MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews

Go down 
+6
jim
army64
Cerwyn
JohnnyV
yellow
Dollanganger
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Dollanganger
Dollanganger

Number of posts : 33
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews   Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:46 pm

As most of us seem to surf E-Bay on a regular basis you’ve probably noticed the large number of products coming from Denix Corp. of Spain.

They seem to be making MP40s and recently AK47s.

The first thing to catch your attention is the low prices, $200-$400 USD.

The second is that they use real metal (what kind?)

They do not fire anything but have working parts such a working bolt and triggers system. The magazines eject and the stocks fold but they cannot be fully field stripped in the same detail a Marushin, Tanaka, or Shoei.

These models seem like a good buy since they’re real metal. Any opinions?

Do they take real MP40 or AK47 mags?

The other up and coming company seems to be Keystone Arsenal Replicas in the USA. Their models look similar to Denix’s. Real metal, moving parts, but they do not function for firing or ejecting shells.

Their MP44 is dirt cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MP-44-Replica-METAL-prop-dummy-gun-rifle-FIXED-WOOD-STK_W0QQitemZ150374555548QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2303059f9c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Any opinions?
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

Number of posts : 208
Location / Country : Belgium
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews   Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:55 pm

If you use the search function, you will find many threads about the denix replicas.
They are cheap, but I'm not crazy about them myself. I've had an AK47, but I've sold it again.
These guns are good as wall hangers, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Keystone   Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews   Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:13 am

Yellow sums up the Denix range of replicas quite nicely, nice wall hangers, they can look quite impressive, there's a huge range but if you want a replica that functions, Denix models will probably be a dissapointment. Metals used for manufacture are low grade zinc alloys
usually
There are indeed several threads here on Denix, try this one...

The Keystone Arsenal Replicas are, from what I've read here, far superior in quality although they too are non-functioning replicas.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
army64

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : US
Registration date : 2012-03-14

PostSubject: Keystone Replicas   Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:22 pm

I would like to warn folks I ordered 3 items from Keystone Replicas, a 45, a Thompson and a STEN, once the order was in I heard nothing from them. They don't respond to Emails or phone calls once the order is in. The STEN I received had the cocking lever on the wrong side, they did replace it, but it was a pain in azz. the other pieces are Denix so lot of better dealers offer those .I had to go to Paypal to settle the mess...All in all it was a very bad experience. Good luck
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews   Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:54 am

I was just about to raise this issue...first time for me to order 4 guns from Keystone in the middle of last month - Greg had responded a couple of times that my order takes time to handle though...so hopefully everything turns out good otherwise pale ...
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

PostSubject: Re: Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews   Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:48 am

I landed one of the Denix MP40's in a big buy - they are dead feeling and poorly made.
If you want to collect, save up a little longer and buy a better quality replica.

You can now find MGC MP40s for half what they used to be, and they are beautifully well made replicas, how should I put it: in the spirit of the original.

Just my opinion, but all the Denix will do is make you want a better quality one.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews   Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 2:32 am

Gosh...2 out of 4 of my Keystone orders are actually Denix (Webley & C9 Broomhandle): I thought these two are better made according to Kiwi's user comments...
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews   Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:50 pm

Sorry Jim, if you were misled by anything I wrote! affraid

The only Denix I have is the Webley model pistol; and I bought it knowing I'd modify it in ways to make it function better, after reading reviews on other forums. It is in pieces at the moment as I have stripped off the paint, filed the edges of the cylinder more round, and have filed the top of the frame: alll to make it more authentic looking. study

The internals, as I wrote in my review - are poorly designed, and I am working on an upgrade, replacing the pathetic ball-bearing+spring system with a tailor-made spring+bar AND looking at how to made a cylinder lock lever under the cylinder.

The Denix Webley is the ONLY available replica on the marketplace at present, and the only reason I bought it.

A while ago I notice that many of the replica guns on Keystone's website are DENIX but not listed as Denix! I checked photos with Denix's catalogue and a couple of other web sites, for comparison. I concluded some of the Keystone props were in fact Denix.
The problem is Keyston have a mix of sources for their guns, some of which are non-Denix and are very well made. scratch

I guess it's a case a Caveat Emptor! "Let the buyer beware!!"

And I agree with most people that Deix are fine models as wall-hangers or holster fillers - and some may be modified to fire caps, or made to look more realistic (like modifying their Garand to take a bayonet). Rolling Eyes

My Broomhandle Mauser pistol model is an RMI full metal version. The only reason I can think of for buying myself a Denix version would be to make a Star Wars blaster out of it! lol!

