MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WANTED: Guide Rod and Spring for Marushin Beretta 84B...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
STONEWALL

Number of posts : 4
Location / Country : Plainfield, Indiana United States
Registration date : 2018-10-17

WANTED: Guide Rod and Spring for Marushin Beretta 84B... Empty
PostSubject: WANTED: Guide Rod and Spring for Marushin Beretta 84B...   WANTED: Guide Rod and Spring for Marushin Beretta 84B... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 8:26 pm

I ordered a Marushin Beretta 84BB model gun on gun broker; got it dirt cheap, and came only with its magazine. As you can see, I do not have a guide rod or spring (also the hammer will not stay down, but that's for a different section), and I need to get one.

If anyone has a spare, I'd gladly take it off your hands.
WANTED: Guide Rod and Spring for Marushin Beretta 84B... 20181011

WANTED: Guide Rod and Spring for Marushin Beretta 84B... 20181010
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1238
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Guide Rod and Spring for Marushin Beretta 84B...   WANTED: Guide Rod and Spring for Marushin Beretta 84B... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 11:39 am

might be worth looking at airsoft spares as sometimes the parts match with modelguns
Back to top Go down
Brough2
Brough2

Number of posts : 89
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2017-02-03

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Guide Rod and Spring for Marushin Beretta 84B...   WANTED: Guide Rod and Spring for Marushin Beretta 84B... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 12:33 pm

claymore wrote:
might be worth looking at airsoft spares as sometimes the parts match with modelguns

I second what Claymore said, you will be pleasantly surprised at just how close some GBB Airsoft models are to PFC models, sometimes a drop in replacement other times a very small amount of fettling may be all that is needed.
If you're lucky, and I'm going off my experiences of buying either Airsoft parts or indeed RS parts, you could even upgrade to aluminium or even steel.
I admit that I'm not an expert on your Model 84, but I would be surprised if someone with more knowledge than I have doesn't drop by soon with guidance and advice.
Back to top Go down
Brough2
Brough2

Number of posts : 89
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2017-02-03

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Guide Rod and Spring for Marushin Beretta 84B...   WANTED: Guide Rod and Spring for Marushin Beretta 84B... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Brownells UK has a Beretta 84 recoil guide rod £17 ($22) but that's including UK tax, so I'm guesing a wee bit cheaper in the US, if you bought one and it didn't work you could always put it on GB.
With regard to the spring, I'm guessing that you would have to somehow soften an Airsoft spring to accommodate the lack of power to cycle the slide using caps over gas, or try and find one from a hardware dept that would work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: Guide Rod and Spring for Marushin Beretta 84B...   WANTED: Guide Rod and Spring for Marushin Beretta 84B... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WANTED: Guide Rod and Spring for Marushin Beretta 84B...
Page 1 of 1