MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do I have here and what is it worth? :)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 170
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2008-09-10

What do I have here and what is it worth? :) Empty
PostSubject: What do I have here and what is it worth? :)   What do I have here and what is it worth? :) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi everyone!

Got my hands on 2 blank firing revolvers, found in the attic of a friend. They definately are at least 20 years old.
I'm an airsoft and modelgun collector, but I have no knowledge about blank firers whatsoever...
Thus I just ask you guys: Can you tell me more about these revolvers? Can you tell me something about the value of these blank firers in their current condition?

The first one is a "ME Magnum" revolver, which obviously has not been cleaned ever, but it seems to be in ok condition. Double and single action work well, cylinder spins as it should and swings out fine. Haven't fired it with blanks.
What do I have here and what is it worth? :) ME%20Magnum%20Schreckschuss%2001
What do I have here and what is it worth? :) Me%20Magnum%20Schreckschuss%2002

I have no idea what the second one is...
It's in a pretty bad condition, there's quite a bit of rust. The cylinder does not spin, no matter if I cock the hammer by hand or by double action. I have no idea how to swing out the cylinder - it doesn't work using the lever in front of the cylinder.
What do I have here and what is it worth? :) Schreckschussrevolver%20Unbekannt%2001
What do I have here and what is it worth? :) Schreckschussrevolver%20Unbekannt%2002

So, can anyone help me out with info on these guns? Smile
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 240
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA

PostSubject: Re: What do I have here and what is it worth? :)   What do I have here and what is it worth? :) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 8:21 pm

First one looks like the standard Bruni or Kimar .38 revolvers that were the staple of most stage shows in the US for a couple decades. They wore out pretty quickly in my experience, and weren't great quality.

Second is a bit more uncertain. It's a break-action. I think NHE was a part of the US Revolver Co, which I found out the following from another forum talking about one someone had found:

US Revolver Co was an off shoot of Iver Johnson.
I believe this was started in about 1910 and continued until 1935.
These guns were very similar to the Iver Johnson models produced during the same time frame, however, some shortcuts in fit & finish including leaving out the "Hammer the Hammer" safety linkage were employed to reduce cost. probably to compete with inexpensive import guns.
I have one in .38 S&W that has been repaired using Iver Johnson parts.
Value is somewhat low as few people currently collect them.
Search the internet for "Bill Goforth"
He was THE Iver Johnson expert until his passing in January of this year.
$75.00 to $100.00 in good condition.
Hope this helps.
JDD

Iver Johnson also made some blank revolvers. Here's this too - looks like yours is the same as the second down on the right:
http://exclusivefirearms.com/pages.php?pageid=22

Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
hkfan

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2014-02-20

PostSubject: Re: What do I have here and what is it worth? :)   What do I have here and what is it worth? :) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 9:43 pm

Yepp, the first one is an italian pot-metal Python, made by (most probably) Bruni and imported to Germany by ME in the eighties. Mine latest about a year before the single action trigger went... soft metal.

The second one is not an american gun, but a German one: a NHM (Nanno Hübenbecker, Mölln), most probably in 9mm. It is a top break gun and made of steel mostly, making it one of the better quality ones actually. The gun has black powder proof marks on the top left side of the frame, but no PTB inspektion number, dating it to the early to mid sixties. There was a version with an almost open barrel (which gave them a certain notoriety for DIY jobs...) and top venting models with a slightly offset bore/cylinder.
Incidentally, one of these guns was auctioned a few days ago in Germany:
https://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=5008433&PHPSESSID=138c
Might give you an impression on the price, although it was a mint/like new in box one.

I suggest you soak it in WD40 or a rust solvent and try to 'break it open'. In case you want to restore it, there's a bunch of spare parts on auction here in Germany right now that might do the trick:
https://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=5004110&PHPSESSID=138c

HTH,
Mike
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 170

PostSubject: Re: What do I have here and what is it worth? :)   What do I have here and what is it worth? :) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Thanks a ton for all the info guys!

Even though NHM was a german manufacturer, it looks like you still were on the right track Fight Designer. Your link mentions NHM, Korth seems to have copied their blank fire revolvers... or vice versa, not entirely sure Smile

Thank you for the info and the egun links Mike, certainly a pretty big coincidence  Shocked A complete gun and a spare part auction, just about at the same time when I ask for this gun Very Happy
Will drop you a pm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do I have here and what is it worth? :)   What do I have here and what is it worth? :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do I have here and what is it worth? :)
Page 1 of 1