MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Umarex Ruger SuperHawke 6" (aka Wingun supersport with DW faux wood grips)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cosmitron
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
cosmitron

Number of posts : 175
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2013-08-30

Umarex Ruger SuperHawke 6" (aka Wingun supersport with DW faux wood grips) Empty
PostSubject: Umarex Ruger SuperHawke 6" (aka Wingun supersport with DW faux wood grips)   Umarex Ruger SuperHawke 6" (aka Wingun supersport with DW faux wood grips) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 11:24 pm

Before I realized there were beautiful and faithful replicas out there I really wanted to get something as close as possible to what a 357 magnum would feel. All I could find in the gun shop nearby was this Umarex Ruger Super Hawke 6".
Umarex Ruger SuperHawke 6" (aka Wingun supersport with DW faux wood grips) Tumblr_msgvkenad51rpidqno1_1280
Umarex Ruger SuperHawke 6" (aka Wingun supersport with DW faux wood grips) Tumblr_msgvi3inJ31rpidqno6_1280
Umarex Ruger SuperHawke 6" (aka Wingun supersport with DW faux wood grips) Tumblr_msgvkenad51rpidqno3_1280
Umarex Ruger SuperHawke 6" (aka Wingun supersport with DW faux wood grips) Tumblr_msgvkenad51rpidqno5_1280
Umarex Ruger SuperHawke 6" (aka Wingun supersport with DW faux wood grips) Tumblr_msgvkenad51rpidqno4_1280
Umarex Ruger SuperHawke 6" (aka Wingun supersport with DW faux wood grips) Tumblr_msgvkenad51rpidqno6_1280
Umarex Ruger SuperHawke 6" (aka Wingun supersport with DW faux wood grips) Tumblr_msgvkenad51rpidqno7_1280
Umarex Ruger SuperHawke 6" (aka Wingun supersport with DW faux wood grips) Tumblr_msgvkenad51rpidqno2_1280
Umarex Ruger SuperHawke 6" (aka Wingun supersport with DW faux wood grips) Tumblr_msgvi3inJ31rpidqno5_1280
Umarex Ruger SuperHawke 6" (aka Wingun supersport with DW faux wood grips) Tumblr_msgvi3inJ31rpidqno4_1280
Umarex Ruger SuperHawke 6" (aka Wingun supersport with DW faux wood grips) Tumblr_msgvi3inJ31rpidqno3_1280

Pros:
It's all metal except for the plastic grips, weights a bit more than 1 kilo. Gives a feel of the real deal! It's rock solid and clicks where it should click. No loose parts.
The nickel plated finish is top notch and the markings aren't too invasive.
I can't judge on the shoot side cause I don't shoot.
Cons: Although there are hints and details of real steel guns, the Umarex is no actual Ruger replica or whatsoever. It's a pure creation from a Taiwan manufacturer previously branded as "WinGun Super Sport". Some WinGun Supersport are also rebranded as "ASG Dan Wesson replicas".
There's no wood grips available.

This CO2 gun is my very first serious piece in my weird collection. Although it does not replicates any real steel gun I really enjoy the piece and hope there will be S&W and Colt revolver replicas with the same level of finish available in the near future.

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Umarex Ruger SuperHawke 6" (aka Wingun supersport with DW faux wood grips)
Page 1 of 1