MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UK VCR Selling Regulations

Go down 
+4
InEvasion
kickback
smootik
8ace
8 posters
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

UK VCR Selling Regulations Empty
PostSubject: UK VCR Selling Regulations   UK VCR Selling Regulations Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 5:42 pm

Does somebody selling RIFs within the UK need fulfil the exemptions of the VCR of is it just the buyer Question So somebody who isn't a member of a re-enactment society can sell them to somebody who is Question

8ace
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: UK VCR Selling Regulations   UK VCR Selling Regulations Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:49 pm

IANAE (I am not an Englishman)

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2006/ukpga_20060038_en_5#pt2-pb5-l1g36
Quote :

36 Manufacture, import and sale of realistic imitation firearms

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if-

(...)
c he sells a realistic imitation firearm; or
(...)
37 Specific defences applying to the offence under s. 36
(...)
As far as I understand VCRA allows defence if at least the buyer can prove it. On airsoft forums people only check that the buyers comply with defence requirements. It seems that the trouble is if seller doesn't verify adequately that the buyer has a defence (registered movie/film/historical reenactor/UKARA) - at that moment both parties have an issue.
From the formal perspective it seems that sellers ask buyers to provide proof and just go ahead with sales when they receive it. The proof is held "in case someone knocks at the door", so you can show you did your.

See also this thread:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/blank-firers-f14/blank-firers-vcra-t1407.htm
Back to top Go down
kickback
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
kickback

Number of posts : 336
Location / Country : UK.Cambridgeshire
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: UK VCR Selling Regulations   UK VCR Selling Regulations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi 8ace Very Happy ,

Smootik has hit the nail on the head mate,you can sell the RIF with no VCR exceptions yourself as long as the buyer meets the governments requirements Question Question ,and that they can supply you with a copy of there details.

So what do you want to sell?????? Laughing Laughing

Kickback
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: UK VCR Selling Regulations   UK VCR Selling Regulations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:36 pm

Cheers guys Very Happy i did some searching but couldn't nail down the requirements for the seller (always better to make sure)

8ace
Back to top Go down
InEvasion
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
InEvasion

Number of posts : 1
Location / Country : Ice cold England
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: UK VCR Selling Regulations   UK VCR Selling Regulations Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:33 pm

I am extremely confused about the regulations man, I truly wish they would just allow us to purchase them, I'd be willing to buy a safe for them if required. Top of the day lads, got to go... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/richardhigham
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: UK VCR Selling Regulations   UK VCR Selling Regulations Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:07 pm

InEvasion wrote:
I am extremely confused about the regulations man
Since VCRA was introduced, traffic on "Buy/Sell" section here has dwindled down significantly. Pity, I still regard forum members as a great way to make the replicas go around. Good that we still have friendly souls in Japan Smile
Back to top Go down
jonrms

Number of posts : 42
Location / Country : England UK
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: UK VCR Selling Regulations   UK VCR Selling Regulations Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:32 pm

Hi everyone... first post and I will try not to moan and groan about the vcr act.

I hold a full FAC cert police vetted etc... so I had to join up with a re enactment group just to get a card to allow me to continue my collection... cost 15 which also has insurance etc... anyway!!!

I dont agree with the goverments decision.. but hey..

I can tell you that I have recieved several pistols from scarred people and no one ever checked me out.... but then again who will???

but be carefull... I think is the message.. I am not telling you to break the law.. but just be carefull with this silly act!

again hello.. I will post a propper bit on the main forum now..

study
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: UK VCR Selling Regulations   UK VCR Selling Regulations Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:02 pm

jonrms wrote:
Hi everyone... first post and I will try not to moan and groan about the vcr act.

I hold a full FAC cert police vetted etc... so I had to join up with a re enactment group just to get a card to allow me to continue my collection... cost 15 which also has insurance etc... anyway!!!

I dont agree with the goverments decision.. but hey..

I can tell you that I have recieved several pistols from scarred people and no one ever checked me out.... but then again who will???

but be carefull... I think is the message.. I am not telling you to break the law.. but just be carefull with this silly act!

again hello.. I will post a propper bit on the main forum now..

study

Well Jon, we might well all agree that it's a silly bit of legislation but the fact is the Police and Courts take it rather seriously.

There is a thread here concerning a well established dealer of replicas, 35 years in the business, arrested by the Police...his business closed down earlier this year.

Take extra care, you never know, the next guy wanting to sell you a replica or buy one off you might be a Police Officer Shocked

The Law is the Law, whether we like it or not I'm afraid.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
kevin dangerously

Number of posts : 16
Location / Country : Boston, MA. USA
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: UK VCR Selling Regulations   UK VCR Selling Regulations Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:50 am

This may seem silly.

If I sell to someone in the UK and I live in USA; do I need to worry about UK regulations?

I dont suppose they would come knocking on my door...
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: UK VCR Selling Regulations   UK VCR Selling Regulations Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:23 pm

Kevin

No as you are not a UK resident then the Law will not affect you ...it will however affect your UK buyer so be wary of accepting something like paypal because "if" the goods are seized then you may get one of the chargebacks that Paypal is rife with.

DOC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UK VCR Selling Regulations   UK VCR Selling Regulations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UK VCR Selling Regulations
Page 1 of 1