MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:08 am

Post by figaro

If anyone would like to volunteer ideas for guns they'd love to see used in a movie, that they think have been overlooked.
Something you've read about or heard of that just seems cool!

WARNING, I will probably use any good ideas.

Think along the lines of...
The Bren in Lock Stock.
The Danish Madsen's in The Taking of Pelham 123.
The Automag in Sudden Impact.
The Gyrojet pistol in You only live Twice.
The Webley Fosbery in Zardoz.

That kind of thing...

Thanks guys!!
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:09 am

Post by fightdesigner

I'm still hoping to work a Steyr M9/M40 into something one of these days, just since I know there's a small group of us who own them and would get a kick out of that. I did pick up an aluminum dummy one just for that purpose...

There was a funky new design of .45 sub-gun that I saw on the web a couple years back, which did away with muzzle lift by placing the barrel towards the middle of the grip, sorta like a push-dagger. Certainly looked 'different'! Only thing coming up above the fist was a sight, as I recall.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Spencerman

I personally have a soft spot for a couple of guns, the Automag being one, but also the .45 Wildey survivor. It has been in a few films, such as Death Wish 3 (.475 Wildey, but the barrels are interchangeable, similar to the automag) and The Hard Way. I also love the MP5 variant used in Raw Deal, and incidently if anyone is selling one of those barrels/foregrips then I would take it! I also prefer to see a gun handled correctly for that gun, rather than seeing the gun itself, for example in The Bodyguard the Browning doesnt hold 2000 rounds, it holds 12, and we only ever once see him empty his whole mag, most of the shots are a double tap. I hate in the movie Best Seller (which is a film that I really like for some reason) the part in the laundry in the middle ish somewhere when you can see that Brian Dennehey has adopted the Beretta 92F that James Woods was using, but that James Woods has switched to a Browning Hi Power. A Browning in fact, that obviously has a feed jam because the barrel is protruding too much. He then magically switches to a Beretta 92F. I dont like inconsistancy like that. I would also like to refer to movies like the Terminator, and Eve Of Destruction, in which Arnie has a 1911 longslide with laser, and Gregory Hines has to go one better and have that same sort of gun but with a compensator also. Now that really kicks arse big time. Apart from The Phantom, you do not hardly ever see the 1911 Longslide, and not ever hardly enough. I also believe that it was seen in Blue Jean Cop, but that is probably about it that I can think of. I like the H&K USP. That is pretty cool. I also like the two tone Desert Eagle as per the movie Nikita. That was also pretty groovy.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:11 am

Post by figaro

Cool ideas, I'm also looking for examples or ideas that haven't been used in movies.

The Desert Eagle, used in every ad campaign, the problem for me is, and I just sold mine, that it's such an obnoxious firearm in every respect other than it's looks, like the SPAS shotgun it's heavy, unreliable and inacurate.

I going to try and get a hold of a Mateba auto revolver, anyone used one?
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:12 am

Post by MT01

Recently watched 'The Jackal' where Bruce Willis uses a remote controlled autocanon in an attempt to assasinate a single target in public - talk about overkill Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_wink

How about something like a Jackhammer auto shotgun?
Enfield mk5 jungle 'carbine rifle' - good old bolt actioned madness?
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:13 am

Post by fightdesigner

Been thinking for myself that a sawed-off over/under might look cool, and be a nice change from the usual sawed-off side-by-side... and of course I don't have the paperwork to do anything like that legally, so I'll probably never get to try it for myself.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Claymore

The FN SLR always seems to be forgotten, rapid fire with Brandon Lee is the only film i can remember it in and on full auto would look pretty awesome.

M12 berreta, still used by the police in Rome and i just like the looks.

SA80, Ok so not the best gun in the world but i think it looks the part and seeing how fast the airsoft models sell others must think the same. never seen it in any movie and i am sure it could be tricked out a bit.

I was reading in American handgunner magazine about gangsters and that one of them had his 1911 45 converted to full auto (cant find the article for his name at the moment) now put an extended mag on that and on full auto it would look cool.

sterling smg, just cos i like it and what about the semi auto pistol from webley (think it was webley not sure so correct me if i am wrong) thats pretty unusual.

As already mentioned the automag and wildy also coogan used to make a 357 45 style semi auto and what about a Bren ten, wish i could get a modelgun of that, i do beleive Don Johnson used it in the first few episodes of miami vice.

minds gone blank for anything else at the moment, if i come up with anything i will add it.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:14 am

Post by fightdesigner

Dog Soldiers used SA80s in the beginning... with blank fire attachments and blanks, so the boys ditched 'em pretty quick for the MP5s that had real ammo, though.

One of the airsoft versions makes a cameo in one movie I worked on. Not visible in the trailer, but it's www.bulletsthemovie.com
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Phobus

What was the film with James Caan where he has a .454 Casull revolver ?
Tasty Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_eek Still the highest muzzle energy of any revolver according to my few years old guns and ammo back issue .

How about the current UK military SNIPER RIFLE by accuracy international ? But I personally sit up and pay attention when any sniper weapon appears in films .

