MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Slide USP @ G n G?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Metal Slide USP @ G n G? Empty
PostSubject: Metal Slide USP @ G n G?   Metal Slide USP @ G n G? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:26 pm

*** Originally posted by dartec ***

Hi,

I know this topic was posted some time ago but just wondered if anynody has bought one of the metal slide Tanaka USP from GnG?

I am thinking of ordering one as I have the ABS one and just like the gun but want extra realism.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal Slide USP @ G n G?   Metal Slide USP @ G n G? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:27 pm

*** Originally posted by illuminati ***

well, arent they airsoft slides?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal Slide USP @ G n G?   Metal Slide USP @ G n G? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:27 pm

*** Originally posted by allenb ***

Hi Dartec - I have one mate.

The slide does give the gun a little more weight compared to ABS.

Operation is smooth and the slide doesn't feel or look like its been 'tacked on'

I'm happy with it
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal Slide USP @ G n G?   Metal Slide USP @ G n G? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:28 pm

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

I was curious when you say that the action is smooth allenb, are you referring to when the gun is fired, or just when you cycle rounds through it? I am also assuming that with a metal slide then it would leave a lot more room for customisation, if it is airsoft is is probably aluminium. I would imagine that this could be polished up to quite a nice custom finish, or would still be pretty good just left as it is. You could custom engrave and all sorts, if you were that way inclined. The only down side would be that you cannot blue aluminium (there is another thread on here explaining in great depth), so it would not be quite as easy as a real steel slide to get a nice deep lustrous finish if you wanted one, but then again I dont really think that it would suit this specific gun too well anyway.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal Slide USP @ G n G?   Metal Slide USP @ G n G? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:28 pm

*** Originally posted by interceptor ***

And it is a modelgun part ? Not an airsoft ?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal Slide USP @ G n G?   Metal Slide USP @ G n G? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:29 pm

Also, as we are back on this subject, is it only the slide that is custom? I have always been very disappointed with the finish of the barrel on the Tanaka USP. Put bluntly, the finish is shit. The seam is quite clearly visable, rough even. It is really piss poor. In fact, it would have been the first bit that I would customize before anything else. Dont get me wrong, I like the Tanaka USP, I have one, and plan to get a couple more at some point, I just find it really annoying knowing how much that one little detail makes it differ from the real thing so much. I mean, would you wear a Batman mask with all loose bits of latex hanging off all over the place, and seams all visable? Of course not. Anyway, enough about that one, how much is $2000 HK in £ UK? (roughly)
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal Slide USP @ G n G?   Metal Slide USP @ G n G? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:29 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

While I don't have access to a GNG custom USP to tell, I would think that for economic reasons that they would use an airsoft based metal slide and mount a modelgun breach block into it. I would think that if the mounting tabs inside of the slide where close to the modelgun breach block, then the conversion would be fairly easy. Now, I am sure that the conversion isn't exactly easy to do but, it would be interesting to try it. I am thinking that the slide is cast zinc instead of aluminum as zinc is heavier and it's easier to mold. Most of the aluminum frames and slides that I have seen for the airsoft guns are works of art and they are all machined and they don't appear to be castings.

spencerman,

For the conversion of the HK dollar to Pound Sterling use these guy's http://www.ratesfx.com/rates/rate-converter.html

The fact that the Tanaka USP's barrel is plastic is really bad when combined with a metal slide as the operating forces that are exerted on the barrel are 10 times as bad as a HW or ABS slide. The USP's barrel has been known to shear off the lower "guide" and split the slide...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal Slide USP @ G n G?   Metal Slide USP @ G n G? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:30 pm

Cheers Gents for the feedback.

Allen - I take it you got it from GnG and service went well?

I have only used Den, Red and WGC to date with airsoft stuff.

