MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some guns.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Some guns. Empty
PostSubject: Some guns.   Some guns. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:30 am

Ok, firstly, I didn't construct or "name" the site that this link takes you to, I would like to think I was more subtle than that, lol.

But the guy who did build it has actually done quite a good job, a German student who goes by the screen-name Bladerunner.

These are screen stills that he took the time to collect from a blue Ray disc, and it's the first time I've seen these guns since we shot the movie - we didn't really have a stills photographer.

http://www.jesse-johnson-fans.com/forum/index.php/topic,114.0.html

The majority are very worn out real weapons from Thailand, that we had all manner of exciting moments with; the AR pistol blew up as he was shooting it out of the police car (actually moments after the shot from which the still that's captured, was taken), the Broomhandle fired by itself, and the 1911 they had just didn't fire at all.
*My plan had been to go with all the exotic weapons they had for rent in some defunct military/police arsenal, including Greaseguns and Mat-49's, but they were all so rusty, corroded and poorly kept, it became really problematic, they just didn't work reliably, and we started losing time.

If you look closely you will see quite a few model guns and airsoft guns, in fact anything that didn't fire was a replica, as the real guns (even in awful condition) were quite expensive to rent, Thailand is restrictive in the use of weapons.
We ended up relying heavily on the 9mm PAK Walther series, as they were 100% reliable - but you hardly ever see a muzzle flash, but it worked out OK.

This was the first film where I watched the blanks being loaded and crimped on set (not 9mm PAK, of course), dependent on the size of muzzle blast needed.

As we didn't know where post-production was going to take place, and whether it would be a 35mm print, which it was, we didn't plan for CG, so all the muzzle flashes are the real thing.

The FN Minimi came from the army and was very expensive, but it was reliable.
The two .223 HK's in full auto were outrageous.
The Thompson was a M1 series with a film can painted black attached to the stick mag to make it look like a drum.

Thailand is an awesome place to make movies, and even though it presented some serious logistical issues, the crew and people there are fantastic and really have a generosity and kindness you don't soon forget.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London

Some guns. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some guns.   Some guns. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Not a bad job, must be good to see a fan take this much time and trouble and to know people enjoyed your films enough to do this.
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

Some guns. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some guns.   Some guns. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 4:24 pm

It is really humbling actually, Claymore, he has also built a fan-site for another directors work, Isaac Florentine, who directs "lower" budget action movies, so, I believe "Bladerunner" must have a soft spot for the underdogs!

We're making films for what the studios spend on their catering and dining costs, so it's nice to see anyone appreciating the work.
Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Some guns. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some guns.   Some guns. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 5:39 pm

Nice stills!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Stage Armament Solutions
Stage Armament Solutions

Number of posts : 14
Location / Country : Washington DC, USA
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Some guns. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some guns.   Some guns. Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:01 am

I applaud the ingenuity of the film can/stick magazine to create a replica drum magazine, but have to admit I laughed out loud when I read it.

Just got here, thanks to a colleague in the US Northwest. Looking forward to reading all the wisdom available. I'll pose a question or two as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.sasguns.com
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Some guns. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some guns.   Some guns. Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 9:44 am

Welcome to the forums Very Happy Stage, it's a pleasure to have you join us.

We'll be looking forwards to your posts Wink

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Stage Armament Solutions
Stage Armament Solutions

Number of posts : 14
Location / Country : Washington DC, USA
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Some guns. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some guns.   Some guns. Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:53 am

Thank you, good sir. If I can determine the screen name of my friend who referred me, I'll be sure to give him the acknowledgment.

I've just scratched the surface here but looks like lots of good folks and awesome collections. I'm drooling already.
Back to top Go down
https://www.sasguns.com
Sponsored content

Some guns. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some guns.   Some guns. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some guns.
Page 1 of 1