Remember the Walther rifle on Living Daylights ? or was it License to kill ? Walther 2000 or somthing semi automatic witha bullpup configuration. You can buy ann airsoft version by Asahi , costs as much as a small car .

I keep hearing about the splinter cell movie : I do hope they are going to use the true FN weapons from the classic game . FN 2000 and the VERY TASTY 5 : 7 pistol Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_cool .
BTW who would be the ideal sam fisher actor ? I voted Adam Baldwin -the oldest Baldwin brother ? bit old and fat now but he has the voice and the hair and the look . Now it would probably have to be the dude who plays the hit man in Bourne 2 , also seen in DOOM .

Thanks

CARL.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:16 am

Post by BRMoore

fightdesigner wrote:
Dog Soldiers used SA80s
You do you mean L85's though don't you...and MP5A4's sorry I'm into detail:P
SA80 = "Small Arms for the 1980s" it's not the name of an individual rifle.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Claymore

mate, i used the SA80 for years and we all called it an SA80, i know L85 is the correct term but none of us used it.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:17 am

Post by BRMoore

and? maybe people should use it:P I have fired variants myself and never referred to it as SA80...
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:23 am

Post by Spencerman

Im sorry but I must stick up for Claymore, but I too always referred to it as SA80 also. I still do most of the time to this day, although occasionally I may use the precise model name, but most of the time just plain old SA80. I also think that SA80 kind of rolls off the tongue a little easier too. I think also that the most powerful handgun is not the casull any more, but the Smith & Wesson model 500. I also believe that this gun is scarce as anything and costs an arm and a leg to buy, if I am still up to date with my bag, but there are many airsoft versions about. I also like to see the Calico pistol used in full auto mod, as per Dark Angel (I Come In Peace for the US members) with Dolph Lundgren. Also, along the lines of Desert Eagle, you dont often see the 10" barrel version, and also I quite like the modification done to it for Red Heat, as so far as I am aware, a Desert Eagle clone in a rather large looking 9.2mm calibre Butburian pistol, doesnt exist, and if it did, I doubt that it could ever even compare to the power of a .44 magnum! Did anyone know what sort of barrel that was on that MP5 in Raw Deal??
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:24 am

Post by 2sharp

Spencerman wrote:
9.2mm calibre Butburian pistol
I believe the name was "Podbyrin" Smile Very cool gun! I also liked the modified derringer used, small caliber but the 2 barells were unified as one, large/huge muzzle, like the size of a 12 guage shotgun Shocked
I remember reading about it in Petersen's Handguns when i was quite young...
I googled around a bit and found some info that it (the prop) was built from a .357 DE by Tim La France, supposedly it was made to look like an oversize Walther P38.
I didn't manage to find any pictures of it.. crap...
Spencerman wrote:
Did anyone know what sort of barrel that was on that MP5 in Raw Deal??

If i recall correctly it was just a metal shroud fitted over the barrel, i'm not 100% sure but it MIGHT have been an HK 94 semi-auto that they had covered the longer 16" barrel with that shroud to make it look cooler, that long barrel protruding out of the gun looks quite funky...
Some pics can be found here:
http://www.hkpro.com/HK94.htm
I always get a kick out of seeing the Swedish M/45(B)/"Swedish K" SMG in movies Smile
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Phobus

Has anyone seen Three kings ?

What the HECK was that pistol carried by the guy who got killed ?

Mark Whalberg,s friend ?

I am sure it chambered 5.56 rds but looked not much bigger than a .38 special with a tiny barrel but a MASSIVE chamber to accomodate the rds.

It is seen several times in the movie including when they are shooting footballs from the moving hummer / jeep .

Anyone know ?

carl
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:26 am

Post by 2sharp

Phobus wrote:
What the HECK was that pistol carried by the guy who got killed ?
I seem to remember it as a "Thunder5", might be off though?
Thunder5: http://www.thunder5.com/docs1.html
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:26 am

Post by figaro

Good ideas guys, food for thought!
The Swedish K, I have a Vietnam era SOG teams script that has been optioned twice, that will get made, God willing.
Sterlings and Stens always interesting.
I think it was Dillinger that had the 1911 converted to full auto, along with his soap pistol.
The Cuban rebels carried full auto 1911's in Cuba's Sierra Maestra, too. Supposedly converted by an American volunteer, but that part could be BS.
Clyde barrow had the sawn off BAR, I know that.
My armourer has a (NFA Registered) sawn off over and under, it is interesting looking.
FAL is always awesome, have an Austrian one in the armoury that works a lot.
I want to saw the trigger guards off one of my .45's to make it look like an Charles Askins gun fighter version, but don't have the call for it, quite yet.
The .308 HK51 in pistol configuration is tempting me, too.
SA80 is a interesting idea, like hen's teeth here, known as a LEO dealer sample, no transferables at all and few are available even to dealers. (The dealer has to provide proof of a request to show it to a government agency and then is allowed to buy two, I think.)
I keep looking for Bren tens on Gunbroker, they seem to have had slide problems and are difficult to find now.
The Wildey's and big magnums are always fun, but is it just me or is it all a bit lame to need to have such a massive hand-gun, not terribly heroic really.
I'd be much more concerned with someone with a #5 .303 coming after me, than a Desert Eagle, (not that I'd like that either.)

