MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem.

Go down 
+3
PPU
Cerwyn
smootik
7 posters
AuthorMessage
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Empty
PostSubject: Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem.   Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:47 pm

Fine folks,

An M712 (metal) has a problem ejecting cartridges. It didn't properly eject at first shots (carts were left in barrell), then suddenly extractor (part M18, the one that holds cartridge by rim to pull it out of chamber) flew out together with the next cartridge. Cause unknown.

I was able to put it back in place, and while manually cycling discovered that when extractor is raised (cartridge in chamber), it also slides slightly backward, and two "thingies" (oh, I always run out of English names for things) at its sides get slightly up and out of their holes resulting in the whole extracter wedged in that position. This means that when bolt&extractor move backward, cartridge is not grabbed and not ejected. This might be the original problem, or a new one.

Any thoughts?

I'd guess that extractor tab has to be removed and bent somehow to not allow for any movement when it is inserted back in slide.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem.   Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:53 am

Hi smootik,

I've experienced similar problems with mine too. The extractor isn't pinned in place is it, those 2 "ears" seem to be the only means of keeping it in place.

I haven't had time to study mine yet so I'll certainly be following this thread with interest... Thanks for bringing it up Wink

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
PPU

Number of posts : 68
Location / Country : Russian Federation, Moscow
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem.   Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 8:10 pm

Quote :
smootik
Did you solve your problem?
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem.   Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:39 am

I am not 100% sure yet.
I have bent extractor slightly down. Now it does not block as previously, but don't know if it is permanent.
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem.   Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:59 pm

smootik,

I think I've experienced a similar problem.
When I fired my metal M712, it was ok at the first time, but later, the extracor comes off from bolt head with stucking at a rim of cartridge.

M712 does not have independent spring to move extractor put in right place, therefore, the extractor should have some sprint tention nature on it's metal. But, the one from Marushin is bold-normal-nothing special piece of metal. If you really want to solve, I think you need to make one up from a sheet of steel?

I am also seeking a solution.

shaz,
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem.   Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:47 pm

I think I have found a solution cheers

I was looking at Cerywns Mauser for the same problem scratch first I heat treated and annealed it to stop it from bending and keep it's springiness, which worked for a while before it also bent

Next was to make a replacement from a high carbon steel (and heat/anneal it) which was better but still bent over time (about 30-40rds)

After the failures my plan was to replace the original extractor with the ABS type which is held by a pin, but they are difficult to get hold of so I made one Very Happy which works very well and shows no sign of bending

Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Ext3
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem.   Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:20 am

I can't wait to get my hands on my Mauser now Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_biggrin

The standard Marushin metal version of the M712 extractor simply "clicks" into place and has a habit of getting pulled out during firing. I'd bought my Mauser second hand and the locating slots on top of the bolt were worn making it even easier for the extractor to be pulled out of place.
The extractor is made from spring steel which had also lost its' ability to keep its' shape so bent on contact with the cartridge rim.

The ABS version has a better arrangement because the extractor is secured by a pin and it's spring loaded. The plan was to fit an abs version extractor but unfortunately sourcing one from Japan or anywhere else proved impossible.

I did manage to source a spring though Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_biggrin thanks to Shazhib

8ace's post makes the modifcation sound a lot simpler than it was in reality, he really is too modest at times Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_wink
Making the extractor from scratch is quite some task, Marushin probably stamp the basic shape from sheet steel then pass it through stamping and forming presses to bend the sides and claw over. This extractor is made by hand.
The Bolt was drilled to accept a securing pin, then drilling a recess to locate the spring before fitting the extractor itself.

I can't wait to try it out for myself Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_bounce

Thanks 8ace for your hard work and ingenuity

Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem.   Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:14 am

We aim to please Very Happy

8ace
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem.   Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:10 pm

8ace wrote:
...they are difficult to get hold of so I made one...
I'm still laughing. I read the sentence, looked at the shape of the extractor at photo, thought for a moment how much effort it would take to shape such a piece of metal, heck, even such a piece of wood, then came to the same conclusion as Cerwyn ;-)
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem.   Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:10 pm

The tricky part was trying to hold such a small/thin part while working on it scratch

Also the bolt stop (M8) broke so i made one of those as well Very Happy

Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. M8

Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. M8new
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem.   Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:43 pm

8ace you never cease to amaze me , am i glad you live just around the corner or what!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem.   Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:26 pm

claymore wrote:
8ace you never cease to amaze me , am i glad you live just around the corner or what!! Very Happy Very Happy

Where would we be without an engineer like 'ace Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_question Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Kopfschuettel surrounded by a pile of broken and knackered modelguns I reckon Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_eek
It's worrying that some Marushin spare parts are becoming difficult to find, if not impossible at the minute.
I am looking forwards to firing my refurbished M712 immensely now, I'll be letting you all know how it behaves asap.

You'll remember my self destructing PPSh41 .. that's been repaired and reinforced too... watch these pages for News and Videos hopefully Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down
kickback
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
kickback

Number of posts : 338
Location / Country : UK.Cambridgeshire
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem.   Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:19 pm

well mate you've done it again,more brilliant machining skills Very Happy Very Happy .i hate ya lol! /I agree with Claymore...i'm glad i live close bounce bounce

See ya soon mate..........got a big list Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Kickback Very Happy
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem.   Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:48 am

Quote :
See ya soon mate..........got a big list

D'oh pale
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem.   Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:39 pm

Is there any other extractor that could be modified to fit M712?

By modified I mean rather simple things, like shaving off excess material, or maybe drilling a hole. I don't have machinery to process steel (except Dremel), so the original would have to be prett close ;-)

The only extractor that looks remotely like M712 is Mauser 98k. It just might be possible to use the thicker part (where "omega" comes) for drilling hole.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem.   Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:10 pm

We had tried to buy Marushin's own ABS model M712 extractor which is completely different to the metal version but is a much better design. The idea was to fit the ABS type to the metal version
Unfortunately, sourcing a standard Marushin part proved impossible at the time so 8ace made one from scratch
Hopefully, Marushin's spare parts supplies will be back to normal now Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_neutral

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem.   Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin M712 - extractor getting stuck (#M18) problem.
Page 1 of 1