MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck)

Go down 
+2
Cerwyn
stealthmaster
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stealthmaster

Number of posts : 26
Location / Country : US
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Empty
PostSubject: Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck)   Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 6:52 am

Don't know what the problem is...the magazine has trouble locking into the gun, but when pressing the opposite side of the magazine release, it locks in.

The magazine release loosens the magazine slightly, but its still firmly lodged in the gun, and I can't pull it out.

Any tips?
Back to top Go down
stealthmaster

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck)   Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 11:58 pm

No one has had this issue before?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck)   Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 11:24 am

Hi Stealthmaster,

I can't say I've had this problem with my own M9 but wonder if the magazine catch on yours has a little moulding flash or suchlike making it too long Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_question

Your comment that pushing against the opposite side of the catch would release the mag got me thinking on this line.
There's no burr on the magazine catch slot is there Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_question

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
stealthmaster

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck)   Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Hard to see, since the magazine only loosens, it can't be ejected.

I'm not sure about the moulding flash or anything like that, but I do know it worked when I first got it without a problem...

About 3-4 times ejecting the magazine and putting it back in is when the problem started.
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck)   Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:03 pm

I can`t remember if the Dolphin is one of the ones you can do it with however try and take the slide off with the mag in place ( I know not the usual procedure )

this will let you know if anything has snagged the top of the mag or if its the catch.

I have known a couple of hanguns where a cartidge has bent the top of the mag and made it snag in place

DOC
Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck)   Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:28 pm

Mine does the x-act same. The slidelock moves out of the receiver of the pistol (to the left), the tab on the slidelock slips under the follower instead of resting on top of it. If your slide won't lock back on an empty magazine it is probably the same issue.

I haven't been able to find a fix for it, to be honest i think my Dolphin is ready for retirement as there are quite a few pieces that has broken...

Cool modelgun though!
Back to top Go down
stealthmaster

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck)   Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 4:46 am

Sort of figured it out...stripped the gun, and this piece (don't know what it's called) gets jammed. Once I align it properly, magazine and release works fine...but a few times in and out and it gets stuck again, so I have to take the slide off again to fix it...

Also ANOTHER BIG PROBLEM...the gun doesn't work. Maybe I'm not loading the cartridges correctly? Is there a guide for these type of cartridges?

Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Vb6vl
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck)   Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:35 am

I have a half written guide I started awhile ago for loading the Marushin Dolphin's cartridges. I'll tidy it up and send it to you today hopefully.

Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck)   Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 2:20 am

Yep, same issue that i've experienced.

Slide lock lever, or just slide lock i think it's called Smile
Back to top Go down
stealthmaster

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck)   Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:03 pm

Anyone else only manage to fire 50% of the time with this gun?

I put a cartridge in, nothing happens. Take it out, put it back in, and it shoots! Strange.

And only semi-auto...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck)   Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:27 pm

stealthmaster wrote:

I put a cartridge in, nothing happens. Take it out, put it back in, and it shoots! Strange.

And only semi-auto...

Did I send you a draft write-up explaining how to load up the Beretta M9 Marushin cartridges Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_question
If the second attempt at firing a cartridge usually sets it off, the first thing I'd check for is that the cartridge' internals, including the cap's edges are lightly lubricated with silicone grease.
Any friction inside the cartridge could stop everything sliding smoothly to allow the cap and internal pin to strike.
Re-chambering and trying again now has cap and pin closer together and easier to strike.

Check also that the gun's firing pin, integrally moulded and spring loaded in the firing block which is itself glued onto the slide is free to move back and forth without sticking

Will your modelgun not function at all when set in Auto mode, or does it behave as a Semi Auto regardless of which position the selector switch is in Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_question

Back to top Go down
stealthmaster

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck)   Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:11 pm

Cerwyn wrote:
stealthmaster wrote:

And only semi-auto...

