MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges

Go down 
+2
Cerwyn
Ammo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ammo
Ammo

Number of posts : 28
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2009-10-17

Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Empty
PostSubject: Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges   Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 5:05 am

Hi all.

I've brought a Colt SAA .45 from a friend (it's supposed to be a Marushin full metal silver model but I can't confirm this until I see it when it arrives) but he's not had any cartridges for it since he was using it as a display piece.

Does anyone have any cartridges for this they don't need and are willing to sell?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges   Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 9:17 am

Hello Ammo and welcome to the forums Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_biggrin

Once you recieve the model and can confirm manufacturer, it'll make it easier to determine exactly which cartridges you need.

One of the members might have some spare, or you could buy new ones from either:-

Francky (http://franckys-modelgun.com)
Shazhib contact via PM here
PlugFireCapGunUk (http://www.plugfirecapgunsuk.com/)
ModelgunCollctor (www.modelguncollector.co.uk)

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Ammo
Ammo

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges   Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:53 pm

Hello Cerwyn and thank you. Smile

Thank you for those links, I didn't know about those sites so I will look into that. Thus far I believe the cartridges I need are the Hudson .45 but I will post details of the gun once it arrives. It was supposed to have arrived today but my package went to someone elses address so I'm in for a wait for another few days.
Back to top Go down
Ammo
Ammo

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges   Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 3:08 am

Hello. Smile I managed to find out finally the (vague) details of the PFC I have which arrived today.

It has no make anywhere on it or on the box but the details I CAN see are as follows:

The box has a symbol on it (picture below) which looks like a circle with an M and F inside it. The box (and gun barrel) says Colt Single Action Army .45 across it. Also says KOKUSAI SANGYO on the gun as well as MODEL OF 10.77 on it.

At a guess, I believe it uses Hudson .45 cartridges (you can see the same exact gun I have which is at the following link http://www.modelguns-worldwide.com/colt_saa_45.htm).

Anyone have any these for sale at all (am looking for around 12 or so to buy). Smile
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Number of posts : 275
Location / Country : Leeds
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges   Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:10 am

Hi Mate ,

Looks like you bought yourself a lovely revolver right there !!

The Kokusai models are beauties arn,t they ?

I have a couple of these myself but not this particular model which has always eluded me and it is a personal favourite too .

I am sure one of our HK friends , Francky or Shazib will be able to supply cartridges if you are unable to locate any locally ? They are great guys to deal with and will do you a good deal .

Carl . Very Happy

Last edited by phobus on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges   Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:36 am

phobus wrote:
Hi Mate ,

Looks like you bought yourself a lovely revolver right there !!

The Kokusai models are beauties arn,t they ?

I have a couple of these myself but not this particular model which has always eluded me and it is a personal favourite too .

I am sure one of our HK friends , Francky or Shazib will be able to supply cartridges if you are unable to locate any locally ? They are great guys to deal with and will do you a good deal .

I am in negotiation for a model 19 4" Smith and Wesson model with rubber Pachmayer grips . If I get it, would it be illegal (in Britain) to drill out the chambers as the blockages always annoy me and detract from realism Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_question . If I lose function by doing so then so be it !

Carl . Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_biggrin

Long time ago i tried drilling out the blockages on a Kokusai M-29. They were very hard to drill so the drill bit veered off and penetrated the soft zinc material, thus ruining the cylinder completley. Looked like shit so i later threw it away.

Just a head's up Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_smile It'd be sad to see someone make the same mistake as i did on such a nice revolver...

Last edited by Cerwyn on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Phobus' quote edited at his request)
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Number of posts : 275
Location / Country : Leeds
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges   Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:22 pm

OK Mate

Thanks

CARL. Smile

Last edited by phobus on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 617
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges   Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:16 pm

Are you allowed to own a real revolver cylinder, they are cheap for the model 19, it might fit your replica, they're unregulated in the US - check gunbroker (if buying it doesn't constitute an offense.)

Sorry to thread crash - ref. the .45 Long Colt dummy carts'.
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges   Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:24 pm

phobus wrote:
If I get it, would it be illegal (in Britain) to drill out the chambers as the blockages always annoy me and detract from realism . . Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_biggrin

The inserts are super hard to prevent anyone "converting" these and Id think twice because "if" the old bill were to ever examine your collection they could argue that "conversion" was your main aim .

If you take away the measures put in place to make your replica unconvertable then it becomes ......

only advice as I see it chap

DOC

Last edited by Cerwyn on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Phobus' quote edited at author's request)
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges   Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 7:22 pm

sorry to spam up the thread .....but whilst we are discussing altering the appearance of your perfectly legal to own replica revolvers ....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/6422397/80-starting-pistol-prompts-surge-in-gangland-shootings.html

once someone discovers an "easy" way to do what was suggested then bang goes ownership of them ( excuse the pun)

only advice I will give is leave well alone and enjoy them for what they are..

With reference to the telegraph story ...I presume this now means that particular blank model will now be regarded as "readiliy modified " and be added to the no no list affraid

DOC
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges   Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:52 am

No need for apologies Doc, quite the contrary in fact. Thank you for posting it.

This article highlights that the criminal element out there are seen to be converting perfectly legal replicas or blank firers to live firing weapons.
Clearly the Authorities response is to clamp down even tighter making our Modelguns subject to even closer scrutiny.

I would obviously hope that no-one here would even consider manufacturing live firing weapons from any replicas (not that it's really possible with them) but any modification to make one look a bit more realistic could be seen as converting to fire by the Police and Courts.

As you say Doc, Leave Well Alone.

Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges   Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 3:56 pm

Oops, thanks Cerwyn.. i didn't think about any legal issues, thanks for pointing that out!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges   Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 4:42 pm

2Sharp wrote:
Oops, thanks Cerwyn.. i didn't think about any legal issues, thanks for pointing that out!

No problem 2sharp Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_biggrin . It does highlight how Countries around the World differ in their Laws regarding modifying replicas. What's seen as safe, harmless modifying for better appearance in one Country could be seen as attempting to convert to fire Live rds somewhere else.

It's good that we can discuss some issues like this. Better to learn from a friendly member here that "your" planned modification could be highly illegal than to learn from the Authorities as "you" get dragged away to Gaol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges   Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Colt SAA .45 Cartridges
Page 1 of 1