MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Limp wristing"?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

"Limp wristing"? Empty
PostSubject: "Limp wristing"?   "Limp wristing"? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 8:42 pm

As you might be aware the term limp wristing as related to real steel pistols is when the shooter keeps a too loose grip on his pistol and thus induces a malfunction.

The recoil and it's reloading force gets sucked up by the loose grip and/or wrist. Glocks should be espcially prone to malfunctions relating to limp wristing.

So, have any of you experienced weird malfunctions that has just about disappeared when you have gripped the gun tighter?

I don't have that much experience of firing modelguns but it seems they work more reliable when held firm[rather then loose].

It should make sense(?) as we don't have a lot of recoil forces to work with, no bullet to work against with pressure and pretty light parts thaty moves around.

It is ok to mock me....

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

"Limp wristing"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Limp wristing"?   "Limp wristing"? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 11:39 pm

Over here, "limp wristed" means something else, and I'm sure most of you guys would know what I mean! Smile

But yeah, when it comes to firing a gun, I can see the problems that it would cause.

But I wont mock you.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

"Limp wristing"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Limp wristing"?   "Limp wristing"? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 9:22 am

Very Happy I've watched a video on youtube demonstrating this limp-wristed firing and the jamming problems it creates especially with Glock pistols. (Can't find the video just now, I'll keep searching)

The theory makes a lot of sense and is certainly thought provoking. Basically if a pistol is fired whilst held very loosely, energy created by the round igniting is lost during recoil by throwing the gun backwards, twisting the wrist and bending the shooter's arm.
This energy is required to cycle the gun, throwing the slide back etc, and any losses due to "limp wristing" result in jamming.

Modelgun cartridges don't have much power to start with do they so it's entirely possible that holding the modelgun could well cycle better if held tightly.

Who'll be the first to try it then? Wink

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net Online
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 240
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA
Registration date : 2008-09-10

"Limp wristing"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Limp wristing"?   "Limp wristing"? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 3:18 am

Indeed... all of which is a bummer for me, since when using these as props, faking recoil is essentially 'limp wristing' on steriods.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
Sponsored content

"Limp wristing"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Limp wristing"?   "Limp wristing"? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Limp wristing"?
Page 1 of 1