MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin XM177E2 KIT... Faulty Stock Tube Thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin XM177E2 KIT... Faulty Stock Tube Thread Empty
PostSubject: Marushin XM177E2 KIT... Faulty Stock Tube Thread   Marushin XM177E2 KIT... Faulty Stock Tube Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:33 pm

Hello All,

I'm sure that a lot of you out there will have come accross this one:

Marushin XM177E kit, as clearly and exactly explained in

http://www.mp40modelguns.com/Marushin%20XM177E2.htm

this thread is an absolute pain. I see that John managed to clean the male thread but we've tried here without much success. No damage has been done but the fear of doing so leads me to ask you guys for any help please?

Here's hoping

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin XM177E2 KIT... Faulty Stock Tube Thread   Marushin XM177E2 KIT... Faulty Stock Tube Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:34 pm

Post by Mark

Hi cerwyn,

I filed the threads on the stock tube with a small needle file as I could not find a die set that contained the proper sized thread die to re-cut the threads with. The threads on the stock tube are "flat" and they don't have the proper depth to allow the somewhat sharper more defined threads in the lower receiver to mesh correctly.

If you obtain a small needle file,die or a thread "chaser" to do the job it will deepen the thread form and allow the stock tube to thread in fine instead of creak/groan/break something...

I can see that I need to re-write my website now with further details that I have learned since I last up-dated the site.

Oh, and by the way, it's Mark not John...

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin XM177E2 KIT... Faulty Stock Tube Thread   Marushin XM177E2 KIT... Faulty Stock Tube Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:37 pm

Thanks for the advice everybody.
My apologies Mark, I didn't look properly did I?

At long last we finally sorted the thread on the Marushin XM177E2 Butt tube thread. As lots of us know, Marushin have cut the thread too shallow and flat to make it fit the receiver.
Finally identified the thread as 1mm pitch metric, we didn't have a thread chaser to hand so lapped the thread with grinding paste. Took an hour of rubbing but it screws in like it was meant to now.
Same method as Mark's needle filing really but you can sharpen more threads at the same time with paste.
About time Marushin sorted their Quality Control out though!
Cerwyn
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin XM177E2 KIT... Faulty Stock Tube Thread   Marushin XM177E2 KIT... Faulty Stock Tube Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin XM177E2 KIT... Faulty Stock Tube Thread
Page 1 of 1