MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ABS Revolvers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

ABS Revolvers Empty
PostSubject: ABS Revolvers   ABS Revolvers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:07 pm

****Originally posted by rizzo****

Hi everyone

Just wondering if any of you have had any experience with the Kokusai ABS revolvers? What are they like, function and finish. And if they compare at all well to the Kokusai metal guns?

many thanks
joe
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

ABS Revolvers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABS Revolvers   ABS Revolvers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:08 pm

****Originally posted by mark****

Hi rizzo,

The newly re-leased Kokusai S&W M10 4 inch Heavy Barrel Heavy Weight revolver is pretty nice and it looks almost like it's made out of steel!

I really don't collect revolvers but I might actually buy one of these as they seem to be nice and I haven't had a revolver modelgun since my old LS Model kits!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

ABS Revolvers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABS Revolvers   ABS Revolvers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:08 pm

****Originally posted by claymore****

Hey mark LS kits, God i remember them i had loads of models the model 19 S&W was the reason i bought a real one, they were cheap and fun to make its a real shame that you cannot still buy them.
I did bid for a model 29 on ebay a few months ago but missed out, Doh!!

By the way i take it you edit my guest entrys, thanks for that dont know what happened there, but it was late in the morning.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

ABS Revolvers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABS Revolvers   ABS Revolvers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:09 pm

Hi claymore,

Yes, the old LS kits! They where a great model kit and it is too bad that they aren't still produced as I think that they woud still sell well..And yes, I have seen them on eBay too but I haven't yet bid on one.

We could start a thread just on them couldn't we?

And yes, I did edit your posts as they looked funny to me like that.. I am not quite sure what happened there yet as far as the "guest" posting is concerned..

Anyways, the Kokusai revolvers are great modelguns and I will probably obtain one in the future.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

ABS Revolvers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABS Revolvers   ABS Revolvers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:09 pm

Yeh the M10 looks fantastic
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

ABS Revolvers Empty

It looks as if some of the Japanese modelgun manufacturers are revising their older modelgun lines and (like Hudson,MGC and Kokusai) and comming out with nicer improved versions and the M10 is one of them.

Hudson is really trying to improve it's line-up as they where really bad for a while and Kokusai went bankrupt a while ago too but they are back up and running and improving...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

ABS Revolvers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABS Revolvers   ABS Revolvers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:10 pm

Excellent!

What are the quality of the older Kokusai metal revolvers? THe ones made in 1985 and onwards? Any idea?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

ABS Revolvers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABS Revolvers   ABS Revolvers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:10 pm

Quote :
PostPosted: 08 May 2005 08:53 pm Post subject:
Excellent!

What are the quality of the older Kokusai metal revolvers? THe ones made in 1985 and onwards? Any idea?

Actually, Kokusai's quality seems to have been excellent from what I have seen..Although, the older ABS Kokusai revolvers have looked rather "plasticky" to me as they had too much "gloss"
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

ABS Revolvers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABS Revolvers   ABS Revolvers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:11 pm

I have also noticed this discrepancy with the Kokusai revolvers (I don't know about their other modelguns) and I have noticed that some modelgun collectors in Japan are bothered by the Kokusai symbol being subsituted for the Smith&Wesson symbol.

But, other than this fact, they are very nice revolver modelguns well worth buying. (even if they aren't semi/full auto!)
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

ABS Revolvers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABS Revolvers   ABS Revolvers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:12 pm

John,

Yes, the Colt revovers don't have the Kokusai symbol on them as Kokusai probably couldn't design in their symbol on the "Rampant Colt" (Horse mark)But, the Kokusai symbol "fits" in the Smith&Wesson roundel.

The MGC/Marushin revolvers always seem to follow the original trade marks as closely as possible. I like to think that Kokusai feels more pride in their modelgun design and so they like to mark them with their logo to reflect this.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

ABS Revolvers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABS Revolvers   ABS Revolvers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:13 pm

Just ordered a S&W M10 4inch from GnG
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

ABS Revolvers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABS Revolvers   ABS Revolvers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:13 pm

****Originally posted by john****

Hi rizzo,

Does the police in UK still use this today ?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

ABS Revolvers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABS Revolvers   ABS Revolvers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:14 pm

Our regular police don't use guns And i doubt SO19 have this in their armoury

I got it for it's looks, very nice gun
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

ABS Revolvers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABS Revolvers   ABS Revolvers Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:14 pm

I chose the police version, the non bull barrel. The police version is cheaper, but i like the look of it more Mark has agreed to sell me some original wooden grips for it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ABS Revolvers Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABS Revolvers   ABS Revolvers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ABS Revolvers
Page 1 of 1