MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KJW G23 Guarder Custom

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

KJW G23 Guarder Custom Empty
PostSubject: KJW G23 Guarder Custom   KJW G23 Guarder Custom Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 8:16 am

KJW G23 Guarder Custom GuarderCustomG23

One of the reasons for not getting it is the Glock marking on the slide...supposed when the frame's copying the European version then the slide shall bear the same proofmarks as well Mad ...
Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

Number of posts : 178
Location / Country : Taiwan
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: KJW G23 Guarder Custom   KJW G23 Guarder Custom Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 2:45 pm

Its very expensive as well! £300 for a BB gun! But is made of steel. I puchased a KW G23 the other day got £50 new in Taiwan. They work better with the plastic outer barrel, as there is less friction, so I've been told.

You might like the Stark Arms G17, same as Guarder but without the price tag?
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: KJW G23 Guarder Custom   KJW G23 Guarder Custom Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 5:05 am

denisonsmock wrote:
Its very expensive as well! £300 for a BB gun! But is made of steel. I puchased a KW G23 the other day got £50 new in Taiwan. They work better with the plastic outer barrel, as there is less friction, so I've been told.

You might like the Stark Arms G17, same as Guarder but without the price tag?

I have 2 "Stark Arms" G18C with authentic Glock markings (i.e. not "Stark Arms" anymore Wink )...have to say the metal slide doesn't feel like metal but this seems performing better than WE's "3HK" Glock (3HK = WE Guns with Authentic Markings sold in Hong Kong)...

Yes - I don't like to pay top dollars for careless mistakes (referring to this Guarder G23)...but I think Guarder makes US version Glock frames as well so why don't they switch to it instead to make the whole thing looks right...
Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

PostSubject: Re: KJW G23 Guarder Custom   KJW G23 Guarder Custom Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:05 pm

Stark Arms isn't Stark Arms anymore? Have you had the problem with the outer barrel with the WE G series breaking, or have they rectified the problem?
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: KJW G23 Guarder Custom   KJW G23 Guarder Custom Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 4:30 am

denisonsmock wrote:
Stark Arms isn't Stark Arms anymore? Have you had the problem with the outer barrel with the WE G series breaking, or have they rectified the problem?

The same make / same quality only with or without the Glock markings (basically No Brand for the ones with Glock markings in order to avoid prosecution)...the practice for this (no joking for real): I bought the HKD$700 cardboard box only it happens to have a gun inside the box as a gift Wink ...

Basically my WE pistols including the Glocks are fine apart from the occasional full-auto Luger (i.e. sear problem)...
Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

PostSubject: Re: KJW G23 Guarder Custom   KJW G23 Guarder Custom Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 9:51 am

My Stark arms glock has full trades on it. Outside of Taiwan, its not eveident. The only problem is that the mag catch broke the first time I used it and I had to fit a Guarder one. Typical VFC - crap engerneering. Bloody wall mounts! Thats what they are? Trying to make a toy gun work like a real one, and it doesnt work!

VFC do NOT work out of the box. Normally its the mags that dont work. Once you buy one of their GBBs, you have to spend more of upgrading it from their hidden subsidiary companies. Their worst model to date is the MP5, F£^&& hopeless piece of of shite.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: KJW G23 Guarder Custom   KJW G23 Guarder Custom Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:46 am

Stark Arms G17 will come with the silver triangular cardboard box to make it more distinguishable...on the other end the unbranded Full Marking Glock 17 will come with plain brown cardboard box...

And OH Damn there're 4 VFC MP5 in my collection (3 GBBs & 1 dummy) Shocked ...
Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

PostSubject: Re: KJW G23 Guarder Custom   KJW G23 Guarder Custom Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 6:06 am

Stark arms G17 all come in the plain manila box here. No fancy boxes with a brand name on it, and are colour coded: tan or black. Are you going to purchase the new VFC 416c? I'm just going to stick with WE myself. They do work out of the box, and upgrades are numerous. I wish they'd sort the paint out as it rubs off after a while.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: KJW G23 Guarder Custom   KJW G23 Guarder Custom Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:44 am

KJW G23 Guarder Custom Images_DSCF3913

This is what supposed the Stark Arms Glock looks like...and really not too interested in 416C whether it's from VFC / WE or anybody else...I just want the MP5K Twisted Evil ...

