MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question regarding Firearm Safety and Function

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Question regarding Firearm Safety and Function Empty
PostSubject: Question regarding Firearm Safety and Function   Question regarding Firearm Safety and Function Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Bruchko

Hi,

I've never really loaded a real gun myself, but I've been handed a loaded one to shoot on the range. I am new to modelguns and realguns(I'm not even 21) and I would like to know one thing about firearms, particularly pistols. Can a pistol loaded with a round in the chamber fire that round without its magazine? I ask this because I remember a movie and an article mentioning how glocks can shoot a bullet without its magazine by loading one round in the chamber, and decocking the slide to shoot the round. Is this only with glocks or can all guns do this? Thank you all for your time and I'm sorry if this question seems uber newbish.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Firearm Safety and Function   Question regarding Firearm Safety and Function Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:50 am

Post by rizzo

On the vast majority of semi auto magazine fed pistols, you can load a round into the chamber (by racking the slide) then eject the magazine. The round will still be in the chamber, ready to fire. To eject the round, simply rack the slide once more and the round will be ejected.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Firearm Safety and Function   Question regarding Firearm Safety and Function Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:51 am

Post by Spencerman

It all depends on the gun and what safety mechanism it has fitted. The Browning Hi-Power for example cannot be fired without the magazine in place. A safety engages and stops the hammer from being moved (dropped). The Walther P99 however uses different sorts of safety mechanisms, and can fire the chambered round without the magazine inserted.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Firearm Safety and Function   Question regarding Firearm Safety and Function Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:52 am

Post by gavin

intresting info as i would have thought all pistls (semis) could shoot without the mag
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Firearm Safety and Function   Question regarding Firearm Safety and Function Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question regarding Firearm Safety and Function
Page 1 of 1