MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC Thompson Detonator pin and chamber dimensions?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cvinisko

Number of posts : 4
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2023-07-09

MGC Thompson Detonator pin and chamber dimensions? Empty
PostSubject: MGC Thompson Detonator pin and chamber dimensions?   MGC Thompson Detonator pin and chamber dimensions? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 11:03 pm

Hi guys!

New owner of an early model open barrel that was sold through Replica Models and was deactivated. I managed to remove the plug that was epoxied in but now I am left with an empty space where the chamber and det pin should be. The extractor has been ground flat as well, but I can weld that and profile it myself. What I need is the dimensions of the chamber insert and det pin length so I can machine my own. I saved the dimensions of the CP rounds that were posted here using 7mm caps so that is what I will model my new chamber around.

I have searched for hours on end without any luck so I'm really hoping I can either get those dimensions, buy one or get a loaner so I can measure it myself.

Please help!! MGC Thompson Detonator pin and chamber dimensions? 2238705566

Back to top Go down
Steelflood
Steelflood

Number of posts : 26
Location / Country : Florida USA
Registration date : 2022-10-05

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Detonator pin and chamber dimensions?   MGC Thompson Detonator pin and chamber dimensions? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2023 11:51 pm

I most likely have a factory original of your model. I can probably help anyone  who has an MGC 1921.  I am still checking the armory for any post factory modifications that might be hiding.

I'm still careful to say I don't have enough caps to  test fire each one, and look for post factory modifications I have cartridges, cartridges for everyone!  Just kidding but I have a bunch, which in the US is considered less than a passel.

MGC Thompson Detonator pin and chamber dimensions? ZYKArpkMGC Thompson Detonator pin and chamber dimensions? 6XqYjWVMGC Thompson Detonator pin and chamber dimensions? 2P5UdLf
cvinisko wrote:
Hi guys!

New owner of an early model open barrel that was sold through Replica Models and was deactivated. I managed to remove the plug that was epoxied in but now I am left with an empty space where the chamber and det pin should be. The extractor has been ground flat as well, but I can weld that and profile it myself. What I need is the dimnsions of the chamber insert and det pin length so I can machine my own. I saved the dimensions of the CP rounds that were posted here using 7mm caps so that is what I will model my new chamber around.

I have searched for hours on end without any luck so I'm really hoping I can either get those dimensions, buy one or get a loaner so I can measure it myself.

Please help!!  MGC Thompson Detonator pin and chamber dimensions? 2238705566

Back to top Go down
cvinisko

Number of posts : 4
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2023-07-09

PostSubject: Steelflood   MGC Thompson Detonator pin and chamber dimensions? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2023 2:50 am

Hi! Thank you for reaching out, I'd love to talk about a few things. Unfortunatly since I am a new member I cannot respond to your PM just yet, I need another couple posts to clear the 5 post minimum. Feel free to reach out to me on facebook or email, otherwise I will respond when I am able to. Corey Vinisko or Cvinisko@gmail
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Detonator pin and chamber dimensions?   MGC Thompson Detonator pin and chamber dimensions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC Thompson Detonator pin and chamber dimensions?
Page 1 of 1