I'll show some WE pistols later on (that M&P "Toucan" is quite impressive - shame it's without markings as well)...and this they act faster than Marui...
Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

PostSubject: Re: KJW G23 Guarder Custom   KJW G23 Guarder Custom Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:02 am

MP5K!! Hang it on the wall! Thats all its good for. I also got the plastic outer barrel, but I dont have white trades. I would like to see WE release an MP5, it would be great fun, similar to their AK.

Their UMP might be choice? Or it will go the same way as the MP5, in the bin! haha. What do you think on the WE G series, good stuff is it?
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: KJW G23 Guarder Custom   KJW G23 Guarder Custom Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:34 am

Well at the moment since VFC / Umarex plays the monopoly on H&K guns therefore I don't get to choose isn't it Neutral ...but like you says Deni I saw the pic of a steel MP5 upper lying on WE's desk so let's pray for it Wink ...don't really like the look of UMP but not bad to have it in my armoury Very Happy ...

Only have the full marking Glock 18C Gen 4 from WE...wish they can mark "Gen 4" on the slide as well - and with such price tag what more could I want...and good to see such a lively WE Very Happy ...
Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

PostSubject: Re: KJW G23 Guarder Custom   KJW G23 Guarder Custom Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:54 am

I'm surprised that WE have not released the MP5. It all seems to be pistols at the moment, apart from the SVD, and now the AEGs. Probably takes longer to develop a GBB rifle than a pistol?
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: KJW G23 Guarder Custom   KJW G23 Guarder Custom Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:38 am

denisonsmock wrote:
I'm surprised that WE have not released the MP5. It all seems to be pistols at the moment, apart from the SVD, and now the AEGs. Probably takes longer to develop a GBB rifle than a pistol?

Copyright Issue I was told...Umarex holds the copyright of MP5's External Feature as well...

Anyway back to Guarder Custom Gun...also got this full metal Mini Uzi (i.e. 2-piece aluminium receiver fitted):

KJW G23 Guarder Custom 031220126145
KJW G23 Guarder Custom 041220126146

Told by the guy from Tokyo Model that the aluminium receiver is actually more fragile than the ABS receiver (many players replaced the plastic receiver with this optional Al receiver before and cracked)...due to this Guarder made a buffer in front of the bolt to reduce the slamming force...

KJW G23 Guarder Custom 041220126147

My only heartache on this at the moment Sad :

KJW G23 Guarder Custom 041220126148
Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

PostSubject: Re: KJW G23 Guarder Custom   KJW G23 Guarder Custom Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 2:55 pm

I didnt know that Umarex held the copyright on the externals as welll!!! We'll never see it then? Nice mini uzi. Ra-tech are bound to release a steel version of it at some point.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: KJW G23 Guarder Custom   KJW G23 Guarder Custom Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 5:36 pm

denisonsmock wrote:
I didnt know that Umarex held the copyright on the externals as welll!!! We'll never see it then? Nice mini uzi. Ra-tech are bound to release a steel version of it at some point.

It was written somewhere on Umarex's MP5 instruction manual as well...might be true as GSG have to somehow change the look of their .22 MP5 semi-auto - but then the contradiction: how about the Chinese Norinco NR-08 Question

Might be that the Umarex MP5 isn't as popular as expected therefore they give up the exclusive rights (just like Western Arms gave up theirs on Beretta / Colt / S&W etc: better to save some money nowadays instead of playing these stupid game)...ONLY apart from the FN trademark (otherwise WE already released P90 / FAL / F2000 etc)...so let's see how it goes...
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: KJW G23 Guarder Custom   KJW G23 Guarder Custom Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 5:38 pm

This Guarder Uzi's already good enough (doubled the price of the original KWC)...having it in steel might become too heavy for such SMG...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KJW G23 Guarder Custom   KJW G23 Guarder Custom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KJW G23 Guarder Custom
Page 1 of 1