MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTB Hudson Thompson

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thewiseone91

Number of posts : 11
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2013-06-19

WTB Hudson Thompson  Empty
PostSubject: WTB Hudson Thompson    WTB Hudson Thompson  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:29 am

I would like to get one of these, it'll have to be in the states. I'm a reenactor and I will use this for parades and public displays. After reading a bunch of stuff it seems like this is the most realistic version out there. Any advice or a better manufacture please let me know. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Thompson    WTB Hudson Thompson  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi
Are you intending to fire the model much? or just a display piece. The Hudson is a better WWII replica, but the MGC fires better (as standard)
Back to top Go down
thewiseone91

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Thompson    WTB Hudson Thompson  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:10 pm

JohnnyV wrote:
Hi
Are you intending to fire the model much? or just a display piece. The Hudson is a better WWII replica, but the MGC fires better (as standard)

Nope I actually never intend on firing it. So if someone has a broken one (Internals) and everything works as it should, I'd love to take it off someone's hands.
Back to top Go down
thewiseone91

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Thompson    WTB Hudson Thompson  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 7:22 am

No one has any leads or has one of these things lying around?
Back to top Go down
thewiseone91

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Thompson    WTB Hudson Thompson  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 6:55 am

Still looking for one, anyone know where to get one in the US?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Thompson    WTB Hudson Thompson  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 5:09 pm

model guns like that are generally extremely pricey and rare, but if you don't intend on firing it, why not get an airsoft replica? those can run even as low as 90 dollars from U.S. airsoft retailers, and better detailed models around 200...which is still much less than what you would have to pay for a model gun. you can also look on ebay for even better deals
Back to top Go down
thewiseone91

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Thompson    WTB Hudson Thompson  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 5:13 pm

frenchyinFL wrote:
model guns like that are generally extremely pricey and rare, but if you don't intend on firing it, why not get an airsoft replica? those can run even as low as 90 dollars from U.S. airsoft retailers, and better detailed models around 200...which is still much less than what you would have to pay for a model gun. you can also look on ebay for even better deals

I decided to go with a model gun because of the realism. It would be used for parades and displays (I'm a reenactor) and there are very obvious differences between a airsoft replica and a model that has a workable action. Especially up close, and other people would be able to handle it and pick it up from time to time. I feel like airsoft would detract from the realism and a model gun would add to it. I'm still looking for one though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Thompson    WTB Hudson Thompson  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 3:29 pm

Well, again, it depends on the quality and price range of the airsoft. I believe the more expensive metal ones have more realistic internals...
Back to top Go down
thewiseone91

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Thompson    WTB Hudson Thompson  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 3:35 pm

frenchyinFL wrote:
Well, again, it depends on the quality and price range of the airsoft. I believe the more expensive metal ones have more realistic internals...
can you suggest any good brands with realistic internals? Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Thompson    WTB Hudson Thompson  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 5:03 pm

I searched "thompson" on this very popular airsoft website

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AdvanceSearchResult?search=true&productcode=thompson&mode=simple&keyword_search=thompson&productname=thompson&brandId=

I heard there's a prototype GBB (gas) version that is in the works, not sure when it's gonna come out but a gas version will surely have better internals than an electric (AEG)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/207884-king-arms-gbb-thompson-smg/
Back to top Go down
thewiseone91

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Thompson    WTB Hudson Thompson  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 5:55 pm

frenchyinFL wrote:
I searched "thompson" on this very popular airsoft website

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AdvanceSearchResult?search=true&productcode=thompson&mode=simple&keyword_search=thompson&productname=thompson&brandId=

I heard there's a prototype GBB (gas) version that is in the works, not sure when it's gonna come out but a gas version will surely have better internals than an electric (AEG)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/207884-king-arms-gbb-thompson-smg/

The GBB is something I definitely would get, it fits exactly what I'm looking for thanks for tip. I'll probably still get a Hudson, so if anyone has one let me know.
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Thompson    WTB Hudson Thompson  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 11:58 pm

John at PFCGUK has some according to his website. He's overseas, but I'm sure he could get it to you. He's very reliable and a good guy to do business with, too. I'd recommend PM'ing him or emailing him from his website.
Back to top Go down
thewiseone91

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Thompson    WTB Hudson Thompson  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 10:42 pm

I have purchased the Hudson. Thanks everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB Hudson Thompson    WTB Hudson Thompson  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB Hudson Thompson
Page 1 of 1