MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why Metal (gold plated) 1911 & Hipower were produced no more in Japan?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dave1

Number of posts : 32
Location / Country : Italia
Registration date : 2018-01-23

Why Metal (gold plated) 1911 & Hipower were produced no more in Japan? Empty
PostSubject: Why Metal (gold plated) 1911 & Hipower were produced no more in Japan?   Why Metal (gold plated) 1911 & Hipower were produced no more in Japan? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2023 4:15 pm

Hi folks, reading again carefully the wikipedia article about modelguns, it says that metal modelguns with barrel separable from slide have been produced no more in japan after the second law revision in 1977. is that the reason why in 5 years I've been watching Yahoo.jp(through proxy services) I never, ever saw metal 1911 and HP - gold plated or else - ? (actually a few years ago I saw a cmc commander and  MGC 1911 "caliver" .45 early version ads, which were promptly withdrawn or canceled because they were black finish). While Ruger, P08, P38, PPK, MAUSER  and MGC HSC can still be found in fair quantities. Is that the reason why 1911 & HP weren't produced again after 1977? But P38, PPK and HSC too, are not supposed to have movable barrel too? and what about the rare Hobby Fix and Elan gold plated 1911s produced? are they with non movable parts? For use as paperweight only? Thanks to anyone who knows historical backgrounds and can answer my questions.

Best regards

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal (gold plated) 1911 & Hipower were produced no more in Japan?   Why Metal (gold plated) 1911 & Hipower were produced no more in Japan? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 12:29 pm

Hi

Yes, as you mentioned, automatic pistol of which a barrel can be separable (1911, HP kind) is not allow to make in metal even if it is painted in gold/white/yellow with stuffed barrel, only plastic is ok.

The reason of Hobby fix is, it has no mechanics where trigger and hammer has no relative move.
Trigger moves a slide with a metal bar linked to the trigger while hammer is just set there, moves idlely.

Hope this explains.

S

SunHill999 and dave1 like this post

Back to top Go down
dave1

Number of posts : 32
Location / Country : Italia
Registration date : 2018-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal (gold plated) 1911 & Hipower were produced no more in Japan?   Why Metal (gold plated) 1911 & Hipower were produced no more in Japan? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2023 10:45 am

shazhib wrote:
Hi

The reason of Hobby fix is, it has no mechanics where trigger and hammer has no relative move.
Trigger moves a slide with a metal bar linked to the trigger while hammer is just set there, moves idlely.

Hope this explains.

S

Thank you Shazib for your answer and explanation about HobbyFix Smile
Thankfully I was able to collect some RMI 1911 in the past. And Thanks to a fellow member who gave me the chance to buy RMI HIPowers from the old days!(Thank you Pydracor! Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Metal (gold plated) 1911 & Hipower were produced no more in Japan?   Why Metal (gold plated) 1911 & Hipower were produced no more in Japan? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Metal (gold plated) 1911 & Hipower were produced no more in Japan?
Page 1 of 1