MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin M9 Centrefire problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vyking

Number of posts : 73
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Marushin M9 Centrefire problem Empty
PostSubject: Marushin M9 Centrefire problem   Marushin M9 Centrefire problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 6:43 pm

Hi all,

So my Marushin started having this problem- it needs more than one hammer strike on the cartridge to fire. This can't be a caps or a cartridge problem as I have used boxes of fresh caps and various different greases and oils in the carts all to the same effect. I have cleaned the chamber and soaked the firing pin in vinegar & baking soda. It takes between 2-6 pulls to finally ignite the cap and it cycles perfectly.

Ideas?
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1238
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 Centrefire problem   Marushin M9 Centrefire problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 8:08 pm

Always difficult to figure out but lets start off with basic stuff and work from there. det pin is it located right in the barrel, is it deformed at the end. How about the firing pin not the det pin in the barrel but the actual pin the hammer hits that then hits the round, these are plastic and do deform, they can be removed and burrs removed or a better still a metal one made made.
lets go with that first and move on if need be.
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 Centrefire problem   Marushin M9 Centrefire problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 8:12 pm

Sounds like you've done some good work checking the obvious and easiest things first.

Since you've cleaned the chamber in the barrel, does t he cartridge slide freely in and out? When firing, does the slide come 100% fully forward?  If it does, I guess my next thought would be check the firing pin itself.  Copy what Claymore said. I haven't come across the problem yet myself, but I've heard the plastic firing pins can mushroom, which may cause the issue you are experiencing.  If that all checks ok, I would wonder if the hammer may be sluggish due to lack of lubrication, wear or a weak spring?

Good luck Vyking!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 Centrefire problem   Marushin M9 Centrefire problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin M9 Centrefire problem
Page 1 of 1