MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Need" 1911 model gun, which one?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

"Need" 1911 model gun, which one? Empty
PostSubject: "Need" 1911 model gun, which one?   "Need" 1911 model gun, which one? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:27 pm

*** Originally posted by 2sharp ***

Looking to buy a nice 1911 model gun, which one should i choose?

I want it to have solid weight, look good and be of good quality.

I'm quite attracted to the "MGC-SNM MEU Trust Model HW"

Would this be a good purchase?

Good/bad about this model? Any other suggestions?

Any info is greatly appreciated
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: "Need" 1911 model gun, which one?   "Need" 1911 model gun, which one? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:27 pm

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

I have several versions of the MGC 45 and the only one that has not been a problem so far is the standard series 70. I have the new trust model and after 7 rounds a piece of the slide at the rear by the firing pin broke off. This does not cause any firing problems it is just cosmetic but still a fault.
I also have the kimber, which is now working great but the original chrome barrel was replaced 3 times. all broke after only a few rounds, also the extractor claw broke twice. I replaceed the barrel with a black one and as i say it is now working great.

Do not get one with a chrome barrel they will break and if you get a chrome barrel version buy a spare black barrel at the same time.

The trust and the kimber are great looking guns and feel great and now they are working fine. As i said before the one that is still going and no problems is the standard model.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: "Need" 1911 model gun, which one?   "Need" 1911 model gun, which one? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:28 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

The Marushin 1911A1's are good too but, they are a bit lite (both HW and the ABS versions) in comparison to the MGC 1911 series but, they do work really well.

However, they are available in many cofigurations depending on the year that they where made. The center fire HW versions are the best of Marushin .45's The center fire versions have what looks like a real extractor and their barrels seem to be stronger than the MGC .45's

The slide markings are the WW2 (Colt's version) nomenclature style and they look ok.

The MGC 1911's are great and they are very heavy compared to the Marushin and MGC offers just about all of the versions of the 1911's ever made..

By the way, anyone know where i can get a NORINCO marked MGC slide?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: "Need" 1911 model gun, which one?   "Need" 1911 model gun, which one? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:28 pm

*** Originally posted by 2sharp ***

Good advice, much appreciated

I'll probably stick with the MGC MEU, like the gun, like the concept

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: "Need" 1911 model gun, which one?   "Need" 1911 model gun, which one? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:30 pm

*** Originally posted by mlin ***

I recently bought used military 1911 magazine and it fits my MGC MEU well. I plan to use the real one as it is authentic and cheap to buy used one in US. The only problem is that the real 1911 magazine spring is too firm to chamber model gun rounds. The base of real magazine is welded and virtually impossible to modify the spring.

"Need" 1911 model gun, which one? 1911mag16ir
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: "Need" 1911 model gun, which one?   "Need" 1911 model gun, which one? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:30 pm

*** Originally posted by francky1958 ***

Hi milin,

It is easy to exchange the spring in the magazine, i think everybody
know about how to disassemble.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: "Need" 1911 model gun, which one?   "Need" 1911 model gun, which one? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:31 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

Disassembling a 1911 magazine is fairly easy, however, it is tricky to explain just how to do it..

1. Depress the cartridge follower with a pencil or a stick etc until it is just below the cartridge counter holes on the magazines sides.

2. Stick something like a small rod or screwdriver etc in to the cartridge counter holes (as long as it is fairly stiff.) just below the depressed follower.

3. The small rod should be placed just so it traps the magazine spring down in the magazine body.

4. Slowly withdraw the pencil etc. that is being used to depress the follower.

5. Tilt the magaine side to side (leaving the rod holding the spring in place otherwise, you couldn't get the follower out) to dislodge the follower from it's spring.

6. Remove the follower and spring by pulling them out from the top of the magazine body..

Obviously, i was tired when i wrote this as the spelling was bad. So, i edited it to look a little better..
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: "Need" 1911 model gun, which one?   "Need" 1911 model gun, which one? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:31 pm

*** Originally posted by francky1958 ***

thanks mark, it's hard to explain for me in English, even in Japanese.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: "Need" 1911 model gun, which one?   "Need" 1911 model gun, which one? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:32 pm

*** Originally posted by mlin ***

Francky and Mark,

Thanks for the tips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Need" 1911 model gun, which one?   "Need" 1911 model gun, which one? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Need" 1911 model gun, which one?
Page 1 of 1