MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AK47 Fix Bayonets!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

AK47 Fix Bayonets! Empty
PostSubject: AK47 Fix Bayonets!   AK47 Fix Bayonets! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by erikthecat

criminal activity warning, another classic model gun cannibalized!
well in my defense, i didn't have any choice did i?
i bought this great looking AK replica under false pretenses:(
it was supposed to fire PFC's, but as we all know that was just good sales patter, isn't it?
having sat looking at this thing for some time, i just got bored, i saw all these bayonets on Eba, and my brain started ticking!
Better buy one of there before they are outlawed by our wonderful government!Smile
i did realize that my model didn't have any bayonet lugs, so ALL of the examples that were up on ebay would not be suitable:( i did toy with the idea of fitting lugs, but that was a non starter, so the idea died.
a few months later a 'first pattern' bayonet came up!
that looked much more promising... so after looking for images on the net to convince myself that the Hudson wasn't too different looking from an original AK, i went ahead and 'sniped' the item.
it arrived in good time,
and surprise surprise is soon found that it didn't fit!
'close but no cigar', but when did that ever stop anyone?
out came the b@$st@rd files! Smile
and a after a period of hacking, it now fits.
i made a right old mess of the finish, as i didn't really have any idea what i was doing, which is to be expected, having never tried this before. all i knew is that there was no good reason why it shouldn't fit. i just took my time, went slowly and carefully, and after many filing / fitting operations, it clicked into place.
so now the bayonet fits, but there is shiny metal everywhere,
or more accurately in a few places. that turns out NOT to be a problem as the Hudson has some ferrous content, so i was able to cover a multitude with the application of some bluing solution and gun oil.
having gone to the trouble of losing the shiny bits, i realize that my model looks altogether too new. it needs that worn in look. does anyone have any ideas on how to weather a model to make it look used?
happy hacking,
GaRy:)
bayonet fixed! sheath on!
AK47 Fix Bayonets! Hud1
nice shiny bayonet!
AK47 Fix Bayonets! Hud2
bayonet off, not much sign of filing activity, this is after the first application of blue and gun oil.
AK47 Fix Bayonets! Hud3
a little extra something, can you tell what it is yet? No it's NOT the bayonet. in my opinion it looks better this way. whenever you see AK's in the news they always seem to have the biggest magazines (don't you think) and as any woman will tell you, bigger is always better! (if they tell you anything other than this, they are lying to you:)
AK47 Fix Bayonets! Hud4
it's not what you have, it's what you do with it! this is the regular look.
AK47 Fix Bayonets! Hud5
and now with a darker wood finish.
AK47 Fix Bayonets! Hud6
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net

AK47 Fix Bayonets!
Page 1 of 1