MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

muzzle flash S&W 459

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

muzzle flash S&W 459 Empty
PostSubject: muzzle flash S&W 459   muzzle flash S&W 459 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 11:26 pm

Decided to try 5mm rounds as jintarow suggested and decided to use the MGC S&W 459 as that has a strong barrel and is a pretty solid model. there is the vid and then a series of pics showing the intial muzzle flash and how it slowly dies, i used a much maller amount than in the 9mm rounds as there is less space in the 5mm round but even with a small amount of powder the effect is good, getting the right amount is not easy but you really only need a teeny amount of powder to get the effect.
I did not notice much difference (if any) in 5mm round and cap to 9mm round and cap apart from detination is better with a 9mm and a very small amount of powder and thin wad than the 5mm so less having to pull the trigger 2 or 3 times to set off the cap.

muzzle flash S&W 459 Th_flash

muzzle flash S&W 459 Muzzleflash3

muzzle flash S&W 459 Muzzleflash4

muzzle flash S&W 459 Muzzleflash5-1

muzzle flash S&W 459 Muzzleflash2-1
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: muzzle flash S&W 459   muzzle flash S&W 459 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:56 am

Gonna need sun glasses to fire that one Cool

8ace
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: muzzle flash S&W 459   muzzle flash S&W 459 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:22 am

I like it Very Happy

I particularly like the smaller, almost tapered flash you managed to get, NICE Exclamation

I STILL can't find anything to use as a wad. The polystyrene "foam" sheet, I tried doesn't burn but melts gumming up the detonator pin Crying or Very sad

BTW Claymore, did you use Mg shavings off a starter block or Mg powder for this Question

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: muzzle flash S&W 459   muzzle flash S&W 459 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:44 am

I used the powder as i have a tub left and dont use it much, no idea where to get more from though. As for the wad well you know the covering DVD players and electronic kit come wrapped in, i have that kind of material but much thinner it came as packing material for something i bought, anyway its thin enough to burn without leaving a residue not sure what i will use when its gone as i dont have much of it.
Getting a flash is fun but too time consuming to do to often.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: muzzle flash S&W 459   muzzle flash S&W 459 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:52 am

Thanks Clay'

Yes, I used that stuff from packaging electronic equipment etc. I do have some thinner bits now that came in parcels from Japan Very Happy
I'll have to try it, if ever I have time to fire something Shocked

Oh yes of course, the powder supplier closed rather abruptly didn't he Exclamation There could be another on the 'net somewhere, I don't suppose a High Street Chemist would sell it would they Question

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: muzzle flash S&W 459   muzzle flash S&W 459 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:41 pm

Claymore .. a guy in the group will sort you out with EDIT "powdered flash mixture" ..it has to be face to face though as the stuff is illegal to post .

Last edited by DOC on Fri May 15, 2009 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GZ22
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 55
Location / Country : Newcastle, UK

PostSubject: Re: muzzle flash S&W 459   muzzle flash S&W 459 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:09 pm

Just to be clear here chaps, and also to be safe: When you refer to 'flash powder' is that a term you are using to refer to powdered Mg or another product? As there is a pyrotechnic composition named 'flash powder' that is actually an explosive and is *very* different from Mg alone.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: muzzle flash S&W 459   muzzle flash S&W 459 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Cheers Doc will have a word at next event. GZ22 straight Mg powder i was very carefull what i was going to put in the round as we all know just how fragile these things are withought adding anymore stress.
Back to top Go down
GZ22
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 55
Location / Country : Newcastle, UK

PostSubject: Re: muzzle flash S&W 459   muzzle flash S&W 459 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:38 pm

Good man. Stay safe! Keep your models and yourself in one piece!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: muzzle flash S&W 459   muzzle flash S&W 459 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

muzzle flash S&W 459
Page 1 of 1