MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?

Go down 
+2
claymore
kubel64
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kubel64

Number of posts : 6
Location / Country : holland
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? Empty
PostSubject: Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?   Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 1:54 pm

Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? <a href=Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? 42342605621_dd8ba373e1_z
Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? 42342605881_8fa41f1ee8_b
Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? 42342605981_fafabd602b_b

I hope there is somebody who can tell me, what compagny made this mp40, because there is no name on it, I think it looks great with the waffenamt stamps and serialnumbers, but because I am a novice in modelguns, I'm looking for someone who knows more about this gun.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1238
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?   Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 6:34 pm

This is not easy as it could be a number of manufactures. first off is it all zinc? the mags look like they are are for a nakata but could also be marushin. is the telescopic recoil tube plastic or metal? plastic and its from the ABS marushin MP40 metal and its from and MGC, the front site is very strange and dont know what that is from as its square which is all wrong, is the chamber where the round should go blocked or does it have a a metal pin in it, that would show if its meant to fire a PFC round.
Is there anything on the trigger guard as sometimes it will have japan on it.
Back to top Go down
metradio
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
metradio

Number of posts : 68
Location / Country : Slough, Berkshire, UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?   Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 7:33 pm

I get the strong feeling this is a deactivated MP40, it has the code CND - the subcontractors code for National Krupp Registrierkassen, GmbH, Berlin who made various subassembly firearms parts.. The Waffenampt WAa101 is a WWII German factory inspectors mark used at a number of part manufacturers in the Stuttgart are..

Near the CND code mark there is 'ayf' '43' - The MP40 was made by ERMA in 1943

No idea on the front sight....

Mike
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HT600E
kubel64

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?   Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2018 1:35 pm

claymore wrote:
This is not easy as it could be a number of manufactures. first off is it all zinc? the mags look like they are are for a nakata but could also be marushin. is the telescopic recoil tube plastic or metal? plastic and its from the ABS marushin MP40 metal and its from and MGC, the front site is very strange and  dont know what that is from as its square which is all wrong, is the chamber where the round should go blocked or does it have a a metal pin in it, that would show if its meant to fire a PFC round.
Is there anything on the trigger guard as sometimes it will have japan on it.

The whole gun is metal but not magnetic. The tube is plastic but the bolt is metal, the chamber is open but in front of the barrel,the piece you can twist can be removed and that is a pin with a lenght of about 7cm. On the triggerguard there is no Japan but the number 38. The front site is a mystery, because it is not standard for a mp40, also the magazins when you put them in the gun are not really thight,they move a little.
Back to top Go down
kubel64

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?   Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2018 1:46 pm

metradio wrote:
I get the strong feeling this is a deactivated MP40, it has the code CND - the subcontractors code for National Krupp Registrierkassen, GmbH, Berlin who made various subassembly firearms parts.. The Waffenampt WAa101 is a WWII German factory inspectors mark used at a number of part manufacturers in the Stuttgart are..

Mike

It is not a deactivated mp40, I wish it was, because the weapon is not magnetic metal, behind the barrel there is also a bnz stamp and on the magazines and barrel there is ayf 42 and ayf stamped, the bolt is metal except the recoil tubes they are plastic. I do not know what to think of the front sight, everything looks really the stuff except that.
Back to top Go down
metradio
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
metradio

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?   Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2018 2:12 pm

kubel64 wrote:
metradio wrote:

Mike

It is not a deactivated mp40, I wish it was, because the weapon is not magnetic metal, behind the barrel there is also a bnz stamp and on the magazines and barrel there is ayf 42 and ayf stamped, the bolt is metal except the recoil tubes they are plastic. I do not know what to think of the front sight, everything looks really the stuff except that.

All I can say is someone has gone to a lot of trouble to add makers marks and waffenamts (inspection marks) the stamps are not cheap, it certainly looks good..
A good resource on researching the MP40: http://www.mp40.nl/
This is a picture of genuine MP40 magazines and their markings, they are worth about 100Euro each !
Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? 2123

Mike
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1238
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?   Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 10:15 am

i am still thinking Nakata or marushin, the metal will be zinc, the plastic recoil tube i would think is from the plastic Marushin MP40. i will check my Nakata and see what markings it has but i am away at the moment so it cant do it right at this moment.
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?   Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 9:22 am

I am quite sure that this one was for sale on eGun:

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=6931347

I saw the auction but was really unsure what it was.

Seller said it was a modelgun or replica for sure, but he did not know details.

Maybe the extra pics help a little.

I am really no expert on the MP 40 but judging from the pics this does not look like an early Marushin or Nakata (markings are different).

Last edited by MadMike on Mon May 28, 2018 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
metradio
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
metradio

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?   Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 10:18 am

Looking at the pictures it looks like the original front sight protector was lost or damaged and replaced with something that looked similar.. I had the same problem a couple of years ago and found a seller on eBay that from time to time sells replacements..

Mike
Back to top Go down
kubel64

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?   Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 4:12 pm

hanks MadMike, this is the gun I bought from the guy who bought it from egun, everything looks the part except the front vizier, it's good to know a little bit of the history, it's a shame I can't find out the maker , that will always be a mystery.
Back to top Go down
metradio
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
metradio

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?   Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 4:39 pm

Someone might still pop up and tell us who made it.... and as I said sight protectors are sometimes available...

Mike
Back to top Go down
kubel64

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?   Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 4:47 pm

I'll be watching ebay for a protector, thanks Mike Burgess.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?   Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 6:01 pm

If you can remove grip panel (unscrew through a piece of cloth to avoid damaging patina) and post photo (or a drawing) it can provide more hints (at least for the grip section).

Real MP40 had one of 4 grip types:
http://www.mp40.nl/index.php?page=photo&pid=3803

MGC MP40 has a bar-with-hole in the middle and a positioning pin at the bottom.
http://www.pooshka.com/a.php?aid=16264

Marushin and Nakata MP40 only had a bar-with-hole in the middle.
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t3754-marushin-mp40-loose-trunnion
As far as I know they did not have telescopic extension inside, only a spring. This could have been modified though.

I think yours could be a modified (polished and re-stamped) MGC model at first look.
Back to top Go down
capuetz

Number of posts : 49
Location / Country : Tehachapi, CA, USA
Registration date : 2016-09-10

PostSubject: Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?   Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 5:58 am

It looks really close to a Denx" which is currently made in Spain as a base. Someone took a lot of time and effort to make to look real authentic with the marking and age. Front sight hood needs to be replaced otherwise it looks awsome.
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?   Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 9:03 am

I am really no expert when it comes to MP40 modelguns, but this does not look like any modelgun I have seen before.

To me it looks like someone spent a lot of time and effort to add markings and stamps.

With the proper front sight this will be an awsome looking model.

I doubt if it is really a Denix. Some details like the stock release or magazine release look different and this model looks more sophistcated than a Denix. Maybe someone who owns a Denix MP40 can post some pics?
Back to top Go down
kubel64

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?   Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 10:37 am

It´s not a real one, it is not a modelgun and it´s no deko gun from denix, so it will stay a mystery. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?   Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 2:29 pm

We should not give up yet.

We have expeerts here that might be able to help.

It still can be a modified Denix model, someone who has a Denix MP40 at hand should be able to help. I have heard of higly modified Denix models in the past.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?   Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can anyone tell me what factory made this mp40 ?
Page 1 of 1