MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

nice compilation some nice flash aswell

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
akazz
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 73
Location / Country : uk
Registration date : 2012-08-09

nice compilation some nice flash aswell Empty
PostSubject: nice compilation some nice flash aswell   nice compilation some nice flash aswell Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: nice compilation some nice flash aswell   nice compilation some nice flash aswell Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 4:37 pm

Mmmmm, dat Sterling!

Thanks for sharing, always nice to watch a modelgun video!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11077
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: nice compilation some nice flash aswell   nice compilation some nice flash aswell Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Thanks akazz  Very Happy 

The Sterling has been modified to use MGC Beretta M12 cp cartridges. Both bolt face and chamber require modifying to accept the slightly wider cartridge. The main reason for the change from P220 carts being that MrModelgun had a large quantity available and that the cartridge top is slightly thicker and not as prone to being crushed as the 220.

For further details of modifications see: https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t4121-mgc-sterling-modifing-to-use-mgc-beretta-m12s-cartridges

I believe he used T.Koba's new Easy CP plastic piston/seal instead of a dead cap to provide the gas seal.

nice compilation some nice flash aswell EasyCPGM7Cart_zpsec25ab34

Several of the Japanese owners are achieving nice muzzle flash but they're keeping tight lipped with details of the flash powder used.
It is possible that variations of hollow detonator pins are being used, as produced by F&T Gun Effects of Japan.

nice compilation some nice flash aswell HollowDetPins1_zpsad29f1bc

nice compilation some nice flash aswell HollowDetPins2_zpsbe8224aa

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.

Last edited by Cerwyn on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
akazz
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 73
Location / Country : uk
Registration date : 2012-08-09

PostSubject: Re: nice compilation some nice flash aswell   nice compilation some nice flash aswell Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:22 pm

That sterling is awesome !  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: nice compilation some nice flash aswell   nice compilation some nice flash aswell Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 11:29 am

it certainly is   Very Happy 
Have a look at another, earlier video posted by MrModelgun too:

Cerwyn wrote:
Another impressive video from youtube... Japanese enthusiast MrModelgun has produced several superb videos

I suspect that Firing sound and Muzzle Flash have been digitally enhanced on this video, but if not, I'd like to learn how he's created such realistic effects

nice compilation some nice flash aswell Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0coUMMi41BA&feature=sub
Having had some interesting discussions with MrModelgun, I'm assured that the muzzle flash achieved in this video is indeed genuine, not digitally enhanced.
A "secret" mix of magnesium powder and some other compond is used. Cartridges are MGC P220.
I can only suppose that a powder used in flares carried in all Japanese cars is used with Magnesium. This flare was first discussed by forum member wataru some time ago. Quite how the powder is mixed and loaded into the cartridge is unclear at the moment.
I have just aquired a small quantity of drilled cartridge pistons, which are the same thickness as MGC types. Drilled in the same fashion as Hudson pistons, these allow more gas and smoke to vent out. I've seen good results today using Magnesium powder and MG caps loaded into P220 and fired in my WaShan M9 Dolphin.
Now I know that works, I'll try my Stirling next.

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: nice compilation some nice flash aswell   nice compilation some nice flash aswell Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 4:22 pm

Modification links and hollow det.pin phoptos added above 

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1243
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: nice compilation some nice flash aswell   nice compilation some nice flash aswell Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 5:48 pm

I did not know about those open det pins, now it makes sense that they can get so much flash. Using those easy cp seals on the older rounds sounds good to me i will have to get some and try them on my m12
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: nice compilation some nice flash aswell   nice compilation some nice flash aswell Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 12:01 pm

Claymore, the Easy-CP seals don't look much different to used caps really. Would they offer any advantage over used caps when used in old CP carts?

I fancy trying some with the new Detonator Pin designed specifically for them in CP-HW carts and do away with the piston and 0-ring

F&T Gun Effects and BWC (I think) supply the hollow Det.Pins. They also supply Double Cap cartridges for some models 

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1243
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: nice compilation some nice flash aswell   nice compilation some nice flash aswell Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 1:01 pm

Well, i am thinking that the tanio easy Cp seals will be stronger and more durable than a spent cap, when the spent cap works its fine but they split a lot on first shot. tanio ones may seal better as well which is always a good thing.
These easy CP rounds are just for 45 though i believe which is a pity as i would like to try them in 9mm as most of the older rounds i have that take a spent cap are 9mm
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: nice compilation some nice flash aswell   nice compilation some nice flash aswell Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 1:35 pm

Hi Claymore

Based on what I've read so far, even if it is Google translated from Japanese to English, the Easy CP seals should last 4-5 shots before getting damaged
The Tanio Koba 9mm cartridge with Hexagon piston would probably use the Easy CP system. A Det.Pin may need making at home though as I haven't seen a list of models they make the Pins for yet
TK's 9mm is very much like the MGC P220 and will work in Marushin's M92 Dolphin

Back to top Go down
stumpy_ned
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 87
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2012-04-21

PostSubject: Re: nice compilation some nice flash aswell   nice compilation some nice flash aswell Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 9:39 pm

Guessing these are modelguns.

Tanio M4?

http://mantisarmourer.com/

Website says simunitions, but that can't be the paint chalk stuff so must be their way of marketing modelguns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nice compilation some nice flash aswell   nice compilation some nice flash aswell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

nice compilation some nice flash aswell
Page 1 of 1