I think I may go for one if I can get some others sold. May be sell my ABS version?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal Slide USP @ G n G?   Metal Slide USP @ G n G? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:30 pm

Am I right to assume that it is around £150? It just didnt seem enough to me. If it is I may have to get a few of those!!!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Yep, it appears to be around £147 or about $257.81 U.S. which is fairly expensive!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dartec - GnG have always been excellent, but their website is pretty awful - finding specific parts or guns is a long winded process.

They are however recommended by me as I have not had one customs charge when buying from them, unlike Dentrinity...

Anyway back to the USP Remember that this custom gun is marked as a USP tactical but does not have the correct threaded barrel which it should have. Just a small point.
I believe that the slide is from a KJW airsoft

The gun feels a lot more substantial than my ABS Tanaka P226.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal Slide USP @ G n G?   Metal Slide USP @ G n G? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:31 pm

*** Originally posted by interceptor ***

I'm also recommending G'nG. Everything was okay with my order. Don't remember how long it took to get here, though.
Between one & 2 weeks I think, as it's sent from China ^^
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal Slide USP @ G n G?   Metal Slide USP @ G n G? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:31 pm

*** Originally posted by rizzo ***

Can't recommend GnG enough- website is rubbish, but if you email them they can usually get a part for you. Delivery to me in the UK took about 3 days from when i sent the money. I've never been taxed with them either
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal Slide USP @ G n G?   Metal Slide USP @ G n G? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:32 pm

John - Yes your right mate the barrel is the original plastic one.

I've noticed that KJW do a metal replacement slide for the normal USP as well as the tactical, so that may be a better one to use for a conversion.

Here's a page showing how easy it is to change from the plastic to metal slides with the airsoft version. They also change the barrel to a metal one.

http://www.airsplat.com/Metal-Slide-Upgrade.htm

As has been mentioned the trick to this conversion is getting the bits off the existing plastic slide... Haven't looked into how difficult this is, but will get around to it soonish as I want to do a similar conversion with my Tanaka P226

As for problems after conversion, I've had a good look at mine and there's no worrying damage caused by the slide so far!(now I've said that its bound to break!! Smile )

Here's a piccy of the metal slide
Metal Slide USP @ G n G? IMG_0104
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal Slide USP @ G n G?   Metal Slide USP @ G n G? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:33 pm

That looks nice allenb. Is there any chance, as other than on the g&g website I have not seen much about one of these, if you could take a few piccys of the gun and post here for us all to see. I know that I would definately like to see some. Is there any sign of wear to the plastic barrel, where the metal slide moves against it?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal Slide USP @ G n G?   Metal Slide USP @ G n G? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:33 pm

Ok Spencerman - but only cos your a superhero! Smile
Metal Slide USP @ G n G? New-4
Ready to rock!
Metal Slide USP @ G n G? New-1
With P226 for comparison - the slide on the USP looks soooo much better than the ABS P226's!
Metal Slide USP @ G n G? New-3
On the piccy above you can see the area of most wear - look just above the safety and to the right and you'll see a shiny spot. Nothing to worry about though! Considering the USP hasn't got full length rails for the slide, the amount of wear is acceptable.
Metal Slide USP @ G n G? New-2
And finally.. the bottom shot!

Oh I forgot about the barrel! - Spencerman there is a little wear on the top of the barrel but I would expect that as it is a high spot with the moulding seam.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal Slide USP @ G n G?   Metal Slide USP @ G n G? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:34 pm

That is great, I am sold. I dont know about anyone else. In case you were wondering allenb, the secret to my super powers is alcohol!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal Slide USP @ G n G?   Metal Slide USP @ G n G? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:34 pm

Since the barrel is still plastic, I would suggest that you be careful not to allow the slide to "sling shot" forward (I.E. let it close with force) without cartridges being loaded into the breach. ( to slow down the slides momentum) so, the rapidly closing slide cannot damage the soft plastic barrel.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Looks I have to get one. Thanks for the pics Al, really cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Slide USP @ G n G?   Metal Slide USP @ G n G? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Slide USP @ G n G?
Page 1 of 1