MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trip to South Africa, Fired a Few Weapons

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Trip to South Africa, Fired a Few Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Trip to South Africa, Fired a Few Weapons   Trip to South Africa, Fired a Few Weapons Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 7:49 pm

Post by BRMoore

I went back to South Africa(where I was born) 6th July to 6th August and in the final two weeks I was in Kimberley a small town out in the middle of nowhere really, the boer war was fought there which I visited as well(I have been before of course, I'm South African after all).

During my stay I went hunting as well and shot a buck with a 300 rifle(7.62 size round) which was an awesome rifle I also shot a 38 special revolver which was my uncles and his wife has one as well I also shot a semi auto .22 which was interesting, a .270 hunting rifle with a very very nice scope from Iraq on it which was amazing on a 100m range zeroed to 100m it brings up a 1cm by 1cm to look as if its 4-5cm square brilliant quality, feel sorry for the terrorists who get caught in sights like that LOL.... and I also don't know if many of you know about the Lee Enfield .303 rifle? well my uncle has one which was his dads and I shot that too(iron sights) and I didn't even do too bad with that it has one hell of a kick, I also fired some .223 rifles(5.56) it was definitely a fun visit back to my home country what I forgot to do was get a picture of all those guns sadly but oh well:P

Now to just wait till one day I fire a .50 cal that I need to do:D and full auto I need to try too, which might not be too long away I'm trying to get into british army asap got deffered from selection for knee problem sitting waiting to go back up could be under 2 weeks its a hurry though basic would start 9th sep im planning to go as junior entrant to harrogate:)

Trip to South Africa, Fired a Few Weapons
Page 1 of 1