MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?

Go down 
+2
smootik
Kroenen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kroenen

Number of posts : 10
Location / Country : NY, USA
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?  Empty
PostSubject: Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?    Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:21 am

I was looking around and was wondering who makes the best replica MP44's. I noticed some were around $1800 and some were around $200-$300, but they were airsoft.

Does anyone here own such a replica? If so please post pics & thoughts, thanks!
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?    Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:00 am

There are two good MP44 models that I know of. The high quality one is a dummy modelgun made by Shoei. It's fully metal, and while I do not have one (yet, I hope) I can highly recommend Shoei's models for their workmanship and accuracy. It is fairly expensive though, going well over 1000$.
This forum has a whole section dedicated to that model, you can find pictures etc in there:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/f34-shoei-mp44

The most popular model is an airsoft version made by AGM. It is fairly cheap and good enough to become a hit with reconstructors. This model has been reviewed in a thread listed below. You can post detailed questions there, to keep all information in one piece for easier finding Smile
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t1533-agm-chinese-made-mp44

Last edited by smootik on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : splling)
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?    Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:35 am

I really liked my MP44 as a cheap knock-about reasonable replica. But I've just sold it to put a deposit on a Shoei MP44; I guess I'm like Cerwyn: the electric motors just don't "do it for me"!

My ex-MP44 Airsoft BB gun
Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?  Stg44Airsoft
Nothing quite like the clunk of metal parts when you cock the gun and then pull the trigger! 'Very Happy'

But the price is a "killer"! 'Sad'

SHOEI MP44
Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?  Mp44_side_wwii

Kiwigunner

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?    Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 1:15 pm

Shoei's MP44 is as close as you're likely to get to an accurate model of this iconic assault rifle.

If you're after realism, model that looks, feels like the real thing, strips apart exactly like the real thing, will cycle dummy or inert real MP44 cartridges, then the Shoei is the one to go for.
Shoei also made PFC cap firing versions.

There are Nitroair powered bb firing Shoei '44s too. These have blowback mechanisms powered by external supplied Nitroair tanks.

The most accurate version is probably the Dummy cartridge version in my opinion.

That said, whichever version you go for Shoeis are expensive, very expensive.

AGMs electric Airsoft model is much cheaper to buy. There are one or two small inaccuracies, e.g. the fire selector switch is not as per the real deal. The internals are completely different so field stripping is a World apart.
They can be made to look exceptionally good, Reenactors use them as display or "prop" weapons. Some work done to restain the woodwork, some careful weathering and re-bluing of the metalwork can create a very impressive and convincing replica for considerably less money than a Shoei.
Whatever you lose in internal realism is replaced by the ability to fire 6mm bbs even if the electric motor driving the mechanism sounds "odd"

It depends what you want it for, if accuracy to the original and quality build are your priority, go for the Shoei.

If you want one that looks 99% realistic, will get knocked about a little perhaps, and can fire bbs at targets the AGM could be a good option.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.

Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Kroenen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?    Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:45 pm

I'm not into BB's, but the cap firing versions do sound nice.

How much do the shoes go for? Cheapest place to find them?

Funny thing is in the middle east the real MP43/44 can be purchased for around $400-$800 for a nice one.

When I was there the real MP38/40's, MP43/44's and K98's were not common, but not rare either. You can find them at any local gunshop.

They were not popular due to their old school technology.

The reason they went for so little money, because there's no collector market for them over there and most (Arabs) don't know they are highly collectible in the West.

Back to top Go down
Richard Jones
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 134
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?    Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:07 am

I like Cerwyn am lucky now to own a Shoei MP44-couldnt afford it as for a "toy" it was a hell of a lot of money but took the plunge anyway.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?    Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:20 pm

Kroenen wrote:
Funny thing is in the middle east the real MP43/44 can be purchased for around $400-$800 for a nice one.

When I was there the real MP38/40's, MP43/44's and K98's were not common, but not rare either. You can find them at any local gunshop.

The reason they went for so little money, because there's no collector market for them over there and most (Arabs) don't know they are highly collectible in the West.

Are they the real deal from Germany (military surplus) or repros made in the Middle East?
Back to top Go down
Kroenen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?    Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:12 pm

jim wrote:
Kroenen wrote:

Are they the real deal from Germany (military surplus) or repros made in the Middle East?

No, the real deal! They had the german bird, dates like 1939, 1940-45, etc, etc. Really kool stuff over there. Arabs have a fetish for things made in Germany. They feel that if u want quality made things then u have to buy German made goods only. Mentality they have I guess.

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?    Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:30 pm

Kroenen wrote:
Unfortunately these seem to be as rare as unicorns. I've tried to find one, but did not succeed - check out this thread:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t1446-shoei-mp44-airsoft-modelgun-is-there-pfc-version
Back to top Go down
Kroenen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?    Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Shoei seems amazingly real, but a hefty price tag it comes with. Anyone here know who has the cheapest price?
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?    Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 5:23 am

Kroenen wrote:
No, the real deal! They had the german bird, dates like 1939, 1940-45, etc, etc. Really kool stuff over there. Arabs have a fetish for things made in Germany. They feel that if u want quality made things then u have to buy German made goods only. Mentality they have I guess.

Thanks Kroenen! I love German technology as well: especially guns & cars... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?    Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 5:31 am

smootik wrote:
Kroenen wrote:
Unfortunately these seem to be as rare as unicorns. I've tried to find one, but did not succeed - check out this thread:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t1446-shoei-mp44-airsoft-modelgun-is-there-pfc-version

Have been told the pfc firing performance of Shoei's guns is no better than Hudson's AK47 (i.e. with frequent jams caused by unsmooth feeding ramp as well as the heavy bolt it's better to treat it as "single-shot" modelgun) therefore Shoei face the fact and drop further cap-firing plan...

Also you might not want to fire such expensive toy - keep in mind of spare part supply Wink ...

Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?    Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 5:34 am

Kroenen wrote:
Shoei seems amazingly real, but a hefty price tag it comes with. Anyone here know who has the cheapest price?

Got mine a brand new one locally for HKD$7,800 (USD$1000) - but it happened some 2 years ago so don't expect current price stay the same...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?    Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone here own a replica Sturmgewehr MP43/44 Replica?
Page 1 of 1