MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New batch of Wa Shan Guns

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

New batch of Wa Shan Guns Empty
PostSubject: New batch of Wa Shan Guns   New batch of Wa Shan Guns Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 7:14 am

Just like to share with you guys that a small new batch of Wa Shan pistols appear in HK shops and quality seems to be slightly better than before - cannot miss this chance so I grabbed two:

New batch of Wa Shan Guns 221120114010
New batch of Wa Shan Guns 221120114011
New batch of Wa Shan Guns 281120114111
New batch of Wa Shan Guns 281120114109
New batch of Wa Shan Guns 031220114171

Note: P220 based on Tanaka & G27 based on both Tanaka & Marui (s/n plate as the trigger safety just like the airsoft).

Tanaka have yet release a P220 in stainless so for this I'll give Wa Shan a "like"!

Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 389
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: New batch of Wa Shan Guns   New batch of Wa Shan Guns Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 7:37 am

Thanks Jim, this is a good news!!

It will be a P220 for me, thank you...
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: New batch of Wa Shan Guns   New batch of Wa Shan Guns Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 8:46 am

On photos they look do a bit better than the previous ones. I would go for Glock, don't have a model one yet (and not a real too, obviously).
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: New batch of Wa Shan Guns   New batch of Wa Shan Guns Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 4:39 am

At least a "plus" for the surface finish Wink ...
Back to top Go down
josh676
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 180
Location / Country : Australia
Registration date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: New batch of Wa Shan Guns   New batch of Wa Shan Guns Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:59 am

Oh it looks so beautiful in black! It just makes me want to put a 17 round magazine on it.

Can I get some more info on this please? I am looking at importing one from Dentrinity, but just need to know if it conforms to the standards of Model guns, ie it could never ever fire a blank, or live round. Is it made out of Zinc? I'm not too sure about the silver, I think I'll stick with black!

is the barrel plastic, or metal?
Back to top Go down
josh676
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: New batch of Wa Shan Guns   New batch of Wa Shan Guns Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:28 pm

Are these dummy guns?
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: New batch of Wa Shan Guns   New batch of Wa Shan Guns Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Read reviews under "Wa Shan" brand, this should answer a lot of your questions.
There is a review of Sig P220, Beretta M84, Glock 17 and other models:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2134-list-of-reviews
Back to top Go down
josh676
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: New batch of Wa Shan Guns   New batch of Wa Shan Guns Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Cheers, so from what I can gather they are dummy guns,but the firing block can be replaced, to make it a model gun again. I can't really see any barrell blockages on the reviews I looked at, are they made out of a low quality metal? And the new ones have plastic barrels is that right?
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: New batch of Wa Shan Guns   New batch of Wa Shan Guns Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:11 am

Hi Josh Very Happy - further to the firing pin block: only those sold domestically in Taiwan are solid...and those sold in HK (or simply "Export Version" - nowadays only available through Den & UN) all fitted with working firing pin and ready to rock New batch of Wa Shan Guns 1498934320

The barrel blockage: very crudely made - see if I can post a photo here showing how it looks...and: yes, these guns are made with something slightly better than pot metal and no, new guns don't necessarily comes with plastic barrel (at least all the ones that I got here from HK comes with metal barrel)...

Nice to see another Aussie on board Very Happy ...
Back to top Go down
josh676
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: New batch of Wa Shan Guns   New batch of Wa Shan Guns Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:56 am

Aussie aussie aussie! lol I'll b e moving to a country with better gun laws soon! Mate if you could get some more pictures for me of that it would be great, I'd really like to import one, but if it could ever be made to fire a shot I won't even bother trying, I'd need the plastic model version... WAs a model gun ever made other than the Glock 17 and 18 by tanaka and Wa Shan?
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: New batch of Wa Shan Guns   New batch of Wa Shan Guns Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:29 am

As far as I know only Tanaka and Wa Shan made Glock modelguns. CAW made a conversion of Tanaka G17 to G18, too.
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 389
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: New batch of Wa Shan Guns   New batch of Wa Shan Guns Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:19 pm

If I can add something, for me, only caw and Tanaka make Glock. The Wa Shan Glock is quite..... ugly. I love the Wa Shan M9 or P220 but the Glock, beurk!
I think you only find Tanaka model, caw is very hard to find.
Maybe I can sell you my G18.
bye
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: New batch of Wa Shan Guns   New batch of Wa Shan Guns Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:57 pm

josh676 wrote:
Aussie aussie aussie! lol I'll b e moving to a country with better gun laws soon! Mate if you could get some more pictures for me of that it would be great, I'd really like to import one, but if it could ever be made to fire a shot I won't even bother trying, I'd need the plastic model version... WAs a model gun ever made other than the Glock 17 and 18 by tanaka and Wa Shan?

There're times that I want to move to NZ (less after Port Arthur - more after Monash: sick & tired of bloody Howard Evil or Very Mad ) but due to various factors I've move back to HK...anyway my Wa Shan G27 from the muzzle:

New batch of Wa Shan Guns 070820125612

As you can see - sparks & smoke can only escape through the 1 & 11 o'clock area (the silver shown is the blocked area)...also the barrel wall is made extremely thin (a self-regulated move after countless amount were illegally converted in Taiwan) so basically it's easier to make your own barrel...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New batch of Wa Shan Guns   New batch of Wa Shan Guns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New batch of Wa Shan Guns
Page 1 of 1