MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Beretta and disposable rounds!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Metal Beretta and disposable rounds! Empty
PostSubject: Metal Beretta and disposable rounds!   Metal Beretta and disposable rounds! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 1:25 pm

Modelguns Worldwide is now listing a full metal Beretta model AND the disposable rounds.
Anyone tried them?
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Metal Beretta and disposable rounds!   Metal Beretta and disposable rounds! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:17 pm

It's a WaShan modelgun.

Conclusion here at the forums is that the modelgun
is full metal = nice!, but quality is not as good as of Japanese replicas.
I had to polish (using dremel) some parts of my WaShan Beretta M84
which were quite rough (inside of trigger guard, dust cover).

Disposable rounds are a fantastic idea, but way too expensive in reality :-(
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Metal Beretta and disposable rounds!   Metal Beretta and disposable rounds! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:04 pm

I've got a WaShan Beretta M9 Dolphin in a stainless steel type finish. It IS a lovely looking gun. There are a couple of minor casting marks under the trigger guard but other than that it's one of my favourite models.
It's full metal, has great weight and feel, sounds wonderful when the slide's racked, as only metal can.

Best of all, is it's ability to fire, without problems, well over 100 rds without faltering. I use MGC P220 cartridges wich it's accepted without any modification. It'll fire a full mag in Auto with one squeeze of the trigger, over and over again. If only some of the Japanese made models were this reliable.

The only fault experienced with it is that the screw holding the Fire Selector Switch didn't have quite enough thread to hold firmly. The switch has to be pulled out, then rotated down for Auto, up for Semi. If the screw's tight, you can't pull the switch out, loosen it and it doesn't hold firm. Consequently the switch flies off the gun during firing.
Mine ended up stripping it's thread.
It's been repaired, properly, and now works perfectly.

The Disposable cartridges ARE a great idea, but way too expensive. Last time I checked they retail for about £0.15 each Stirling in Taiwan but are nearer £0.40 each from Modelguns-Worldwide. Attempts at buying direct from Taiwan failed.

I fired 100 rds P220 rds through mine yesterday, that's a lot of cleaning and re-loading but with caps at $US4.20 per 100 ...
Disposable rounds would have cost me £40.00 Stirling Metal Beretta and disposable rounds! Affraid I'll happily stick to cleaning my 220s I think Metal Beretta and disposable rounds! Icon_question

If you check out the Reviews section, Spencerman wrote up a good and concise review of his WaShan Beretta Dolphin... it's well worth a read

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
BadBean
BadBean

Number of posts : 82
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Metal Beretta and disposable rounds!   Metal Beretta and disposable rounds! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:54 pm

I own a Washan M9 full metal in black.

I just love it.
I am a modelgun newbie but in my opinion its a great gun.

I mainly need them for short movie projects, rather for a university project for wich we needed to film in nature.

So I bought those disposable rounds from modelguns-worldwide

Big disappointment

More detailed version is here https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-general-discussion-f1/hwa-shan-s-disposable-rounds-t1593.htm#13016
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Beretta and disposable rounds!   Metal Beretta and disposable rounds! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Beretta and disposable rounds!
Page 1 of 1