Jim, more I think you are a crazy guy Smile And I always wonder how many guns you vould have Shocked
Anyway, thanks for sharing your collection with us Wink

Wink
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:42 am

I've never really figure out how many guns I have...roughly >200 (any gun-shaped objects including springers) Question Compared to many dedicated collectors I'm just a small potato Wink
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:48 pm

More than 200!!!!!
Arrgggg again.....
I can't believe it and at the same time I am sure it's true.
Really unbelievable...
I wonder how do you do to stock them? Do you stay them in their boxes or not?
That's is really a collection !
Congralutations.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:39 pm

I bet you only had a 5 or 7 in the beginning, but they started to multiply?
I found it happened to me too ;-) First I looked at folks like Mark, Cerwyn who posted more reviews than I ever thought I would have modelguns. And then, well.., I am still (very) far from 200 though. Guess we need to make up names for scaling collectors - if you are small potato, I can't even be a small fish ;-D

Storage is an issue. I use boxes (original or made-up) for majority. Some of models are going to a display cabinet as soon as I can find good (and reasonably cheap) transparent stands for them.

(sorry for thread hijack!)
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 620
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 7:08 am

Storage is the big issue, isn't it?
We have to have safes for our collections in Cal, or you can actually get in trouble (you get a letter every time you buy a new handgun, reminding you, that if anyone gets your gun because it was improperly secured, you could be liable), so it can be an expensive pain, too.

Your builder really is skilled, Jim!
Every so often you run into really skilled people in the movie industry it attracts the mad genius' gene.

What is your next assignment for him?

Pit.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 8:04 am

Momocampo wrote:
More than 200!!!!!
Arrgggg again.....
I can't believe it and at the same time I am sure it's true.
Really unbelievable...
I wonder how do you do to stock them? Do you stay them in their boxes or not?
That's is really a collection !
Congralutations.

OK first answering your doubts Momo...

I stock them in many ways (I believe just like what Smootik & many others does) but I'll try to tell how I store:

- guns in high value but not my top favourites will be in their original boxes;
- long arms will be either hang up on the wall or on the rack (not too many inside their box);
- some 50 pistols kept inside a wood cabinet with sand-blast glass door;
- new pistol(s) will usually on the side of my sofa therefore very handy for the first few days (or hours - if I get more than one at the same time Wink )
- top favorite pistols (namely the steel dummy Colt DS / Beretta 92FS / SIG P250 etc)...next to my pillow Laughing
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 8:35 am

smootik wrote:
I bet you only had a 5 or 7 in the beginning, but they started to multiply?
I found it happened to me too ;-) First I looked at folks like Mark, Cerwyn who posted more reviews than I ever thought I would have modelguns. And then, well.., I am still (very) far from 200 though. Guess we need to make up names for scaling collectors - if you are small potato, I can't even be a small fish ;-D

Storage is an issue. I use boxes (original or made-up) for majority. Some of models are going to a display cabinet as soon as I can find good (and reasonably cheap) transparent stands for them.

(sorry for thread hijack!)

No problem Smootik - that's why "Chinese Whispers" are fun to play Wink

Yes - my collection grows rapidly since 2004 when I returned to HK from Australia (after my real pistols were forcibly taken away by the government in response to a school shooting not committed by me)...

And sorry guys no offence to anyone for my small potato comparison Wink ...
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 8:49 am

pitfighter wrote:
Storage is the big issue, isn't it?
We have to have safes for our collections in Cal, or you can actually get in trouble (you get a letter every time you buy a new handgun, reminding you, that if anyone gets your gun because it was improperly secured, you could be liable), so it can be an expensive pain, too.

Your builder really is skilled, Jim!
Every so often you run into really skilled people in the movie industry it attracts the mad genius' gene.

What is your next assignment for him?

Pit.

Same for me and others regarding pistol storage: we need to have thick steel safe bolted to the concrete ground (using at least 2 so-called "explosive" screws)

I'm not in the position to give the guy any assignment unless I can afford his "One-Off Custom" (somebody did: he hand-made one and only Borchardt pistol before)...but next he'll make some AK variants and Glocks in his mind as well (if so I'll get a G18C)...or actually I did: I always urged him to make FN FAL / CZ75 and more revolvers (which he had difficulties adjusting the cylinder) such as M10 / M686 Wink ...

Before that he made Remington M870 and both short & long Colt: with short (pistol) as the Defender the long one...I'll show you guys asap (got it for over a now but to my surprise I'd never show you guys)...

Easy Hint: I'd complained here before that with so many M16A1 and M4 replica rifles on the market it seems one piece's missing...
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 653
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 12:12 pm

You know how to keep the fire fueled, don't you?!

I am curious, mate!
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 11:37 am

Sorry Guys - too many things happened for the past few days (have to go to the Watch & Clock Fair for work as well as other issues)...more pictures & a video coming very very soon...

Trust Me - never intended to hold everyone up...
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:20 pm

OK OK here we go Wink ...

MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 060920125843

MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 060920125844
Something not too satisfied with the finish of the upper: it was painted with rough surface instead of blued so at times it feels like a cheap airsoft...

MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 060920125846
This "Kal 9x19mm" is stamped by VFC but then...

MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 060920125852
...the proofmarks and the s/n are restamped (not sure about "HK MP5": 1st batch was very light but later batches got better)

MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 060920125853
The bolt - before stripping this gun apart...

MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 060920125855
Again - just how realistic current GBBs are (supposed this one is a faithful MP5 replica)...

MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 060920125856
The Trigger Pack & Trigger Group...basically identical to VFC's (only for this everything includes the hammer are steel instead of alloy Wink )...

MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 060920125857
Another thing that I don't appreciate after the paint: this gun is too greasy..the greasiest dummy gun I've ever had Mad ...

MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 060920125858
With the hammer cocked...much harder than the GBB since the spring is rea..."original"...

MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 060920125859
The bolt assembly & recoil spring/rod...

MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 060920125860
MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 060920125861
MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 060920125864
I've only seen in flesh the bolt of the modified blank firing MP5 - since the original roller-delayed blowback mechanism have to be destroyed to make it simple blowback for blank firing...so is this a faithful replica anyone?

MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 060920125865
Before putting it all back...again I hate the paint on it Evil or Very Mad (I'm almost certain I'll do something about it soon)!

MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 060920125866
The stock buffer & the recoil spring slightly different to the VFC GBB (since the springs are...original)

MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 060920125869
After wiping off most of the grease & tuning it slightly before assembly, loaded 7 inert rounds onto the original magazine and MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 1498934320

Forget about me & the radio news: simply focus on the actions (if the last round flies as well then it'll be perfect)...

MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 060920125870
Finally...this gun's very hard and the rounds got beat up very quickly - can't imagine how many cap's needed for each round if this is a pfc (and how many spares needed)...

Please feel free to ask for something I've missed Very Happy ! Thanks for Reading!
Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:55 pm

jim wrote:
Something not too satisfied with the finish of the upper: it was painted with rough surface instead of blued so at times it feels like a cheap airsoft...
I have never seen a blued Mp5, most have a baked on/somewhat rough finish, so your replica just might be spot on? Smile

jim wrote:
I've only seen in flesh the bolt of the modified blank firing MP5 - since the original roller-delayed blowback mechanism have to be destroyed to make it simple blowback for blank firing...so is this a faithful replica anyone?
As far as I can say it is very, very accurate, only detail is the firing pin hole of course Smile Can the bolt and bolt carrier be taken apart further?
There should be a locking bar on the left side of the bolt carrier*, when this is pressed the bolt should be ale to turn, and at 45 degrees the bolt should be possible to pull forward and off the bolt carrier.

The trigger housing and trigger pack looks great really, if you turn the safety straight up, past the "S" marking you should be able to pull it straight out and the lift the trigger pack sttraight out of the trigger housing.

Here's a manual with a few detailed drawings:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/21560628/Hk-Mp5-Armorer-Instructions-Manual

Man, I haven't been visiting here for ages, popped in as I had gotten a PM and stumbled on this Smile This is really awesome, I love your dedication to these dummy guns!

More pics!!! Very Happy

*I might be confusing the locking bar with the G3, but the bolt should turn.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:47 am

I love it Very Happy Wow what a fantastic modelgun you have there jim Very Happy

As you've said, it's amazing how realistic the airsoft GBB models have become which, in part, has made building your replica a little easier than if it were an electric gun. How long will it be before one of us builds a cap firer based on VFC's airsoft gun Very Happy Question

Thank you very much for sharing this with us jim

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1245
Location / Country : London

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 12:40 pm

It does eject those rounds well i wonder how difficult it would be to get useing cp rounds
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 7:02 am

2Sharp wrote:
I have never seen a blued Mp5, most have a baked on/somewhat rough finish, so your replica just might be spot on? Smile

There should be a locking bar on the left side of the bolt carrier*, when this is pressed the bolt should be able to turn, and at 45 degrees the bolt should be possible to pull forward and off the bolt carrier.

The trigger housing and trigger pack looks great really, if you turn the safety straight up, past the "S" marking you should be able to pull it straight out and the lift the trigger pack sttraight out of the trigger housing.

Well...basically I'd never fiddled with a brand new MP5...only the over-used kind-of-beat-up prop MP5s made by Pakistani's POF - so don't take my words for it Wink ...but even if the black finish's baked - I believe it can be done better (I was told by the guy that before the baked paint the upper have to be blued as well so after the paint's come off it'll still look good Question )

All the parts can be taken apart just like the real steel (be it the bolt carrier & the trigger pack)...but I don't really dare to do it as it is beyond my skill (also might hurt my fingers when taking out this trigger group)...
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 7:06 am

claymore wrote:
It does eject those rounds well i wonder how difficult it would be to get useing cp rounds

I reckon only real rounds can cycle the actions with such heavy bolt & stiff springs...but then I don't know if the VFC upper can withstand such pressure... Question
Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 8:17 am

You have a point regarding the finish Smile It still looks awesome!

If you ever get the urge to take it apart I'd love to see pics! I understand your hesitation, I'd be that too if I'd bought such an exclusive replica!

Thanks for sharing it with us!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MP5 with a Difference...   MP5 with a Difference... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MP5 with a Difference...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Modelgun General Discussion-
Jump to: