MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GBB Shellejectors Small Collection

Go down 
+2
smootik
Pydracor
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2008-09-10

GBB Shellejectors Small Collection Empty
PostSubject: GBB Shellejectors Small Collection   GBB Shellejectors Small Collection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 5:36 pm

Decided to go for shellejecting Airsoftguns. Not sure if these really are interesting for this forum... if they are: Feel free to ask any questions Smile
Videos coming soon (hopefully).

First up: Marushin Kar98K. Quality is ok (like with almost all Marushin guns I know, they all have their flaws), a lot of metal and real wood stock. The shell system is rigid and works flawlessly, so this really is a LOT of fun!
GBB Shellejectors Small Collection MarushinKar98K01

Marui MP5A3 Shellejector. Rare and rather sought after, but quality is VERY low, as this was built by Marui based on one of their cheap springers. It's mechanism has nothing to do with the real counterpart, there's just a small lever, that flicks out the shells, when you fire. Works in fullauto though, so it's pretty awesome Very Happy
GBB Shellejectors Small Collection Marui%20MP5%20Shellejector

Maruzen M870. Quality is very solid, even though it's externally mostly made of ABS. Rigid pump mechanism, you can even do the one handed "Terminator flick". Amazing sound and, like every shellejector, much fun to use. Quite a bit cheaper than the (fullmetal) shellejecting M870s manufactured by Tanaka, but pretty hard to come by nowadays.
GBB Shellejectors Small Collection M870%20Review%20Komplett%202

The rarest gun in my collection: First generation Marushin M1 Carbine Shellejector in the semiautomatic version. Marushin made quite a few M1 Carbine Shellejectors which had to be repeated manually, but those semiautomatic M1s are rare as hell. Has a seperate gastank for the blowback/shellejection, so you can operate it without actually shooting BBs. Quality is not bad, plastic externally, real wood stock, metal internals. Shooting power is very low, but then again: Who get's something like that for shooting power? Wink
GBB Shellejectors Small Collection Marushin%20M1%20kompl

And the last gun, got that only a week ago: Marushin M1887 Guard's Gun. Didn't like that sawed off "Terminator 2" version, so I got the long one. It has real wood furniture, ABS body and barrel and metal internals. Totally different feeling to use this gun, it's the first underlever I have - brings so much fun to have the shells flying out the rear of the gun Very Happy
GBB Shellejectors Small Collection MarushinM188701
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: GBB Shellejectors Small Collection   GBB Shellejectors Small Collection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 8:25 pm

Great photos!

Shell ejecting GBBs are (for me) the next best thing to modelguns. Even if not as realistic, they give enough fun :-)
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: GBB Shellejectors Small Collection   GBB Shellejectors Small Collection Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 2:14 am

Any gun that looks like a gun, and works like a gun, is fine for me!
Very nice photos too.

Tell us some more.........
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: GBB Shellejectors Small Collection   GBB Shellejectors Small Collection Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:05 pm

Nice collection and great photos too Wink

I like the "Videos to follow" comment... looking forwards to seeing those Very Happy

I REALLY like the look of the K98 and that M1 Carbine, beautiful or What Exclamation

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: GBB Shellejectors Small Collection   GBB Shellejectors Small Collection Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:08 pm

Terrific collection, well done.

Wasn't there a Walther SMG shell ejector softair, at one time, too?
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 240
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA

PostSubject: Re: GBB Shellejectors Small Collection   GBB Shellejectors Small Collection Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 3:31 am

Was and is- I've got one, although I still need to fix it- the ejector doesn't quite line up with the rim of the rounds, sadly. Also doesn't work with real spent brass the way the MP5 did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

PostSubject: Re: GBB Shellejectors Small Collection   GBB Shellejectors Small Collection Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:24 pm

If anyone's interested, I'm going to have to downsize my collection... which includes one of those MP5s that is currently needing fixing, and one of the Walthers that just needs an adjustment so the ejector lines up better.

GBB Shellejectors Small Collection WaltherMP

Have you ever tried other shells in those Maruzen shotguns? I've got both the M870 and M1000, but I wish I could use shells that weren't blue, since blue's a symbol for inert training replica, and I use these as props. They aren't proper 12ga size, but maybe some other gauge, or some other brand of airsoft shells?

I like the Kar rifle- works with stripper clips too, although not as smoothly as the real thing probably. Feels much more solid than the Super-9 shell ejecting rifles I've also got.

GBB Shellejectors Small Collection 1100
GBB Shellejectors Small Collection Huntorsnipe

Then there's also the RAP paintball markers that eject .43 tubular casings:
GBB Shellejectors Small Collection RAP5

and the cap firing shell ejecting cheapie airsoft electric semi-auto M4s.
GBB Shellejectors Small Collection M4capair
(repainted).
They look better if you alter the mag to look full size, too:
GBB Shellejectors Small Collection M4capairflat
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: GBB Shellejectors Small Collection   GBB Shellejectors Small Collection Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Thanks for your comments everyone, glad you like those guns Smile

I definately plan to make some videos, just have to wait for a friend to lend me his (pretty good) camera. Then they'll be up in no time.

@ Fight Designer:
You mentioned, that you'd sell the MP5 before, I might be interested in that and in the MPL, too, but it's a pain in the a** to import airsoft guns to Germany. Out of curiosity: What would you ask for those two shell ejectors?

I only recently got a handful of deactivated real shotgun shells and only then did I realize, that the Maruzen Shells are smaller in diameter, as you mentioned...
There are not many alternatives I know of. Tanaka Shotguns use shells, too, but I don't know their size (yet) - even if they fit, they are very expensive, as they have a gastank inside.
Then there are those "magazine shells" for Marui shotguns (SPAS12 and M3). They are red or green and not too expensive but I don't know the size of those either...

I think, the best bet would be to file the Maruzen shells down a bit, so that they are even smaller in diameter and then glue a red "paper" around them. Or spray them red Wink
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: GBB Shellejectors Small Collection   GBB Shellejectors Small Collection Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:03 am

Fun stuff, good luck with the selling fightdesigner, shame to let things go, I know how that can feel.

Nice photo's pyrodactor!

JJ
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

PostSubject: Re: GBB Shellejectors Small Collection   GBB Shellejectors Small Collection Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 7:55 pm

I'd let the MP5 go for cheap, since I know I don't have time or skill to fix it right now. Say $50 plus shipping. Not bad at all, since I paid something like $300 for it. Embarassed

The MPL, since it's still basically functional, would be more- say $225 plus shipping.

Ya know, somewhere I've got one of the modelgun pump shotguns that also broke... I should see if those shells fit in the Maruzen...
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: GBB Shellejectors Small Collection   GBB Shellejectors Small Collection Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:33 am

Give me some time to think about it, fightdesigner, I might decide to take one of those or both off your hands...
Does your MPL really have the folding stock shown in the picture above?

Got me a new baby for my shellejector collection yesterday: A Daisy / Maruzen Remington Wingmaster M870.
Daisy, the probably most successful manufacturer of airguns, wanted to have a piece of the cake, when airsoft became more popular in the US in the early 80s. They imported Maruzen airsoftguns (ALL of them springpowered shellejectors) and put the name "Daisy" on them.
They stopped selling those in 1987, so every Daisy airsoftgun you find is
a) a Maruzen (except for their MP5, which is a FTC) and
b) about 22 - 25 years old which is VERY old in airsoft-years Smile

As a fan of classics and shellejectors I just HAD to get this thing, when I got the opportunity.
It's almost completely plastic, creaks and whobbles in every place, has the most buttugly "woodimitation" that I have ever seen (in fact, stock and grip are just plain brown) and the power is totally laughable. But well, it's the 25 year old grandfather of modern shelldriven airsoft-shotguns, so the collector in me doesn't care Wink Oh, and the shells are NOT blue! Very Happy

GBB Shellejectors Small Collection DaisyMaruzenM870
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GBB Shellejectors Small Collection   GBB Shellejectors Small Collection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GBB Shellejectors Small Collection
Page 1 of 1