MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

re: Ruger Mini-14 in a real Bullpup kit (muzzlelite)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

re: Ruger Mini-14 in a real Bullpup kit (muzzlelite) Empty
PostSubject: re: Ruger Mini-14 in a real Bullpup kit (muzzlelite)   re: Ruger Mini-14 in a real Bullpup kit (muzzlelite) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Bruchko

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if it would be possible to install a Tanaka mini 14 in a muzzlelite bullpup kit, which is for real steel rifles. I think it can be done, but I would like some opinions, suggestions, and warnings before I try and tear open one of these babies. My goal is to build the morita smart rifle, shown in the film "Starship troopers." My friend's relative knows how to mold parts for the gun using resin and fiberglass; he made one before, but it was a dummy version. Thanks for all your time.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: re: Ruger Mini-14 in a real Bullpup kit (muzzlelite)   re: Ruger Mini-14 in a real Bullpup kit (muzzlelite) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Spencerman

Some of the info found here may help you:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/projects/morita/morita2.htm
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: re: Ruger Mini-14 in a real Bullpup kit (muzzlelite)   re: Ruger Mini-14 in a real Bullpup kit (muzzlelite) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Mark

I am not sure but I think that the Tanaka Mini14 uses stocks that have close to real dimensions. If anything the muzzlelite stock could be cut and modified fairly easilly.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: re: Ruger Mini-14 in a real Bullpup kit (muzzlelite)   re: Ruger Mini-14 in a real Bullpup kit (muzzlelite) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:44 am

Post by matt bond

I made the Morita, in that arnies airsoft link, quite a while back now. Since then i have built several more accurate replicas of the Morita though, using various different parts/methods as that one had some obvious inaccuracies in certain places, which were necessary to fit the airsoft parts etc.

The biggest change in the later ones being the correct placement of the shotgun trigger below the main trigger (in the one in the link the lower trigger is a dummy) and the design i used last meant the latest one could actually split in two halves unlike the one linked too.

I don't really see a reason why you couldn't fit the Tanaka Mini 14 into the real muzzelite bullpup stock. I had the AC556K which is practically identical to the mini 14 and from what i remember about the real muzzelite stock it should be quite a easy installation. If it didn't fit straight off, it definitely wouldn't take much work to make it fit, probably just some minor mods to the mounting brackets if anything. If you plan to turn a Muzzelite into a Morita your easiest / most accurate bet is to make the Carbine Morita as carried by the officers and Fleet troopers.

It's a shame there are no Itacha model gun shotguns to use in the fullsize Morita, it's either real ones, dummy ones or airsoft.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: re: Ruger Mini-14 in a real Bullpup kit (muzzlelite)   re: Ruger Mini-14 in a real Bullpup kit (muzzlelite) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Spencerman

Well I must say that I am quite impressed with your fabrication skills Matt, as you mention, a few dimesional imperfections but a pretty close replica, worthy of much praise. It is only a few points that are not correct, and considering that you were working with airsoft etc. for a functional gun can be forgiven. I take my hat off to you. I wish that I could do as good. I always fancied a Lawgiver 2!
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: re: Ruger Mini-14 in a real Bullpup kit (muzzlelite)   re: Ruger Mini-14 in a real Bullpup kit (muzzlelite) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:46 am

Post by matt bond

That one in the link is made from quite a few different peices, the back is a real muzzelite, airsoft internals,modified resin cast front from a kit and several home cast resin parts - carry handle/front clamp etc.

The last one i made was full resin not using the real muzzelite stock. Made from a mix of resin parts from a kit (thats available still but only makes a static model) which are modified in order to come apart into the two sides, and some of the parts were made by myself -cast when i worked at a model making studio.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: re: Ruger Mini-14 in a real Bullpup kit (muzzlelite)   re: Ruger Mini-14 in a real Bullpup kit (muzzlelite) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

re: Ruger Mini-14 in a real Bullpup kit (muzzlelite)
Page 1 of 1