MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) Empty
PostSubject: From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2)   From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 7:12 am

Before I continued I should show the details of the "spy gun" that I spotted in Wa Shan (or Hwasan...whatever) shop...

From Taiwan's Yahoo! Auction (instead of the Original MP40 forum):
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) Epic617-img600x450-1206027870epic617_img600x450_1201885844____1_4-9
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) Epic617-img600x450-1206027870epic617_img600x450_1201885845____2_4-10
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) Epic617-img600x450-1206027870epic617_img600x450_1201885297____3_9-9

My opinion - it is nonetheless an interesting Wa Shan production...but since I buy the guns mainly for the looks so it isn't as appealing as others (shame some thugs in Taiwan already modify these guns for their activities).

Only half the price of the normal Wa Shan guns and I was tempted to buy when I visited their second shop near the night market - it was the last evening of the visit and I ran out of Taiwanese dollars!

OK - I ended up getting these from Wa Shan:
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL380977
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL380980

Basically it stated "This product uses the "non-firing pin" design so unable to strike the primer. Falls outside the "Gun Act 20-1 clause" - yeah RIGHT...optional metal firing pin block are freely available for replacement...

I got the silver Beretta M84 because it was long out-of-stock so I'd no options (therefore I'll not emphasise this gun here) - I'll stress on the full-metal Colt SAA (copied direct from Hudson).

From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL380995
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL380998
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL381014
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL381015
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL381019
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL381021
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL381023
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL381024
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL381004
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL381010
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL381018
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL381020
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL381022
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL380996
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL381012

Not a really nice gun (among it the not too serious markings, discoluring on the cylinder and the poor polishing on the surface) but what the heck it was the last one in stock so I scooped it...

Something seems to have stuffed together with the 6 reusable rounds for my M84:
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL380999
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL381006
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL381005

10 disposable blanks! It is too good to be missed - supposed I've to dispose it but I think I've to find a way to take it back to HK for my collection...very carefully!

Here are the other goodies from Wa Shan...
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL380983
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) SL380992
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) DSC09918
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) DSC09917
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) DSC09916
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) DSC09920
From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) DSC09921

Above is the ABS M84 slide - it costed only slightly cheaper than the metal slide but this is very useful when I board the plane...

Next I'll tell how I dealt with the "aftermath" of this impulsive shopping spree on these "not-so-legal" items...
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1236
Location / Country : London

PostSubject: Re: From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2)   From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 3:10 pm

Jim, i would of bought the peacemaker as well mate, not as you say the best looking one in the world but i did not even know they did one never seen it before, the 84 looks really nice and i want one of those and i really want to get my hands on thoise disposables.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2)   From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:07 pm

I'm still envious of the fact that Jim can walk into a shop, browse, choose and buy modelguns over the counter Exclamation Very Happy
It's probably fortunate I can't do so... I'd be spending money like crazy

Thanks for all your photos Jim, it takes a lot of time to post them on here. Good photos like these give us a real idea what these models are like.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 617
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

PostSubject: Re: From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2)   From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:56 pm

Jim,

You haven't got these back into HK, yet?

God lord, be careful!

Good luck, too.

What is the relevance of all the writing on the spare slide?

JJ
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2)   From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:26 pm

pitfighter wrote:

What is the relevance of all the writing on the spare slide?
It looks like protective foil to avoid scratches.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2)   From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 3:05 pm

The sticker on the slide is the same on what was written on the M84 box (i.e. declaring this slide is made with the "non-primer" design - which means it's a TOY).

Not a protective foil at all smootik - the plastic slide itself is already "crude" enough with scratches (and most importantly there aren't that many of these plastic slides because their main purpose is to cheat the authorities so basically only one for display is already more than enough Twisted Evil ).

By the way I want to find out everybody's opinion: who are interested in that "spy-gun" shown above? Please let me know here... Very Happy

Cerwyn - I also envy most of the Americans who can simply walk into a gun shop with all the live assault rifles and shotguns (usually semi-autos but for some states full-autos as well) hanging on the wall while hundreds of handguns all inside the glass cabinets...but not anymore at the moment 'cos the Americans buy-up all the guns & ammos before Obama's going to do something silly about it...

Seriously for everybody here - try to plan a trip to Tokyo some times in life for the gun shops (better for those selling used guns as well like "UNCLE GUN") - I can still remember the excitements...

And I get off-topic myself here on my own thread...!!!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2)   From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 6:21 pm

Hi Jim,

I like the "spy-gun" for it's novelty value Wink If it's based on a real weapon then it would make a good topic for conversation wouldn't it Question

If it wasn't too expensive I'd even consider buying one.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 617
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

PostSubject: Re: From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2)   From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:47 pm

The spy gun is interesting, I have seen the cell phones that fire multiple .22lr bullets in the same manner (on youtube actually).
But it's quite large not to be disguised as something else, would it fit in a pack of cigarettes?
A pen gun would be easier to disguise.

If you have to get so close, a poisoned needle or point would seem to make more sense, less attention, noisy.

I'm not an assassin so I'm not really qualified to judge, lol.

I think as a modelgun it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, but as Cerwyn says, a conversation piece nontheless.

JJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2)   From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From Taiwan with Guns: Wa Shan (2)
Page 1 of 1