MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to take photo catching ejecting cartridge when firing ?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

How to take photo catching ejecting cartridge when firing ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to take photo catching ejecting cartridge when firing ?   How to take photo catching ejecting cartridge when firing ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 2:08 pm

****Originally posted by claymore****

Hi mark unfortunatly it is the bolt itself there is a small pin that goes through the bolt and holds the metal extractor in place the abs around this pin is very thin and it just does not seem to be able to cope with the impact and force put on it.
My automag has on a number of occasions gone full auto for about 3 rounds, which sounds great but the force put on this thin bit of plastic is to much and it cracks if you keep firing then the whole bolt in this area falls apart.

This has also happened after just a few rounds, if it had only happened to one bolt fine but 4 so far it has to be a flaw.

The MGC automag is a great looking model and when it fires its superb but the fear of the bolt breaking again has stopped me firing it anymore untill i can find a way of getting around this problem.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: How to take photo catching ejecting cartridge when firing ?   How to take photo catching ejecting cartridge when firing ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 2:08 pm

****Originally posted by mark****

claymore,

If you could take a picture of the broken bolt, and post it, I could get an idea of how to fix it properly. I might be able to fix one of the broken bolts, do you still have any of the broken spares around?

If I where you, I wouldn't fire any more rounds from it until we figure something out on the bolt fix.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: How to take photo catching ejecting cartridge when firing ?   How to take photo catching ejecting cartridge when firing ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 2:09 pm

****Originally posted by claymore****

Yes Mark i do have spare bolts, i will take a photo and post.

I have tried to fix them with a new glue i found which sets like steel, it's worked on other stuff but i have not put them back in the gun to try. The automag is a pain to to take the bolt out the whole gun has to come apart, same when you want to cleal the barrel pin.

I have another new bolt arriving but i most certainaly will not be firing the gun.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: How to take photo catching ejecting cartridge when firing ?   How to take photo catching ejecting cartridge when firing ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 2:09 pm

****Originally posted by mark****

Hi claymore, that would be great if you can post the pictures of the broken bolts for me to see as I can try to figure out a good method to repair the bolt.

I know what you mean about the dissasembly of the Auto-Mag it's not easy is it?

When you think about it maybe the all metal Marushin Auto-Mag sounds better all of the time!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: How to take photo catching ejecting cartridge when firing ?   How to take photo catching ejecting cartridge when firing ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 2:10 pm

****Originally posted by tancor****

Hi Claymore,

Thanks for the kind words! It's not a top of the line digital camera, more in the high end consumer / prosumer ramge - it's a Canon Digital Rebel (AKA 300D) w/ a 28-300 zoom and a fairly powerful flash.

I hope to start making some stands for my model guns out of acrylic for taking pictures and storage... better then my hand sticking in the frame

I think I have my MP40 jam free now (still testing before I put my humble order in for Mark to build the part I need so I can ask for any changes before he actually manufactures it), so I hope to take some pics of it firing soon.

-Tony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to take photo catching ejecting cartridge when firing ?   How to take photo catching ejecting cartridge when firing ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to take photo catching ejecting cartridge when firing ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2