MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SIG P250 DCc - is it a good gun?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

SIG P250 DCc - is it a good gun? Empty
PostSubject: SIG P250 DCc - is it a good gun?   SIG P250 DCc - is it a good gun? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 8:05 pm

This has been chosen by the Hong Kong Police as the new standard sidearm for plain-clothed detectives (replacing the good old Colt Detective Special - production ceased since 1996):

SIG P250 DCc - is it a good gun? 250
SIG P250 DCc - is it a good gun? 250-1
SIG P250 DCc - is it a good gun? 250-2
SIG P250 DCc - is it a good gun? 2-tone250
SIG P250 DCc - is it a good gun? SIGP2502-tone

Obviously only the blued one will be used by the force (personally the 2-tone one looks much better) - these 2 pistols are modified: pics taken from a well-known theatrical weapon supplier in HK and they'd ordered 10 pcs for film productions so far...noted the constricted bore:

SIG P250 DCc - is it a good gun? P250

So now: any opinion on this new offering from SIG? The Hong Kong Police Force is brave enough to become the first law enforcement group ever to choose this model...

I always feel the Glocks are already good enough (and most importantly much cheaper) for the HK environment - and that's what happens when a flatulent Police Commissioner was appointed (he set all these up before his term's over)...
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

PostSubject: Re: SIG P250 DCc - is it a good gun?   SIG P250 DCc - is it a good gun? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 5:48 am

Sig handguns have a fiercely loyal following, there are shooters who own no other hand-guns.

I am a huge fan of the P210.

Personal aesthetic taste or individual ergonomic preferences aside, this hand-gun is probably as fine as any modern handgun out there.

IMHO.

JJ

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=92386

(the picture is of a collection of about thirty sig handguns)
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: SIG P250 DCc - is it a good gun?   SIG P250 DCc - is it a good gun? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:47 am

Tks Jesse for the link - I like SIGs as well but I'll prefer Beretta if I want to collect 30 pcs from the same maker...

For some reasons I hate the rails on all the new P22X series...but then it looks fine on other SIGs such as SP2022 and this P250 (the same goes to certain models from other makers such as Glock and H&K USP - they look nice with the rails).

Further - the prop 250 shown above are the US version (note the sharper edge on the top of the slides) - the "authentic" German version have a nicer & rounder edge...also "SIG P250 DCc" are stamped on the German ones while the Americans skipped the "DCc"...

I'm still unable to see this gun getting popular among the real steel world despite of been displayed on numerous gun shows around the globe over the last 2 years... Question

Maybe the HK Police should follow suit of the Malaysian Police choosing Walther P99 (this had been considered before but finally SIG got the contract - but some says the P99 decocker can be disastrous at times)...

I always wonder if SIG P226 somehow won the US Army contract (i.e. worldwide popularity guaranteed without doubt like the M16) then will Bruce Willis & Mel Gibson have a P226 on their hands instead of the M92F? Had been told that gun makers will somehow "sponsor" their guns to Bapty & Stembridge back then (i.e. comparatively low priced but extremely effective worldwide promotion) - is this really the case?
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

PostSubject: Re: SIG P250 DCc - is it a good gun?   SIG P250 DCc - is it a good gun? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:27 am

Gun makers, are usually always open to great deals if you're showing their firearm and/or naming it in a movie, or showing their logo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SIG P250 DCc - is it a good gun?   SIG P250 DCc - is it a good gun? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SIG P250 DCc - is it a good gun?
Page 1 of 1