MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chair leg or plastic replica

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Chair leg or plastic replica Empty
PostSubject: Chair leg or plastic replica   Chair leg or plastic replica Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:32 am

*** Originally posted by dartec ***

Hi,

Saw a news prog on TV and a policeman saying about cheap bb guns sold at markets etc. He was saying do not buy these to be safe, because a police officer wouldn't know if real or not so could end up shooting the kid.

While he has very a point, but a couple of things:

a) surely these people are highly trained to recongise guns and I would think the training to their degree would say how a person held a gun would be a give away. Picking up a heavy object as opposed a plastic lightway would give tell tale signs. I may be speaking out of it here but these people are trained to a extreamely high level, if not should be. Because the police are the only ones (except the forces when required) who can walk round our streets legaly allowed to carried loaded and armed real weapons and can shot anybody they feel was suspect!

My Mad Max model gun has two large metal bars across the barrel clearly visable to a blind person ... never mind to a highly trained eye?

Does anybody have any statistics on how many kids have been killed by holding/showing/playing with a plastic replica?

Again may info is general but I do believe the statistics for carrying a chair leg and being shot dead is one to date, which if higher the the baove means do not carry chair legs in public and all sales of such to the public be banned. Its for their own protection, yes .. no.

cheers
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Chair leg or plastic replica   Chair leg or plastic replica Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

I agree that a chair leg in a plastic bag could be a shotgun and i am glad the police officers charged with murder for shooting the guy with that hidden chair leg have been let off.

I do have to disagree with you on the training to identify a replica rather than a real gun. first the training in firearms for a normal PC is small an idea of what firearms are thats it your ordinary bobby could not tell you what was real or not.
I have been around firearms for a good part of my life and unless i was up close and personal with someone i could not tell a real gun from an airsoft or modelgun. If i was close possibly but then i would be under a lot of pressure so would i want to assume that i was making the right decision.

I cannot argue with people who say the guns look real, they do, my argument is with the way they deal with the problem which is dealing with the gun rather than the person willing to use it. Take away one thing from them they simply go and get something else, so the problem is not getting dealt with.

Remember that the police officers you see spouting nonense at times have to tow the party line most of them do not agree with the changes but if they are told to say this then unfortunatly they have to.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Chair leg or plastic replica   Chair leg or plastic replica Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am

Yes I agree with what they say in general, that is do not take them out of the house. All my guns have never been out of the house except when I first got a Airssoft gun I fired it in the garage to see the distance shooting thing.

Then allof then are in the house and only fire in the loft. However, only one airsoft now and one c02, everything is model gun just like the action of them.

I would agree to licensing replicas like real guns as long as I could still collect.

Yep they do not address the real cause. There is no real punishment and with that 'fear'. No 'fear' no law thats hwo it looks. It appears people try to 'cure' or understand the criminal and give them all the attention but nothing about the victim.

If you 'cure' a killer then let them go ro whatever, what about bringing back their victim?

In my book evil is evil and not curable and punishment should be just that with a fear of it not, get three meals, education and all the care and comforts most of us have to work hard for, perhaps.

It's frustrating goverments always appear to take the easy option or easy targets ... the inocent law addiding folk.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Chair leg or plastic replica   Chair leg or plastic replica Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:34 am

*** Originally posted by rizzo ***

Dartec wrote:
Hi,

My Mad Max model gun has two large metal bars across the barrel clearly visable to a blind person ... never mind to a highly trained eye?

cheers

To be honest, I doubt an armed police officer would let something that has the potential to be a sawn off shotgun that close to his face so he could see the metal bars...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Chair leg or plastic replica   Chair leg or plastic replica Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:34 am

Me niether!

Trouble is someone could come in to my house and shoot my family and/or me I couldn't do anything about it.

Some how a broom or kitchen knife against a firearm, bit like the scene in Indian Jones with the guy holding the sword Indi just shot him.

But the police are protected they are armed and chose to be in the armed response unit!

Plus whats the use of armed police coming to my family and I aid when were are dead!

It's just things that you think about there is no real answer well there is a proper punishment and a law with 'fear' of the punishment, perhaps.

It goes on .....
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by rizzo ***

Of coures, banning most guns was a retarded piece of legislation, about to be backed up by ANOTHER retarded piece of legislation. It's all about the votes, people. All those who voted labour stand up to be shamed
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Chair leg or plastic replica   Chair leg or plastic replica Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:35 am

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

There is a way of dealing with the problems and those ways already exist within our current laws. The police however are restricted in useing them due to the human rights of the criminal, the police complaints procedure is now so directed at putting blame on the poor old bobby that they have to think not twice but several times before they say or do anything.

Also when action is taken by the officer he or she gets frustrated that the case will get thrown out because of the most pathetic of reasons, one being cost.

The police officer is no longer allowed to do his or her job, they are not allowed to be firm (the old clip around the ear) as they will lose their job.

Until the government allows the police to come down hard on crime and backs the officer when the criminal complains about harsh treatment when he got nicked (even though he had just raped and mugged some old woman) then we are lost. The age of responsibility also needs to be reduced, 12yr olds know exactly what they are doing these days they are no longer innoccent, but when they nick a car what happens, nothing because they are to young to prosucute.

The laws are there just let the police use them without fear of prosecution and things will change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chair leg or plastic replica   Chair leg or plastic replica Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chair leg or plastic replica
Page 1 of 1