I liked the original "Get Carter" -- Caine with the shotgun in his birthday suit, the bad guy with Sig 210, cool, so cool!

Keep the ideas coming, it's all helpful.
--I used a 97 Winchester in "Butcher", because of that cool scene in "Bullit" where you see the assasin assemble the shotgun from inside his coat.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:27 am

Post by InEvasion

Hopefully I haven't been ignorant to someone who may have mentioned this already, yet I fail to see the Five seveN pistol in any movies.

Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? 300px-Five-seveN_USG

Real nice one that (in my eyes anyhow) Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Phobus

ORGASMS Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_twisted

The 5 : 7 pistol is a bit special imo.

Whilst I do not have any current info, , my recent ish Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_redface edition of jane,s states that this pistol is military or police only and uses same rds as the radical FNP 90 PDW .

Very high m.v. with a tiny projectile to defeat body armour at 200metres + in the PDW .

To me it is all the more interesting that so little is known about it .

Whilst so many organisations seem to be leaning towards .45 or .9mm the tiny 5.7 x 28mm round seems to be totally against the trend in modern military hardware.

Seems to suggest that it,s application would be for only very specialised situations and personnel . Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_razz

Regards .

CARL.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:32 am

Post by figaro

Yeah, with the steel core rounds it's very interesting, this pistol however is available in almost all the states of the union with no special-license, as the civilian 5.7 ammo is not quite as impressive ballistically as the military.
Check gunbroker.com, dozens of them for sale.
Tough to get excited about something so abundently available.
However, I haven't seen one in a movie yet.
I know Swanson makes 5.7 blanks, so feeding it's no problem.
Might be something there...
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:32 am

Post by HueyJ

The irony being of course that it wasn't intended for specialised personnel at all. The P90 was designed as the modern equivalent of the M1 carbine. A weapon that every grease monkey, typewriter terrorist, bottle washer and trucker could carry. In other words those personnel who make up a very significant portion of any army, don't need to use a weapon for their day to day tasks but when they do will need to have more punt than a 9mm pistol or indeed smg will provide.

Despite development of the P90 being attributed to a NATO requirement issued in 1989 for a PDW I can recall FN letting Ian Hogg loose on the P90 in late 1989 suggesting that it had been in development for some time previous to the issuing of the requirement. At the same time FN were also beginning to unveil their new 15mm HMG in preparation to let them loose on the world and start raking in those defence £, $, Francs, Guilder etc. At that stage the 5.7mm pistol hadn't been finalised and it was being reported as a version of the High Power, this was conjecture though. Unfortunately the USSR chose that period to finally fall over, out shopped by the USA. Cue ringing of churchbells, dancing in the streets and the 'peace dividend' which roughly translated into English means 'no money for guns'.

The upshot being that there were no large scale orders for new weapons, the 15mm machinegun was shelved and the P90 together with its innovative 5.7 round ended up being put into use by more specialised units by dint of its penetrative characteristics, originally intended to give the rear echelon soldier a fighting chance against proper infanteers and their ilk.

The first public outing of the P90 in anger was in the hands of Peruvian special forces who broke the 126 day siege at the Japanese embassy in Lima in 1997, quite a while after FN first started putting their promotional material in the hands of various procurement directorates...

As far as the military leaning towards 9mm and .45, well it seems to be more the case of them sticking with those calibres because of existing supply. At least one unit of the UK armed forces examined the .224 BOZ pistol from Civil Defence Supply for its needs, a pretty unconventional little round, ultimately they purchased the Sig P229, and that was in 9mm not the original .40S&W. And no I'm not refering to the regiment of budding authors based near the Welsh border.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:33 am

Post by figaro

Guns you'd get a kick out of seeing in a movie, guys!
Something you haven't seen used that you think would be fun.
Or, perhaps the weapon used in a picture years ago that might have somehow sparked your interest in the model gun hobby.
Cheers!
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:34 am

Post by BRMoore

The new Beretta PX4 Storm needs to get used:P lol in terms of 9mm full size real steel pistols if I ever had one I'd go for that right now:)
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:34 am

Post by HueyJ

Well how about a Lahti L39 to put all those bad boys with their Barrett's in the shade....
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:35 am

Post by MadMike

Well, I was rather impressed by the famous bank robbery shoot-out scene in Heat, when Kilmer and De Niro are using the Colt Commando M733 assault rifle. There is even a nice reloading scene with Kilmer using the bolt catch after changing magazines. Since I have seen the movie I am fascinated by the AR-15 carbines, and of course I have the MGC M733 in my collection ...

(BTW: if you watch closely you can see that the M733 is an early version with all A2 features, but still has the the A1 style rear sight, I think this version was designated M733A)
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?   Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gun you'd get a kick out of seeing in a Movie?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next