MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76

Go down 
+3
JohnnyV
smootik
SpaceCrawler
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SpaceCrawler

Number of posts : 7
Location / Country : CA, USA
Registration date : 2014-02-11

WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Empty
PostSubject: WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76   WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 6:55 pm

Hello, I'm looking for an MGC Smith and Wesson M76 (or any brand) (would prefer the MGC metal 'blow back' version but will consider any, as I only need it as a prop model). Please send me a message or contact me by email at superthingmaker at gmail dot com

Thanks!

Sean
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76   WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 8:16 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum!

AFAIK only MGC made S&W M76 model, and only in only ABS plastic. This happened in 1980s, after metal long firearm models were banned in Japan. First release was open cartridge, second CP system. Other manufacturers did not pick up this model.

Due to age and fairly weak plastic they are quite fragile too, keep that in mind depending on how the prop would be used.
Back to top Go down
SpaceCrawler

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76   WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 8:57 pm

smootik wrote:
Hello and welcome to the forum!

AFAIK only MGC made S&W M76 model, and only in only ABS plastic. This happened in 1980s, after metal long firearm models were banned in Japan. First release was open cartridge, second CP system. Other manufacturers did not pick up this model.

Due to age and fairly weak plastic they are quite fragile too, keep that in mind depending on how the prop would be used.

There is an all metal MGC version (my brother owns one, the blow back blank firing one. He bought it in Japan in the 1980s).

Well, if anyone has any leads let me know, thanks!

Sean
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76   WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 9:16 pm

Wow, that would be quite a rare model your brother has!

Maybe even a prototype, as MGC M76 was designed around the time when metal models had to be replaced with plastic ones, and only plastic version went into mass production unless I'm mistaken. I could not confirm manufacturing any run of the metal version before the ban in Japanese sources.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76   WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 8:05 am

Sean
PLEASE get some photos of your brothers MGC metal model !
easy to get photos now even over long distance !!!
Please post some here!! rare gun !
Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 359
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76   WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:36 am

I bought the first MGC S&W M76 to get to the UK from the previously discussed 'Soldiers Three'. It was the only ABS model gun that I ever bought and only because it was relatively cheap.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76   WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 4:33 pm

Hi SpaceCrawler Very Happy ...I'm afraid that you had mistaken M76 with Hudson's Madsen M50 (and this was metal Wink )

Madsen:
WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Madsen_1950_2 

M76:
WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Sw76-2

...or maybe not...I don't know  Wink ...
Back to top Go down
SpaceCrawler

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76   WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 5:29 pm

jim wrote:
Hi SpaceCrawler Very Happy ...I'm afraid that you had mistaken M76 with Hudson's Madsen M50 (and this was metal Wink )

Madsen:
WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Madsen_1950_2 

M76:
WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Sw76-2

...or maybe not...I don't know  Wink ...

No, I'm not mistaken, it is metal and it's an m76 not a Masden. I just held the gun a few days ago. I am commissioning a guy to build me a plastic replica (if I can't find an MGC version) so I planned to take some photos. Try to post here when I do.

Sean
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76   WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 10:01 am

Hello Sean,

MGC M76 modelguns do come up for sale in HWABS from time to time on Japan's Yahoo Auction site.

http://category.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/list/ 

The metal MGC M76 is clearly a VERY rare model, some detailed photos and description would be very welcome and gratefully received on here if you can please?

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76   WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 6:04 pm

I wonder if there was maybe already a chance to make photos?
Back to top Go down
SpaceCrawler

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76   WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 6:06 pm

smootik wrote:

Not yet, I haven't been over to my brother's house since when I posted last. I may see him in a couple of weeks and will be sure to take photos.

Sean
Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 359
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76   WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 9:17 pm

SpaceCrawler wrote:
smootik wrote:

Not yet, I haven't been over to my brother's house since when I posted last. I may see him in a couple of weeks and will be sure to take photos.

Sean

Any pics yet or have you realised that you might have been mistaken? Smile 
Back to top Go down
SpaceCrawler

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76   WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 11:11 pm

lampwick wrote:
SpaceCrawler wrote:
smootik wrote:

Sean

Any pics yet or have you realised that you might have been mistaken? Smile 

No pics. I asked my brother and he confirmed that it does have metal body parts but also some plastic, I guess. Earlier people said it was all plastic. It is neither all plastic or all metal, but a mix, but major parts of the body are metal. It seemed to be metal when I saw it a few weeks ago, but I guess does have some plastic parts. My brother is out of town but he has said he'll likely give his to me so I may get it at some point soon.

Again, this is the blow back version, the one that shoots blanks. Not the pellet air version.

Sean

Last edited by SpaceCrawler on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Number of posts : 275
Location / Country : Leeds
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76   WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 11:51 am

Rolling Eyes

Carl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76   WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB: MGC Smith and Wesson M76
Page 1 of 1