MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My collection.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

My collection. Empty
PostSubject: My collection.   My collection. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 1:52 pm

Nearly 2 years ago, I started some web pages consisting of some of my collection.
I never finished it, and decided not to link it to the rest of my car website.
So here is what I had done at that stage, which is basically just an introduction and some photos.
I never got around to giving details of the actual guns.

Like I said, it is not linked to my car website, so if you venture elsewhere, you wont find an icon or link to get back to the collection.

So, here it is...........

http://www.xr8ute.com/replicamodelguns.php
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

My collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection.   My collection. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 3:54 pm

You've a nice collection there Dan, thanks for sharing them Very Happy

Is your AK47 a Hudson model or something else?

Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

My collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection.   My collection. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:47 am

Yeah Mate, the AK47 is a Hudson.

One day I might get down to putting in some details there.

Dan.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

My collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection.   My collection. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:08 am

I was convinced your AK was a de-activated one mate, it looks so real Wink

Does yours fire? Have you discovered the secret of making Hudson AK47s work Question

Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

My collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection.   My collection. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 3:42 pm

I didn't even realise that replica model guns were designed to fire, until I bought my first Uzi some years back.
It came with about 30 cartridges and a box of caps, which the original owner bought in the late 70s/early 80s.
It was only then, that I found out!

So having said that, I don't think that many of the guns imported into Australia came with cartridges and caps.
At least, when I bought my first new ones back in 1980, no one at the surplus stores even mentioned the options to buy them.

So, back to most of my collection, and the AK47, I have no cartridges or caps, and I don't think there is much of any way to get hold of them, with our Gestapo laws here. The only ones I have which have the right cartridges which disassemble for caps, are for the Uzi.

And also, I have basically only confirmed that a lot of the other guns are designed this way too, since discovering the modelgun forums a couple of years ago.

Prior to that, I was thinking that they were mostly just decorator guns.
Back to top Go down
Stage Armament Solutions
Stage Armament Solutions

Number of posts : 14
Location / Country : Washington DC, USA
Registration date : 2009-05-17

My collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection.   My collection. Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:50 am

I'm late to this party, but let me add my kudos to your collection! Agreed, that AK looks great.

I have a few MGC models in my prop rental inventory, but by and large they were pretty beat up when I got them.

When I get a little more time and can get some photos I will create my own 'collection' post. Thanks for the inspiration, Ozguns!
Back to top Go down
https://www.sasguns.com
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

My collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection.   My collection. Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 3:05 am

Nice collection, I love the cars, they are quite different to the US muscle cars, great to look at.
I think that is a Colt Walker replica, not a Navy, but I may be mistaken.
I have an Uberti Walker, a replica Colt, that is, and when you shoot it the loading lever drops down, they fixed the problem with the Dragoon's and the Navy and Army revolvers that followed (with a latch at the end of the lever), the trouble is when the lever drops, you can't rotate the barrel, and I imagine shooting from horseback, as the pistol was designed for, that would have been a serious problem.
Walker died from a Mexican lance, before he saw his Walker revolvers issued in any number, but it sounds like he was quite a character.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.

JJ
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

My collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection.   My collection. Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:15 am

Yeah JJ, you might well be right about the Colt.
I started a thread here https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/general-firearms-discussions-f13/1847-civil-war-revolver-t1335.htm but still wasn't quite sure.
Now I've done some Googling, and I reckon it is.

I'll change it on my website.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My collection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My collection.   My collection. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My collection.
Page 1 of 1