MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Replica Grenade Launchers

Go down 
+3
DOC
claymore
8ace
7 posters
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Replica Grenade Launchers Empty
PostSubject: Replica Grenade Launchers   Replica Grenade Launchers Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:19 pm

I just thought i'd check.....

But are replica grenade launchers RPG-7, M72, M79 and the panserfaust classed as firearms under the VCR Question

8ace
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Replica Grenade Launchers   Replica Grenade Launchers Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:45 pm

cant swear to it but i dont think they are but will ask i guy i know who should know and get back to you
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: Replica Grenade Launchers   Replica Grenade Launchers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 3:02 pm

only one I would query is the M79 as it could be mistaken for a gun possibly by some genius cyclops

the rest are very non gun looking so no probs

DOC
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Replica Grenade Launchers   Replica Grenade Launchers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:52 pm

cheers guys

just thogut i'd check as some of the laws regarding grenade launchers (deact as well as replica) are differant to gun/firearm laws...sort of scratch

8ace
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

PostSubject: Re: Replica Grenade Launchers   Replica Grenade Launchers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:57 pm

I somehow got on these guys mailing list, but take a look at their grenade launchers, I think they look great fun.
http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/images/rap4-revolver-grenade-launcher-p-931.html
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Replica Grenade Launchers   Replica Grenade Launchers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:31 pm

lol!

tooo much gassssss Exclamation I’m not going paint balling with them No

The RPG7 from modelgunsworldwide looks great Very Happy but as we all know sometimes what they look like on tinternet can lead to a disappointment when they are in your hands Crying or Very sad

Has anybody had any experiences with these Question

8ace
Back to top Go down
jonrms

Number of posts : 42
Location / Country : England UK
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Replica Grenade Launchers   Replica Grenade Launchers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:42 am

Can I ask what is the law regarding paint ball rifles, pistols etc.....

I have thought long and hard and I might start doing it.. but some of those..if you click on the package deal thing.. are very realistic..
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Replica Grenade Launchers   Replica Grenade Launchers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:48 am

Thought I'd bring this topic up again following a discussion I had elsewhere... I'd brought up 8ace's question and got this reply:-

as what you describe is a Section V firearm under the Firearms Laws of the UK - Quote: "a mortar, bazooka, rocket propelled grenade or similar large calibre
military firearm designed to fire an explosive or projectile or any
other similar prescribed firearm;"

So a replica is a Realistic Imitation Firearm........

Is this correct Question

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Replica Grenade Launchers   Replica Grenade Launchers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:15 am

Cerwyn wrote:

as what you describe is a Section V firearm under the Firearms Laws of the UK -
Quote:
"a mortar, bazooka, rocket propelled grenade or similar large calibre
military firearm designed to fire an explosive or projectile or any
other similar prescribed firearm;"
So a replica is a Realistic Imitation Firearm........
Is this correct Question
It would be interesting to check the details - sometimes a small omission/extra word in law can change what happens with classification.
For starters you would need to lookup legal definitions of "firearm", "rpg", "mortar" and "bazooka".

Why?

Example: in Poland weapons are forbidden (more precisely: you need a permit, which is practically impossible to get).
You can possess airsoft/bb guns as long as they propel projectile only with compressed gas and that projectile energy is under 17J.
You can also possess a blank firer up to 6mm caliber without permits.

Now, there is a company that sells revolvers where bb is propelled by a 6mm blank.
Yep, a blank.
It seemed to be illegal, as projectile is propelled by "explosive" and should fall under firearms definition.

However, legal definition of "explosive" found elsewhere distinguishes between explosives and primers. Primer (what you find in a 6mm blank) is not considered to be explosive, as it doesn't burn - it undergoes a different chemical reaction. It is therefore legal (even if borderline legal). BB is propelled by "compressed gasses" released after primer is struck, conforming to legal definition of a bb gun. Energy is under 17J limit.
Weird, isn't it?
This contraption was tested by the Army Firearms Institute and they have concluded that this is not a weapon from legal point of view.

You can legally buy this "bb revolver" without any permit for ~100GBP in two versions: shooting either bb (steel balls) or rubber ball.

In this case, however, you have a company that stands behind the product in case you have problems. It would be probably more difficult to prove that a one-off (those are usually not mass-produced) replica RPG is not a weapon.

(PS: sorry for a partial off-topic, I hope this shows how weird laws can be)
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Replica Grenade Launchers   Replica Grenade Launchers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:27 am

Thanks smootik Wink

No need to apologise, that's a very interesting point and not off-topic at all.

I did start to wonder when I saw avertisments for replica PIAT Anti Tank weapons being offered painted red to fall into the VCRA's Non Replica category, or Olive Green which would've made it a RIF and subject to the VCRA...

You're absolutely right, one word can make such a difference when applying these Laws.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Replica Grenade Launchers   Replica Grenade Launchers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 12:27 pm

Ah firearms laws..... dont you just lov'em No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replica Grenade Launchers   Replica Grenade Launchers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replica Grenade Launchers
Page 1 of 1