MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some Swedish issued guns...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Some Swedish issued guns... Empty
PostSubject: Some Swedish issued guns...   Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:02 am

Post by 2sharp

I mentioned the Glock in another thread, that it had the three crowns on those issued to the Swedish armed forces.

I snapped a few pics today, hopefully they'll be ok Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_smile

Here we go:
Some Swedish issued guns... 68245727ef6
Our "Pistol 88", with some accessories Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_smile
Ammo is the Swedish made "M39B" originally made for the Swedish M/45 SMG (the Swedish K) Which, incidentially is the inispiration for the S&W M76 as far as i know... Due to a thick and hard jacket (tombak) it operates with higher pressure then normal 9 mm ammo, so it wears the pistol harder. The old issue pistol (Husqvarna M/40/Lahti) literally was shot to pieces in many cases.

Some Swedish issued guns... 12934311ac8
A closer lock, plain jane Glock, you can see the engraved three crowns just next to the Glock symbols on both the frame and the slide.
Also a bunch of 5.56 rounds a magazine loader from C-mag, quite a handy device i must say.

Some Swedish issued guns... 89425427id1
A better close-up on the engraved slide, looks nice and crisp! If rumor has it right this is made at the factory before applying the tenifer finish, as it is too hard to do it after the finish is applied. Cool in my book Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_smile

Some Swedish issued guns... 71607641eo1
Here you can see both the Glock logo and the crowns.

Some Swedish issued guns... 35626853vf8
Same three crowns as on the slide, but here on the frame, not as clear or crisp though.

Some Swedish issued guns... 23479381qb4
Glock, some linked rounds for the Ksp-90B/Minimi PARA seen in the lower part of the picture.
There's also a Remington 870 in the picture. What can beat a nice, worn, old skool slide action shotgun?

Some Swedish issued guns... 45981740au2
Here's a pic of the Ksp90B, definitely one of my fav guns of al time... usually i pack this, but not on this trip.
(just realized this wasn't the best pic really..)

Some Swedish issued guns... 94091657zq1
Glock again, Arges made concussion grenade and a SureFire M2 light, Strider knives edition.

Hope that it was informative/entertaining/fun or anything else that brought a smile to your face Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_smile

The holy quest for modelgun information and knowledge will never-ever end!!
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Some Swedish issued guns...   Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:03 am

Post by jim

OK 2Sharp thanks a lot...sweet Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_biggrin

So the Swedish military's using high chamber pressure 9mm (mainly for SMGs) for pistols as well...remembered the US Army blamed the "hot" rounds after some of their Beretta M9s blown apart during the Gulf War...?

And, do you have the approx. figure of how many Glocks did the Swedish military ordered since introduction?

I can see that you're still using the old Glock frame...I might be old-fashioned but I just hate the rails and the grooves on the new pistols...

So only 9mm are used...how about the .40S&W in case the stopping power of 9mm is not enough...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Some Swedish issued guns...   Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:03 am

Post by 2sharp

Yes, the Swedish police has been using the same round for practise in their Sig-Sauer pistols, this is now not allowed as it wore them out too rapidly. It does seem that the synthetic frame on the Glock flexes just enough not to crack.

I unfortunatly i have no idea on how many pistols that has been ordered through the years..

The old frames will be changed out, as the old one's wear out the rail frames will take their place.
I like the clean look of the old frames, but i find it very nice to be able to mount a white light to any gun really.

I'd be very surprised if any caliber changes would happen, we got piles on 9 mm ammunition left over from when the M/45 SMG was phased out, they are bought and paid for so it is cheap to use pistols.
Sweden doesn't really spend too much money on the military, and i think that any new firearm would be a very low priority.

I wouldn't mind having a pistol with a larger bullet, at the same time i think the 9 mm will do the job if the bullets end up where they should be.

If i carried only a pistol i'd be more concerned. now it is mainly a back-up to machine gun/assault rifle/shotgun.

Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_smile

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Some Swedish issued guns...   Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:04 am

Post by figaro

Nice photo's 2Sharp, artfully arranged.
Will that model Minimi (M249 SAW/para) also shoot from the Fnc mag, if you're out of links?

I'd write something in mispelt Serbo-croat but all I can remember after all these years are expletives.
I'll put some guns from my work up in another thread.

