MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello to forum members

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnnyRingo

JohnnyRingo

Number of posts : 9
Location / Country : Aberdeenshire Scotland UK
Registration date : 2013-03-05

Hello to forum members Empty
PostSubject: Hello to forum members   Hello to forum members Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:23 pm

Hello all,

Not sure if you guys do this, but thought I should introduce myself.

I am a wild west re-enactor (Northern Rough Riders) from Aberdeenshire and was just introduced to this forum by John from PFCGUK. I have been looking through some of the posts and am learning a lot.

My name is John but my club name is Johnny Ringo hence the handle and avatar.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1238
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello to forum members   Hello to forum members Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Great to have you on the forum, by any chance are you as fast and fancy with a gun as your Avatar Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JohnnyRingo

JohnnyRingo

PostSubject: Re: Hello to forum members   Hello to forum members Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 6:31 pm

I do aspire to be.......

Hello to forum members My_rin10

This is my latest rig Very Happy
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1238
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello to forum members   Hello to forum members Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 7:02 pm

very nice rig is it specially made?
Back to top Go down
akazz
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 73
Location / Country : uk
Registration date : 2012-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello to forum members   Hello to forum members Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 9:53 pm

very nice rig mate looking for something like that for the old mans birthday to go with the peacemaker i got him last year (he does the western stuff aswell rattlesnake creek club i think)
Back to top Go down
JohnnyRingo

JohnnyRingo

PostSubject: Re: Hello to forum members   Hello to forum members Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:03 pm

It is made to a pattern but I asked for the belt and holster to be lined (stiffens it up). So this is taken from the movie Tombstone and is called the "Johnny Ringo" and was made by a chap called John Beattie at Pistol Leather http://www.pistolleather.co.uk/ He's right at the top, then go to the "Holsters Rigs Belts" tab at the top of his page. http://www.pistolleather.co.uk/Holsters%20Rigs%20Belts.htm

Ref# W51-54

John can make any of the rigs displayed on his site and will customize/tailor to the individual customers specification. Takes about a fortnight from ordering to taking delivery. Very reasonable and competitive pricing considering postage and customs/delay if it were coming from the US.

Last edited by JohnnyRingo on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akazz
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Hello to forum members   Hello to forum members Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:37 pm

spot on ill have a look mate cheers
Back to top Go down
akazz
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Hello to forum members   Hello to forum members Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:43 pm

just had a quick look prices are really good all i need to do now is figure out what style etc he'd like and ill drop him an email
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello to forum members   Hello to forum members Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Welcome to the forum :-)
Always good to see new enthusiastic members, especially with knowledge on the Wild West times!
Back to top Go down
JohnnyRingo

JohnnyRingo

PostSubject: Re: Hello to forum members   Hello to forum members Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:22 pm

This was an earlier order to give you an idea of styles (I had the hammer thongs added, not strictly authentic old west)
A lined Ranger style belt 3.5mm with 1.5-2mm lining with 30 shell loops and nickel clipped corner buckle.
A straight draw California half skirt right hand and a straight draw California half skirt left hand both to fit a 5.5" saa both to have front strap
Also a California half skirt cross draw for a 51 Navy right hand also to have front strap, holsters and belt to match in the same style and in russet with a little ageing all holsters lined.

Hello to forum members Dsc04510
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello to forum members   Hello to forum members Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello to forum members
Page 1 of 1