For a few years I've wanted to rebuild one of my MGC68's into an accurate replica. After collecting drawings, parts, machinery, and tooling I'm finally able to start.
Yesterday I turned a steel barrel. I had to reduce the area for the front sight by 1mm since the airsoft part I'm using is smaller than a real part. That made it too small to thread for the barrel nut.
I found a drill bit that fit the bore of a 9mm barrel. With it I drilled the new barrel 1.5" deep. I wanted to go deeper, but my lathe wasn't happy.
I still need to mill the flat for the sight base and the slots to mate with the trunnion. I'm going to wait until I have the rest of the part ready to mill. Then I'll set up my dividing head.