JJ.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Some Swedish issued guns...   Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Spencerman

I like that, but call me stupid, how are you supposed to know what calibre it is? I assume that it is stamped on the top of the barrel still? I only ask, as you know how stupid some people can be, and I would have thought that the last thing they would want is for someone to try and feed the wrong size bullet into the hole! I also like the pictures, they really show mine up! Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_lol Good clear detail. I also do not think that it old fashioned to like the older frame, I personally prefer it on the Glock, although I can appreciate the benefit of the rail frame from a tac point of view, I have never liked the railed Glock frame. I like the USP railed frame, but that seems to be about it, give me the old fashioned 92FS, Sig, Glock unrailed frames any day. I suppose that it is going to be a thing of the future to go to rail frames, maybe even include a high power light in the recoil guide rod, similar to how they do lasers, to make them more tac freindly, therefor probably selling ten times more guns, but I still think that they look ugly.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Some Swedish issued guns...   Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:05 am

Post by BRMoore

GUN P0R|\|!!! Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_eek Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_cool Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_twisted Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_twisted Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_twisted

I don't like any models of Glocks, but if I could choose any pistol for use with military or self defense(live firing) I'd choose Glock it lasts longer easy to maintain and shoot.

Lucky lol when I start my training with british army will be using SA80A2 probably great for use in UK but for abroad it's really bad lol...
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Some Swedish issued guns...   Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:06 am

Post by figaro

Re. the SA80, why does it make any difference where you are using it?
Doesn't the new HK overhaul make the weapon (initially, famously flawed) as robust as any other assault weapon, with the exception of maybe the AK series?

JJ.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Some Swedish issued guns...   Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:06 am

Post by MadMike

I too didn't understand that point Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_smile Yes, the HK overhaul must have worked wonders. I think it is a question if you like the SA80, or not. I have heard similar things about the French FAMAS, some love it, some hate it. A friend had the chance to fire one at a range, and he says it is a good gun, but he still prefers his HK G36.

BTW do British special forces still use AR-15s, or was that only within the L1A1 era?
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Some Swedish issued guns...   Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:07 am

Post by 2sharp

figaro wrote:
Nice photo's 2Sharp, artfully arranged.
Will that model Minimi (M249 SAW/para) also shoot from the Fnc mag, if you're out of links?
I'd write something in mispelt Serbo-croat but all I can remember after all these years are expletives.
I'll put some guns from my work up in another thread.
JJ.
Yep, it'll work. I see it as an "emergency" option, it is better the feeding it with single rounds. But it is somewhat prone to jamming and it wears quite a lot on the magazines.
It is quite fascinating how the expletives seems to stick.. Wink Looking forward to that thread!
I've fired the L85A1, and it is easy to shoot, but damn it is messy... i never liked bull-pup designs, never really got comfortable with either the AUG, FAMAS or the L85. but, one example is all the metal "things" that projects from the side of the slot for the charging handle, i cut myself everytime i handle it... stupid... On the A1 version you could squeeze the sides together to the bolt jammed.. duh!
I did talk to quite a few British soldiers that, if i recall correctly, had the A2 version and they weren't too happy about it... but then, grunts never will be Wink
It IS werird how they spent so much money an time and came up with such a crappy design..
Edited to add: the Glock barrels are marked with the caliber, but i'd rather have a simple logistics chain then get the wrong ammo when i really need it..
We got the wrong fuzes for our handgrenades the last time we were practising room clearing, we got the old fuzes for the new grenades - bummer... i like throwing grenades, it is funny when they go BANG! Smile now it was just training, but i'd hate to end up like that when things had gotten FUBAR for real.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Some Swedish issued guns...   Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Spencerman

I have to say that I am really not a big fan of the SA80 design also. I always found the grip to be really uncomfortable, and would always end up with blisters after shooting. I know that I used it in early days, but why oh why when the MP5 was soooooo comfortable to hold? I even preferred the old M16 variants over the SA80, they just 'felt' better.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Some Swedish issued guns...   Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:09 am

Post by figaro

One of my titanium plated 1911 Springfields in action; three of the four supplied by Springfield broke down non-stop.
Springfield did the Titanium plating, they have done this for one other movie, "Face Off" -- the yellow is more sand colored than golden, and does not buff up at all nicely.
The 1911 Military is produced in Brazil, not the US; like the rest of the Springfield line, and our guess is that it is substandard in parts and labor.
The one that kept working ended up going through about 1000 rounds of blanks during the "Butcher" shoot, though, and now rattles when you shake it!

Some Swedish issued guns... Butcherstills116

When I find time I will photograph some more and start a new thread. I start another shoot on the 17th and am under the gun!
The lead character in this next one carries a Colt Diamondback, ALA, McQueen in "Bullit" and John Wayne in "Brannigan." Thank you, Kimbo for supplying all the .38 Special blank.

Sorry to go off heading 2Sharp, didn't figure you'd mind. Back to Swedish army guns now chaps!

JJ.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Some Swedish issued guns...   Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:10 am

Post by 2sharp

Absolutely not! I kinda like it when topics go "off topic" so to speak Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_smile

I think you gotta learn Mr. Roberts NOT to keep his thumb on top of his hand, it might get bumped by the slide Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_smile (or just tell him to make his sister call me..)

Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Swedish issued guns...   Some Swedish issued guns... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Swedish issued guns...
Page 1 of 1