MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin Colt M1911A1... Broken Firing Pin***Originally posted by bill_d***

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin Colt M1911A1... Broken Firing Pin***Originally posted by bill_d*** Empty
PostSubject: Marushin Colt M1911A1... Broken Firing Pin***Originally posted by bill_d***   Marushin Colt M1911A1... Broken Firing Pin***Originally posted by bill_d*** Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:53 am

***Originally posted by bill_d***

Hi - newbie here - got given an old Marushin Colt - GREAT Very Happy - fired off a few and this Crying or Very sad

Marushin Colt M1911A1... Broken Firing Pin***Originally posted by bill_d*** Fp1

The pin at the bottom dropped out of the assembly above it, end looks sheared:

It came out of the hole pictured here:

Marushin Colt M1911A1... Broken Firing Pin***Originally posted by bill_d*** Fp2

I can't figure out how to strip the assembly any further in order to effect a repair or replacement. Why this darn part is made of plastic is a bit of a mystery... Any help appreciated otherwise I guess it's a write-off.

Thanks.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Marushin Colt M1911A1... Broken Firing Pin***Originally posted by bill_d*** Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Colt M1911A1... Broken Firing Pin***Originally posted by bill_d***   Marushin Colt M1911A1... Broken Firing Pin***Originally posted by bill_d*** Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:56 am

***Post by Mark***

Hi bill_d

Welcome to the forums!

Umm, you didn't happen "dry fire" your Marushin M1911A1 before you had the firing pin breakage did you?

Modelguns, due to Japanese law(s) usually have weak firing pins and most of these are composite two piece affairs that have to have a cartridge to stop their forward momentum (a cushion if you will) or they will break.

Also, the breach blocks are usually glued in place to prevent some persons from modifying their gun to possibly fire real cartridges. I have successfully taken the breach block apart on my KSC Beretta M93R to repair it's broken firing pin. I discovered that they had a hidden pin that prevented the remains of the old pin from being removed from the (also plastic) breach block assy.

This pin was inserted in a bottomed out pin hole and it was a pain to remove until i placed the breach block up side down and smacked it with a small hammer until the pin slowly crept out. After removing the pin the remains of the firing pin slid out with the spring etc. I ended up making a new forward section for the firing pin out of stainless steel.

Talk to "francky" on the forum he may be able to help you with the parts that you need.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Colt M1911A1... Broken Firing Pin***Originally posted by bill_d***   Marushin Colt M1911A1... Broken Firing Pin***Originally posted by bill_d*** Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:58 am

***reply by bill_d***

UhOh - dry fire indeed - live and learn.

Thanks for your advice - I'll try fracnky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Colt M1911A1... Broken Firing Pin***Originally posted by bill_d***   Marushin Colt M1911A1... Broken Firing Pin***Originally posted by bill_d*** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin Colt M1911A1... Broken Firing Pin***Originally posted by bill_d***
Page 1 of 1