MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3 in 1 oil

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dvdripped

Number of posts : 70
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2018-02-01

3 in 1 oil  Empty
PostSubject: 3 in 1 oil    3 in 1 oil  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 6:20 pm

Hi all

Will this stuff be ok to clean the catridges on the inside and also be used to lubricate the sides of the caps and detonator pin inside carriage in the edges.

Thanks 3 in 1 oil  20180216
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 119
Location / Country : Cambs, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-12

3 in 1 oil  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 in 1 oil    3 in 1 oil  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 9:28 pm

Silicone grease might be a better option; I think this stuff might damage the rubber seals inside the cartridges over time....

Andy
Back to top Go down
dvdripped

3 in 1 oil  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 in 1 oil    3 in 1 oil  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 9:58 pm

Cheers pal

I've coated all the catridges parts in this 3 in 1, I'll try and get some silicone grease

Thanks pal
Back to top Go down
mystikchepas
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 139
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2013-05-15

3 in 1 oil  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 in 1 oil    3 in 1 oil  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 6:29 am

Which silicone grease do you recommend ?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2557
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

3 in 1 oil  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 in 1 oil    3 in 1 oil  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 7:42 am

Hi,

As Browning said, most petroleum based lubricant can cause NBR rubber to swell and degrade over time, so cleaning the pistons in it would not be something you want to do in the long-term.

Silicone grease is perfect for applying to the O-rings after cleaning. I've been using some generic stuff from eBay but anything should work

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/servisol-multi-purpose-silicone-grease-50g-tube-re90x

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Servisol-701-143-Silicone-grease-50g/dp/B000L97ZPI/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1519889324&sr=8-16&keywords=Silicone+grease%2C+50g

I've not tried these personally.

As for cleaning the main cartridges you could use 3 in 1 spray and a cotton bud/Q tip to get down the bore and wipe it all off before loading.

I use a small ultrasonic bath filled with a dilute solution of this which is less time consuming than cleaning them one at a time.

https://www.allendale-ultrasonics.co.uk/sensitive-metals-ultrasonic-cleaning-solution-1-litre.html

Here are some guides Cerwyn has put together

https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t931-cleaning-and-preparing-fired-cartridges

Hope this helps

8ace
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1245
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

3 in 1 oil  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 in 1 oil    3 in 1 oil  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 10:36 am

Silicone grease or the spray is the best to use, you only need to coat the seal in a small amount, use too much and the cap is likely to stick to the piston plug and will fail to blow back. you can use a small amount of oil and it will give you a good smoke effect, but the silicone grease or spray is the way to go.

As for cleaning if you dont have the ultra sonic cleaner then you can simple use a lot of fairy liquid (or similar) in a dish with hot water and swill the rounds around. wash off with clean water then with a q tip give the inside of the round a good clean, it is best to clean the rounds as soon as you have finished firing them as they clean up much easier that way.
Back to top Go down
dvdripped

3 in 1 oil  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 in 1 oil    3 in 1 oil  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 11:53 pm

Thanks all :-)

Went to Maplin and got the silicone grease you mentioned, I also got Maplins own make silicone grease spray

Thanks for the advice :-D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

3 in 1 oil  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 in 1 oil    3 in 1 oil  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3 in 1 oil
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Modelgun General Discussion-
Jump to: