MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hawsan models

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
denisonsmock

Number of posts : 178
Location / Country : Taiwan
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Hawsan models Empty
PostSubject: Hawsan models   Hawsan models Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 6:23 am

Hi everyone!
I live in Taipei, Taiwan. I’m just inquiring if Hawsan models are allowed legally to be purchased from Taiwan and shipped to the UK? I have found one of the biggest stockists here that stock the lot.
Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

Hawsan models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawsan models   Hawsan models Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 6:34 am

Here's a few images:
https://servimg.com/images.php

Martin
Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Hawsan models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawsan models   Hawsan models Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:24 am

Pic link won't work for me?

I'd assume that any importing to the U.K would need to comply with current regulations. Thus the issue would be the import part and not the export part.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Hawsan models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawsan models   Hawsan models Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:00 am

Hello Martin,

Welcome to the Forums Very Happy

Importing any Replica Gun into the UK is subject to strict control under the VCRA legislation. If the buyer has the correct exemptions, then importing is allowed but if not, then that buyer is acting illegally and could face serious consequences.

Importing Spare Parts is a different matter. There are no problems with this at all.

Am I correct in thinking Hawsan used to be WaShan Question A few of us own and enjoy these fine all metal models, I have a Beretta M9 Dolphin myself which performs really well.

The link to your photos wouldn't get past the log in for existing members page for me either.

Does your stockist carry spares Question I've a feeling you might be able to help a few of us out here... Wink

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
denisonsmock

Hawsan models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawsan models   Hawsan models Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:00 am

So how many people here have purchased model guns without any problems from the police?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Hawsan models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawsan models   Hawsan models Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:11 am

I don't know about complete modelguns, but I've purchased spare parts, perfectly legally, from KWC without any difficulties.
The VCRA legislation came into full effect here in the UK in October 2007. Importing models prior to that date from anywhere wasn't a problem.

As a matter of interest, does your stockist deal with KWC too Question

Are you a dealer based in Taiwan Question

Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

Hawsan models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawsan models   Hawsan models Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:25 am

Hi Cerwyn,

They do spare parts for the M9, and they come in a nice little box, I only got a glimpse but there was a spring and other things. I bought a full metal Sig P220, with metal firing pin, everything. Andy, the guy who runs the shop, updated mine, there is also the full metal .45 - no plastic, but they do cost alot more.

I'm trying to set up a meeting with the boss of Hawsan next week, and discuss with him overseas business with Modelguns worldwide, the Historybunker and MGCUK.

I'm not to sure on the name Washan; here they are known primarily as Hawsan - could be a culture issue, I'm not too sure.

I did take a lot of pictures in the shop but cannot get them on the site - I must be doing something wrong as there is a link for image but it doesn't link into the file were my pics are.

We can ship these models to any country that allows them in. If by chance a model was posted to you - would it end up being checked by customs or would a postman deliver it in the normal way? There is nothing on the box apart from the address of where it is going to.
Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

Hawsan models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawsan models   Hawsan models Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:02 pm

The shop sells every manufacturer - apart from Japanese model guns. I would like to set myself up as a dealer, I am meeting the boss as I mentioned before, if you have any questions I could pass them onto him.

If we do ship to the UK, they would more that likely go to the stockist like MGCUK who will then farm them out to you.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Hawsan models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawsan models   Hawsan models Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Hi Martin,

Thanks for filling us in on your background Wink

As far as I am aware, any package coming into the UK will pass through Customs. Hearing of some other peoples' experiences, replica imitation firearms can be stopped by HM Customs officers. The person to whom the parcel is addressed is contacted and asked why he/she is attempting to import a Replica as to do so contravenes the VCRA of 2007

If that person is either a Living History Reenactor, Airsoft skirmisher, Museum or in the Film/TV industry and can obviously prove it, then the Replica should be released from Customs and sent on.
If Customs aren't satisfied then the Replica is, I believe, siezed and the individual attempting to import it is visited by the Police...

Spare parts and accessories clear through Customs without any such problems.

MGCUK is a UK dealer well known to us here. Modelguns-Worldwide (now based in France) is also well known to us.
If you're in negotiations with them, I'm sure that MGCUK will let you know how the VCRA affects them as Dealers importing into the UK. I cannot comment on this as I simply don't know if the Law affects Dealers any differently to private individuals.

As you're looking into trading commercially, then I'm sure you'll be checking things out with HM Customs for yourself too.

Several of this forum's UK based members are registered Re-enactors and I'm sure that a contact in Taiwan for Hawsan , WaShan and KWC replica guns and parts will be of great interest to them Wink

I wish you well with your venture Very Happy and hope that you succeed. I hope too that you continue to contribute to, and enjoy this forum.

A good photo sharing web-site can be found at http://photobucket.com/ If you're having problems with your photos, why not give it a try Question

You'll have to find out which parts are included in the M9 kit please, I might well be interested Wink Wink Wink

Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Hawsan models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawsan models   Hawsan models Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:43 pm

Welcome on board Martin! When I was at the Wa Shan shops I'd asked if they accept international online orders and the answer is no - because none of the staff is English literate...

I believe the Wa Shan boss that you're going to meet is Mr Fan junior - Mr Fan senior (who founded Wa Shan) now ages around 60 so his son takes over...I think this is the son's decision to expand the business by having their own pro shops around Taiwan (as I'd mentioned - 2 shops in capital Taipei and others scatter around Taiwan). Also Wa Shan now focus on CO2 gas guns (such as Mad Max shotguns/Mauser K98 rifles) in case the government impose a total ban on modelguns in the future...

To clear some doubts - the proper name for Wa Shan should be "Hua Shan" (華山) - "Hua Shan" is the Mandarin pronounciation and "Wa Shan" is the Cantonese pronounication so that's why most HK shops refers it as "Wa Shan" - even for improper pronounciation, "Hwa Shan" is still somehow workable so "Haw Shan" was the result of careless mistake by Mr Fan or the officials of Taiwan's Ministry of Economic Affairs during company registration back in 1981 when English wasn't that important...and by the look of their website (http://www.hawsan.com.tw) nobody bothers to correct it...

So let's see if you'll meet Mr Fan in Jia-Yi (where it was founded - in Tainan)...

If you're going to become a dealer, getting all the proper paperworks and such then it shouldn't be a problem to ship the guns out of Taiwan (strictly Export Only) - but if you only intended to ship several pieces out to the UK with all the upgrades beforehand (deleted) then you're likely to be charged with minor firearm offence facing TWD $100,000 penalty and minimum 3 months of gaol...

Last edited by jim on Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

Hawsan models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawsan models   Hawsan models Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 5:28 pm

Jay is going to get Andy’s M9, the guy who runs the shop near Shandow temple, a suburb of Taipei city. Jay mentioned that model guns are accepted in France, and he’s getting the shop owners sample for Jay to evaluate it.
I do have some doubts about the boss of Hawsan – is he on the level? He wasn’t letting Jay have a free sample to evaluate, he wanted to charge a reduced fee for a P220, and as for their website; they’ve stolen images from KGworks and used them as headers, but – KJworks has no copyright on their website.

It looks as though Modelguns-worldwide will be getting Hawsan’s in the future; the UK has put a total block on everything resembling a gun.

I’ve got this off MGC, is says that model guns are not illegal, but you have to be part of an organisation to be able to own one. You’ve all seen it before.
http://www.modelguncollector.co.uk/index_what.html
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Hawsan models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawsan models   Hawsan models Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:03 pm

Hi Martin,

The UK hasn't put a total block on anything resembling a gun, as such. The VCRA legislation 2007 certainly made it illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to buy a "Realistic Imitation Firearm" and also any other person not having a legitimate reason to buy one.

Collections already in people's possession are unaffected. They are still perfectly legal to own. Spare parts and accessories, consumables like caps and cartridges can still be bought or imported without difficulty to keep these collections "going".

The organisations we in the UK have to join to be able to buy complete Replica guns now are as I mentioned previously, i.e. Living History Reenactment Groups, Airsoft Skirmishing sites, Museums and the Film/TV Industry.

Re-enacting is a HUGELY popular activity as is Airsofting so the Modelgun hobby isn't dead by a long way. UK Airsoft dealers are importing replicas and selling them all to bona fide buyers. There is a procedure to follow to prove and verify membership of groups so the "system" does work.

I'm glad to hear that Jay at Modelguns-Worldwide is helping you out. I bought several models off Jay when he was based in the UK.

I would certainly welcome a source of spare parts, accessories and cartridges for Haw San / Wa Shan models. However, I know that Jay would refuse to sell me anything unless I'd bought that particular replica gun from him. As I bought my Wa Shan M9 privately, Modelguns-Worldwide would not help me out with any spares requirements. I'd imagine that many, many of us bought our replicas privately or indeed imported them ourselves from Hong Kong pre-VCRA so there's a large market here in the UK for parts.
Hopefully you'll be negotiating with UK based dealers too Question If not, maybe you could look at taking on-line orders youself and supplying from the Wa Shan shops Jim wrote to you about Wink

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Hawsan models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawsan models   Hawsan models Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:42 pm

Great to have you on the forum and get some more info on these hawsan models, i have a few already and they a great models. I would be really interested in knowing more about the disposable rounds they do as many of us on this forum would really like to get our hands on some, also the normal reloadable rounds as we cannot get them anywhere and of course any spare parts we can get.
Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

Hawsan models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawsan models   Hawsan models Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Hi everyone,

The pictures that Jim posted on the site about the Hawsan shop are the same as the ones that I took. I took a few more - and stripped down versions of the range; I also got to fire Andy, the shop manager his nickel M9. The spare parts are not a problem, they seem to have a kit for the M9 but I’m not too sure on the other ranges.

They do a nice GBB M4A1 in steel and metal that Jay from model guns was curious as to whether it could be converted to fire PFC. That is something I will bring up in the meeting and printing your messages off also for discussion.
I’ve just noticed with my bionic eye the MGC has two Hawsan M9s, the nickel and the black. He’s selling them for £220.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Hawsan models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawsan models   Hawsan models Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:04 pm

Looking forwards to hearing more and more from you then Very Happy

Prices have shot up considerably by the look of things Shocked Poor exchange rates don't help but HobbyAsia are selling Haw San M92 Dolphins now for 212 $US, Glock 17s are 169 $US

£220 sounds an awful lot for an M9 Shocked Shocked Shocked

Hopefully prices won't be pushed too high and become unaffordable over here Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Hawsan models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawsan models   Hawsan models Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 2:31 pm

My apologies denisonsmock, it looks like I miss read your last post Embarassed

I've just realised that the M9s for sale at £220 each are here in the UK. Prices here are obviously considerably higher than there in Taiwan and HK as these dealers have to earn a living too Exclamation

Have you made any progress with your negotiations with Haw San yet Question

As for us UK enthusiasts, what are your plans regarding supplying us with spares and cartridges please Question These particular items are not restricted at all by the VCRA

Complete modelguns can be legally imported into the UK by individuals that are bona fide members of Reenactment groups, Airsoft skirmkishers etc as already mentioned.

A source of spare parts and cartridges, especially the disposable type, for Haw San and Wa Shan pfc modelguns would be very welcome and helpful to us. It's a pity that Jay at Modelguns-Worldwide wouldn't be prepared to sell just parts and cartridges unless the gun was purchased from him. There are many of these excellent pistols here in peoples' collections.

Back to top Go down
denisonsmock

Hawsan models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawsan models   Hawsan models Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:50 pm

Hi Cerwyn,

Hawsan can supply any spare part you care to mention; so I’ve been told by Andy who runs the shop here in Taipei. Barrels for each model sell at about £20.

There is an upgrade kit for the M9 that contains a trigger, springs and a few other things relating to the M9, that kit comes in its own box and is priced at £200! Spares can be obtained – even slides for each model.
Metal firing pin cost about £35 for all models.

For the airsoft skirmkishers; there is a steel/metal M4A1 at £280. There are talks as to converting it to fire PFC. For a box of cartridges; a box contains 50, and priced at £10.

Let me know if there is anything else you want to know?

Cheers,

Martin
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Hawsan models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawsan models   Hawsan models Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:57 pm

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your fast reply Wink

Well I could certainly do with a pair of new grips so I'll send you a PM, I'll be asking you more about cartridges too so keep an eye on your Inbox Very Happy

Blimey, that upgrade package is expensive isn't it Question I guess it's to deter the Taiwanese from attempting to convert to live firing or something Question

A metal M4 PFC firer should have several of us salivating at the mere thought... you'll have to keep us posted on that one Exclamation

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hawsan models Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawsan models   Hawsan models Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hawsan models
Page 1 of 1