MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rambo... the New Movie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Rambo... the New Movie Empty
PostSubject: Rambo... the New Movie   Rambo... the New Movie Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:04 am

Has anybody else been to watch the latest RAMBO yet?

Despite Stallone being in his 60s now, this is a helluva film. Far better than I expected to be honest, it's action packed, start to finish, more guns than you can shake a stick at, and about as realistic as you're likely to get.

If you thought the opening scenes in Saving Private Ryan were graphic and bloody, wait till you see Rambo's .50 Cal ripping through the Burmese troops...

One of the Sunday papers today had a headline to its review of the film... "No More Mr Nice Guy"... and how!

Go and watch it, you'll love it

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Rambo... the New Movie   Rambo... the New Movie Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:05 am

Post by Spencerman

Yes, I too was pleasantly surprised. I expected him to be too old to reprise the role, but it really was good. I think that I still liked the first one best, but this is better than the other two sequals. And yes, it certainly is violent, in a realistically graphic way, not a glorifying way.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Rambo... the New Movie   Rambo... the New Movie Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:06 am

Agreed Spencerman, First Blood was by far the best, the next 2 sequels nothing more than propaganda films were they? Entertaining though all the same.

There's no-way any of the violence in this latest one could be described as glorifying, far from it.

A far cry from the old movies where somebody would get shot in the arm, stagger about limping, (I never could figure that one out) uttering "He Got Me" through clenched teeth...

I don't think there'll be a sequel to this one mind, so make the most of this one.

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Rambo... the New Movie   Rambo... the New Movie Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:06 am

Post by MadMike

I have watched it too and was well pleased. Time was flying by and I felt well entertained. I still love the dialogues. I won't forget the famous one from the 3rd part "What's that? - blue light - what does it do? - it turns blue". Well we all know what to expect when we decide to watch Rambo. I was not disappointed.

I agree that First Blood is by far the best part. Anyway I have read the novel by David Morell, which is far better and goes much deaper than the movie, depicting Sheriff Teasle as Rambo`s opponent in a much more complex way. I love the book.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Rambo... the New Movie   Rambo... the New Movie Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:07 am

Post by figaro

They're planning another one, it has been announced, anyway.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rambo... the New Movie   Rambo... the New Movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rambo... the New Movie
Page 1 of 1