MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hudson M1A1 Thompson Extractor...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Hudson M1A1 Thompson Extractor... Empty
PostSubject: Hudson M1A1 Thompson Extractor...   Hudson M1A1 Thompson Extractor... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:21 am

Post by ww2man1941

Hi everyone. My name's Daniel and I am another newbie Hudson M1A1 Thompson Extractor... Icon_cool . I bought a hudson m1a1 not to long ago that fired the older paper caps. Through trial and error I converted it to work with the newer multi-piece caps. The detonator I made had to be case hardened so while I was at it I decided to harden the extractor Hudson M1A1 Thompson Extractor... Icon_smile . I should have known better because on the second round it broke. So does anyone know where I can find a new extractor?

Thanks,
Daniel
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson M1A1 Thompson Extractor...   Hudson M1A1 Thompson Extractor... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:22 am

Post by reemo

Daniel

Extractor or ejector?

It might fire just fine without the extractor - I have a MGC Thompson with no extractor that can fire a whole drum mag in once squeeze - no jams.

Have you tried?

The spent cartridges still shoot out (Ejector knocks them out) and I sort of like not having to hunt down casings that get FLUNG 10-20 feet when the extractor IS there! (My other Thompson can really throw brass around the room).

The Hudson is closer to the real thing than the MGC - real parts might be substituted, I cant say for positive.

Thompson parts like that are CHEAP in the US.......give it shot if Francky cant get it. (He probabaly can though)

All the best
Reemo
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson M1A1 Thompson Extractor...   Hudson M1A1 Thompson Extractor... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:23 am

Post by Mark

Hi and welcome to the forums Daniel!

Which version of extractor do you have? As there where at least two or more versions of the Hudson M1A1 extractor that i have seen one version (early) that looks like an original M1A1 extractor and fits into the bolt exactly like the real gun. And one (late) that is pinned in place with a separate spring.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson M1A1 Thompson Extractor...   Hudson M1A1 Thompson Extractor... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:24 am

Post by ww2man1941

My extractor is the type that is pinned in place. It is nothing like the real thompson extractor. I have several of the real ones (and a real thompson) but there is no way to modify the bolt to accept it. And no it will not eject shells what so ever without the extractor. In my experience with this gun I think the extractor is the weak point. 90% of the jams I experienced where caused by the extractor either bending or not engaging. I would love for it to work with a real tsmg extractor.

Daniel
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson M1A1 Thompson Extractor...   Hudson M1A1 Thompson Extractor... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:24 am

Post by Mark

Ok, it is the second type (late) that is the most common Hudson type and it is still available (i think) board member Francky will be able to obtain one for you. I agree that the Hudson will not function with out it's extractor as most full or semi autos need an extractor to work correctly..

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hudson M1A1 Thompson Extractor...   Hudson M1A1 Thompson Extractor... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hudson M1A1 Thompson Extractor...
Page 1 of 1