Kiwigunner

Last edited by kiwigunner on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct typos)
Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews   Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 2:31 am

I shall double check before doing anything from now on Laughing ...memory was vague and I didn't bothered to check...

Although never owned a Denix before but I think the Denix Webley is kind of decent especially in full metal and in such price range...the same applies to C9: cannot source/afford the old MGC/RMI so I look into Keystone...

Wish Me Luck Guys...wish I can get the guns very soon and see for myself...
Back to top Go down
army64

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : US
Registration date : 2012-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews   Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Hello Jim Let us know how your order works out, Thank you
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews   Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 11:40 pm

With 45 days coming this Wednesday after my order made on 20th Feb and still not a word about my order...so unfortunately I think I've to file a claim/complaint with Paypal if I cannot get the mutually-agreed full refund by tomorrow (otherwise both guns & money will be gone like an old woman with men instead of guns for their cases Crying or Very sad )...
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews   Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 1:14 am

OK...credit goes to Greg & Keystone - I received full refund so if the items & the shipping cost have been finalised I think I shall give Keystone a 2nd chance Neutral ...
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews   Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:41 am

Received this email just a couple of days ago Neutral ...so can this explains why my very first order with them getting so wrong scratch ?

Dear Keystone Customers,

First: The Bad News: The past 18 months has been quite difficult for us here at KAR, and we suffered some serious blows to our efficiency. We have had to deal with the loss of key employees through illness and death, we have had our whole email system disintegrate, and we have seen a proliferation of custom orders we simply could not keep up with. Right Now, the latest hit we have taken is with our former Bank. In May, we switched credit card gateway providers to streamline service, and get our websites, and accounting department in synch. Unfortunately, the Internet bank we were assigned to has closed, and absconded with our funds, as well as the funds from several other medium sized businesses. This situation, while hurtful to KAR will have no effect on your pending order, other than slowing the shipment from last week to this week. It is for this reason, and with a heavy heart, that we must discontinue service to our non-commercial customers. Service to our private customers will cease November 1st. We will still be filling our contracts, and serving our corporate wholesale customers, but come November 1st, we will no longer be able to Service our Private Collectors. Just a note here for anyone who has an order pending, we are shipping EVERYTHING, and you need not be concerned. Every last bit of goods ordered before 7/15/2012 will ship by July 20th. Everyone who has an outstanding order will be personally notified. EVERY ORDER WILL GET SHIPPED!!!!

Now the good news: Our Senior Technical Advisor, Gary Caprio, has purchased the consumer end of KAR, and will be offering the same custom guns and services as before. The new website for this endeavor has been secured, and will be 100% operational by Thanksgiving. I am told the new website will be gorgeous, and packed with features we talked about for years for the KAR site. The UNITED STATES REPLICA GUN COMPANY will be found at www.replicaguns.com . That new site will LOOK NOTHING LIKE the site that exists at that address right now. Again, when fully operational, I am told the site will be absolutely stunning. I look forward to this new site with a great eagerness, and when the site goes live, we'll send out another newsletter.

The THOMPSON SMG BFONG: We have had in the works for some time, a Thompson BFONG that fires the 9.3mm ammo familiar to the guys with SS-Room guns. The production is still going to go forward, and will be offered on the new site. The Changes at KAR will not affect production of this gun…or so I am told. The gun is still with the ATFE pending approval. This Project was always Gary's baby. It’s been a pleasure to serve my fellow collector, but I know replicaguns.com will be able to provide the discriminating collector with his custom needs.

Sincerely,
Greg Peterson
Owner
KAR

So can I trust this new USRGC in the future...?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews   Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:09 am

jim wrote:
Received this email just a couple of days ago Neutral Dear Keystone Customers,

Unfortunately, the Internet bank we were assigned to has closed, and absconded with our funds, as well as the funds from several other medium sized businesses.
Sincerely,
Greg Peterson
Owner
KAR

Shocked I'm speechless, I know that more than a few Banks have collapsed taking customers funds with them during recent years. I hope the Authorities are on the case with this and catch up with these thieves as soon as possible.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
josh676
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 180
Location / Country : Australia
Registration date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews   Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:01 am

Any follow ups to this? I hope it doesn't affect their sales and postage...
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews   Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:54 pm

I think that beyond what has already been written we would need to wait a bit longer to see how things work out for KAR :-/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews   Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Denix and Keystone Arsenal Reviews
Page 1 of 1