Did I send you a draft write-up explaining how to load up the Beretta M9 Marushin cartridges Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_question
If the second attempt at firing a cartridge usually sets it off, the first thing I'd check for is that the cartridge' internals, including the cap's edges are lightly lubricated with silicone grease.
Any friction inside the cartridge could stop everything sliding smoothly to allow the cap and internal pin to strike.
Re-chambering and trying again now has cap and pin closer together and easier to strike.

Check also that the gun's firing pin, integrally moulded and spring loaded in the firing block which is itself glued onto the slide is free to move back and forth without sticking

Will your modelgun not function at all when set in Auto mode, or does it behave as a Semi Auto regardless of which position the selector switch is in Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_question

Yes, you did, and it seemed to work before (didn't use grease).

Now it only works 50% of the time (both with and without using silicone spray). Maybe spray not as good as grease?

Maybe I am using the selector wrong? Flick up for full-auto? Or is it supposed to move over the white dot (which it does not do).
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

Number of posts : 208
Location / Country : Belgium
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck)   Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:14 pm

white dot visible is just semi auto. white dot covered is full auto.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck)   Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:52 am

stealthmaster wrote:

Now it only works 50% of the time (both with and without using silicone spray). Maybe spray not as good as grease?

Maybe I am using the selector wrong? Flick up for full-auto? Or is it supposed to move over the white dot (which it does not do).

The cap's edges must be lubricated to allow them to slide smoothly inside the cartridge when the cap fires. It's this that creates the blowback force needed to cycle the gun. It's also vitally important that the cap slides effortlessly towards the firing pin when the hammer falls.

I personally prefer silicone grease because it's less likely to get onto the cap's charge making it wet. Silicone oil can accidentaly get sprayed or run onto the charge. Wet caps won't fire.

Make sure your cartridges are spotlessly clean inside too. Dirt and residue builds up every time they're used and this will stop caps sliding no matter how much grease or oil you use.

The selector switch for Semi & Full Auto is spring loaded so won't move from either position unless to grasp the switch, pull it outwards against the spring pressue and then move it to the desired position.
It's not like the Safety switch that'll flick up or down with a push of the thumb. Try the selector again just to make sure it's pulling out far enough to let it move properly.

I hope this helps

Back to top Go down
stealthmaster

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck)   Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 1:26 am

Cerwyn wrote:
stealthmaster wrote:

The cap's edges must be lubricated to allow them to slide smoothly inside the cartridge when the cap fires. It's this that creates the blowback force needed to cycle the gun. It's also vitally important that the cap slides effortlessly towards the firing pin when the hammer falls.

I personally prefer silicone grease because it's less likely to get onto the cap's charge making it wet. Silicone oil can accidentaly get sprayed or run onto the charge. Wet caps won't fire.

Make sure your cartridges are spotlessly clean inside too. Dirt and residue builds up every time they're used and this will stop caps sliding no matter how much grease or oil you use.

The selector switch for Semi & Full Auto is spring loaded so won't move from either position unless to grasp the switch, pull it outwards against the spring pressue and then move it to the desired position.
It's not like the Safety switch that'll flick up or down with a push of the thumb. Try the selector again just to make sure it's pulling out far enough to let it move properly.

I hope this helps

I see...must be the wet caps.

I'll have some time this weekend to try everything out some more.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck)   Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:34 am

I bought the dolphine just recently, got the same slide catch issue.
It seem, mag follower looks sits tight with mag on top, however, if you take out a bottom plate of mag and gently move down a spring, you will see thre are wide room between inner wall of the mag and the follower. If the follower moves up with leaning onto right side of inner wall, then, it will be away from reach of slide catch nail, then, the follower end up sitting on top of slide catch nail. This seems to be a common issue of Marushin Beretta series.

What I did was, twist first and second rounds from a top of mag spring, towards left side, almost 70 degrees which makes the follower always keep left side of mag inside.

S
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck)   Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin M9 Dolphin (magazine stuck)
Page 1 of 1